Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

rhahymlb6cwkzzsjppxj.jpg
upload_2017-5-16_12-0-54.jpeg
7552263244_c90f658d27.jpg

Nemo14

We went out to Myakka Sate Park this morning while it was relatively cool. I know I've mentioned how dry everything is, but here's a few contrasting pictures to show the difference:

I took this in November of 2015
IMG_1574_zpsa7lgcvkh.jpg

same spot today
full

Before...
IMG_1581_zpszzrvrat9.jpg

now...
full

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We went out to Myakka Sate Park this morning while it was relatively cool. I know I've mentioned how dry everyeen, but here's a few contrasting pictures to show the difference:

I took this in November of 2015
IMG_1574_zpsa7lgcvkh.jpg

same spot today
full

Before...
IMG_1581_zpszzrvrat9.jpg

now...
full
Wow!

Eric1955

I wonder if / when the dino theme gets removed from UOE (is the Guardians rumor still a thing?) they will relocate all those cool AA's over to MK, making it an indoor addition to the train ride similar to the dino scene at DL. One can only hope...

I'm still holding out hope that the dinos stay right where they are. If not, I agree they would be a great addition to the railroad.

Nemo14

After we dropped my grandniece off at preschool this morning we decided we should check on the eaglets. There are 2 nests that we've been keeping a close eye on since we got here. One of them is right across the street from a small pond/river-ish thing. This pair of eaglets has been flying lately - we've seen them perched in nearby trees the past couple of times we've been over there, and the other night we actually saw them fly back to their nest. it was pretty awesome to see.

Anyway this morning the had flown to a bridge across the street.
full

full

full

The parents are teaching them to find food for themselves, using a little tough love. They're hungry, and you can hear them call the adults, but the adult just keeps watch from a nearby tree, and once the eaglets are hungry enough they'll learn to fish and forage for themselves.

full

They flew down to the shore, had a little skirmish, then flew back up to the bridge while we watched.

full

full

They'll be leaving soon, but so will we. It's been awesome watching these 2 - they were just hatching when we were here in January.

Nemo14

From that nest we went over to our favorite pair, but stopped to check in on the Sand Hill Crane we saw nesting the other day. Her egg hasn't hatched yet, but she takes meticulous care of her nest:
200690-38a62085df314fe234730538adbdd5f8.jpg

Our favorite nest is just across the street - the eaglets there haven't flown yet as far as we know, but they like to perch on the edge of the nest to watch for the adults. The stupid crows were there annoying them again today. I'm guessing that the eaglets will have the last laugh on that one!

200688-c7f67cef427a57e7f23dfa7247d754ee.jpg

200689-bda4948b9f41346bcf6e0255a31f74c0.jpg

200687-f520d8bbea29901e74467eb591bbed31.jpg

200686-87a76e751e5752853e66caafd42fb86e.jpg

200685-0d91e4baa20e98c9b41f926c5e981fde.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This question is for @Andrew C and anyone who has done the Wild Africa Trek.

We are looking at 9/11, as that is our DAK "day". Tours are at the following times:
IMG_3567.jpg
I have DHS scheduled for the second half of the day, with 50's Sci Fi booked for 7:00.

Now for the questions part - what time would you recommend? I'd like to ride both Pandora attractions that day. I'll do FoP as FP+, and the boat ride as standby. Should we do these before the trek, or after? How filling is the "breakfast" or "lunch" provided? Do you eat more toward the beginning, the end, or right smack in the middle?

Thank you for any input.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom