Holy crap, I'm 40!

epcotisbest

Omg.. I turn 40 next month and am totally stealing this!lol

Yeah, I have seen your photo in your trip report. You can't be a day more than 19.
40 was a difficult one for me. I started turning grey at 25 and was completely white haired by 40. Decided to go to a salon and have it colored. I looked so silly. Never did that again and have just learned to live with it. By 50 I quit caring and now at 56, I am just happy it is not falling out.

21stamps

Yeah, I have seen your photo in your trip report. You can't be a day more than 19.
40 was a difficult one for me. I started turning grey at 25 and was completely white haired by 40. Decided to go to a salon and have it colored. I looked so silly. Never did that again and have just learned to live with it. By 50 I quit caring and now at 56, I am just happy it is not falling out.

I'm having a realllllyyy tough time with this number. It's hitting me hard. I feel like I was 25 yesterday! In the past year gray hairs have sprouted and I now have wrinkles that never existed before. Before now I thought age 29 was the most difficult lol.

OP- hopefully you are handling it better than I am.

epcotisbest

I'm having a realllllyyy tough time with this number. It's hitting me hard. I feel like I was 25 yesterday! In the past year gray hairs have sprouted and I now have wrinkles that never existed before. Before now I thought age 29 was the most difficult lol.

From OP's post it sounds like she is embracing it. I hope so. Guys tend to worry less about these things. I know my wife fretted a little about 50, but then moved on quickly.

21stamps

From OP's post it sounds like she is embracing it. I hope so. Guys tend to worry less about these things. I know my wife fretted a little about 50, but then moved on quickly.

She does, and it's wonderful! I'm hoping by the time that day comes I will have reached some level of acceptance.lol. Guys do fret less..they also visibly age slower, which is completely unfair!! ;)

DisneyPrincess5

Happy birthday and congrats on reaching an awesome milestone!

I turned 30 in March and I'm totally loving it. I am embracing me so much more than ever and I feel so liberated. I have this perspective that aging is a privilege that many people don't get the chance to experience, so I feel extra lucky to keep reaching new milestones. Enjoy your day and start of your new decade!

MissM

Original Poster
Aw, thanks! You're sweet. I have recently noticed a LOT more silver strands in the hair but I'm just calling it my "natural glitter." :p Actually, today I treated myself to an overdue haircut and got highlights for the first time in years.

Turning 30 hit me like a TON of bricks. It was like...I felt that when I was a little girl, 30 was the age you were an "adult." You should have a house and be all set and figured out. And I totally wasn't. So I felt like this huge, looming sense of pressure and failure. 40 feels strange more than terrifying to me. It seems so odd. Like, me? Me? I'm 40? LOL No...can't be! But my 30's had a lot of tough challenges including some major medical issues and surgery and all that so I feel a lot more able to conquer the small stuff now. It's hard to be afraid of the little stuff when you've overcome 3lbs of tumors in your uterus! In a weird way, having been through that awful period was almost a blessing since it really helped change my perspective on a lot of things. This too shall pass, you know?

Happy birthday and congrats on reaching an awesome milestone!

I turned 30 in March and I'm totally loving it. I am embracing me so much more than ever and I feel so liberated. I have this perspective that aging is a privilege that many people don't get the chance to experience, so I feel extra lucky to keep reaching new milestones. Enjoy your day and start of your new decade!

Yeah I totally get that. The older I get, the more I'm comfortable with myself and willing to do things that are "silly" or that might make people think I'm odd. I just don't care. (I now get the old ladies with pink hair!) I started cosplaying a couple years ago for example and I LOVE it. Why not have fun? Dressing up isn't just for kids! :D I don't worry so much about what other people think or say because I realize at the end of the day it just doesn't matter. So growing older can be liberating in a lot of ways. I hope you enjoy your 30's immensely!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Today's my birthday and it's a biggie. I just looked and saw that I joined the forum 13 years ago!! :eek: Crazy to think I was in my 20's when I joined and today I've entered my 40's.

Thanks to @wdwmagic and everyone here for being a great place all these years to share my love of all things Disney!
Happy Birthday, @MissM.
I hope you bought yourself a snazzy new Dooney to celebrate the occasion.

I will be in the parks this summer, just a few weeks after celebrating my 50th! Crazy indeed. However can I be turning 50, I'm still a teenager inside?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom