How to get Be Our Guest?

Squigglove

Original Poster
Are we supposed to call in a midnight to reserve our 180 reservation for BoG?
The site didn't open the 180 day until 6am and still hasn't allowed any time slot.

Tony the Tigger

I don't know how big your party is, but as a party of two, we have just walked in for dinner more than once and been seated within a few minutes without a reservation.

Squigglove

Original Poster
Did you keep checking after also? Not all dining gets loaded at exactly 6am it seems (same with FP)

I have been, yes. This reservation is going to actually be for Christmas, so I'm going to have to call it in. So 7am is the earliest I can call?

correcaminos

I have been, yes. This reservation is going to actually be for Christmas, so I'm going to have to call it in. So 7am is the earliest I can call?
7 am Eastern, yes, so you would have missed it if it was today. Also are you onsite? Because it's really 180+10 if you are.

Also maybe I stink at math but we're only up to November for booking dates. Christmas won't be out for over a month

Squigglove

Original Poster
I understand. I have also done the math and was doing a test run of it just to see. There have not been any time slots available at all since before 6am!!! I'm chatting with them as we speak; they're telling me to plan from my last day ...I don't know what that means!!!

drizgirl

I understand. I have also done the math and was doing a test run of it just to see. There have not been any time slots available at all since before 6am!!! I'm chatting with them as we speak; they're telling me to plan from my last day ...I don't know what that means!!!
Since you can book at 180 days for the length of your trip (up to 10 days) the most availability will be toward the end of your trip. When you hit 180 days exactly, people will have been booking that day for up to 10 days already.

Squigglove

Original Poster
People are saying book from my last day to the first day. I'm trying really hard to rationalize this...if the first day of my trip opens and I just sit here and not book anything, that means other people are going to, which ultimately means that even less will be available to me if I wait. It just doesn't make logical sense. I am trying to understand this! But I'm puzzled.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
People are saying book from my last day to the first day. I'm trying really hard to rationalize this...if the first day of my trip opens and I just sit here and not book anything, that means other people are going to, which ultimately means that even less will be available to me if I wait. It just doesn't make logical sense. I am trying to understand this! But I'm puzzled.
What they are saying is that when you go to book your ADRs, do the most difficult to get farther out during your stay, and first when you are booking. Then move to the easier ADRs to get closer to your arrival day. Of course, there are only a handful of places that must be reserved at 180. So if you are staying for 7 days on site, you can book at 187 days out for those. So pick BoG for day 5 or 6, and you shouldn't have any problems. The vast majority of restaurants can be reserved at less than 3 or 4 months, so you shouldn't have any issues with the rest of your ADRs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What they are saying is that when you go to book your ADRs, do the most difficult to get farther out during your stay, and first when you are booking. Then move to the easier ADRs to get closer to your arrival day. Of course, there are only a handful of places that must be reserved at 180. So if you are staying for 7 days on site, you can book at 187 days out for those. So pick BoG for day 5 or 6, and you shouldn't have any problems. The vast majority of restaurants can be reserved at less than 3 or 4 months, so you shouldn't have any issues with the rest of your ADRs.
This^^^

Popular places like BoG, Chef Mickey and Ohana are often booked solid 185 days in advance as Disney resort guests can book up to 10 days worth of dining reservations (hence the name 180+10) at their 180 mark. If you have a 7 day trip, the probability of one of those restaurants having availability is much greater at 187 days out vs 180 days.

Use this link to calculate your 180 day out day.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/reservation-calculator.htm

We were at Disney a few weeks ago. In order to get BOG lunch reservations, we pieced together multiple reservations for 1 person. I was able to keep checking and found 4 reservations for 1 person each within 10 minutes of each other (2 at 1pm and 2 at 1:05). So that is another option if your original plan doesn't work. It takes a little more work and you would have to place each reservation in the name of a different person in your party, but it worked well for us.

Rickster7

I find reservations on the App sometimes after I can't find them online. I don't know why it is different? Plus like it has been said people will make multiple reservations and then cancel them as time gets near. So 30,60,90 days out stuff will become available. You just got to keep checking.

Last edited:

rob0519

On our last visit, there were openings each night at BOG around 9:00 PM. We chose not to eat that late, but on our next trip, if we can't get an earlier ADR we may take the last available just to try the food.

ChrisI

Can I get a clarification on something? I see some people saying you can RSVP dining at 6am and call at 7am est but I thought it was 7am est for both online or phone, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom