Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We weren't very hungry, obviously, but we did still try some treats
Not sure what possessed me to take this picture...its the only one I have of the buffet :)
DSC_3412_1.jpg

DSC_3413_1.jpg

DSC_3417_1.jpg

This dessert party was much different than previous times we had been to. The CMs were super outgoing and friendly and kept telling us if we wanted to we could leave to get real food. We weren't looking for real food but we did leave in search of a blanket because it was so cold. We could not find any blankets in the Emporium so we almost bought a towel. When we went to go buy it I noticed they had blankets for $19, but with a $40 purchase. I asked/begged the CM for a blanket and he let me buy it straight up for $19 with no other purchases. I was so grateful! Back to the dessert party we went :) We also randomly got an entire thing of Ghirardelli chocolates as a Wishes dessert party thank you :)
DSC_3421_1.jpg

The whole point of me booking this party was so we could watch Wishes one last time while sitting at a table and without fighting the crowds. Plus we were extra comfy with our new blanket. I really wanted to enjoy Wishes fully so I didn't take any pictures except for a few failed ones when Tinkerbell came out :)
DSC_3426_1.jpg

DSC_3428_1.jpg

I surprisingly made it through Wishes without crying too much. However, as we were leaving the dessert party it hit me and I started sobbing :cry:. You have to go through a tunnel of CMs on the way out and I literally had to walk with my head down so they didn't see me crying. My Mom was trying to calm me down saying we were so lucky we got to see it so many times and so lucky we got to see it once more :joyfull::rolleyes::cry:. This was making me cry harder :D:D. I kept whimpering about the music and how I was worried the new show wouldn't have good music. I literally never cry at anything but saying Goodbye to Wishes was so sad!!! Everyone walking around us probably thought I was insane :) Luckily I calmed myself down by the time we got to the boats but this was the aftermath ...
IMG_3092.jpg

DSC_3434_1.jpg
DSC_3437_1.jpg
DSC_3439_1.jpg

Something that did make me giggle on the boat was when a little girl in front of us on the boat pointed out Space Mountain and the grandma said it was Epcot and it was where they were going tomorrow :banghead::rolleyes::D
After this we checked out some stuff in the gift shop then headed off to bed :)

Next up: Last day :(

Big Hair

Nice view at the desert party. I took the crew to it last February and got the table by the kitchen door. Lol. I was very disappointed especially since I made the reservation as early as they would let me. We also got there early. I didn't really care about the deserts although they were okay.. I was looking for a comfortable, uncrowded, up close view. I am glad you got good seats.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Nice view at the desert party. I took the crew to it last February and got the table by the kitchen door. Lol. I was very disappointed especially since I made the reservation as early as they would let me. We also got there early. I didn't really care about the deserts although they were okay.. I was looking for a comfortable, uncrowded, up close view. I am glad you got good seats.

Oh no really? Did they have assigned tables ? I haven't had assigned tables since Feb 2015...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8
This morning we got up early and sadly packed up our things to check out
I took a random 2 pictures of the room :)
DSC_3443_1.jpg

DSC_3444_1.jpg

After eating breakfast at the Territory Lounge and checking our luggage we headed to the MK via bus!
Our fav.
DSC_3447_1.jpg

DSC_3451_1.jpg
DSC_3452_1.jpg
DSC_3453_1.jpg

We somehow made it in time for the Opening Show...this time there were fireworks :)
I overheard a CM saying that anything that could be happening today...was happening. And she was right! It was the first wedding in the MK, marching bands were all over and the Ant and Dec show was filming!
Anyway, first off we went on Buzz...shocking
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999513535.jpeg

Then we wandered over towards BTMR
DSC_3455_1.jpg
DSC_3457_1.jpg

Everyone fell out behind us ?!?! LOL jk obviously
DSC_3465_1.jpg

Next up: Day 8 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We got to go on BTMR twice actually :)
DSC_3467_1.jpg

We somehow ended up at Aladdin after this
DSC_3468_1.jpg
DSC_3469_1.jpg

DSC_3470_1.jpg

Next up was POTC :)
DSC_3476_1.jpg

We for some reason got squished on with two other girls! (on purpose) Oh well :)
DSC_3482_1.jpg
DSC_3484_1.jpg
DSC_3485_1.jpg

Here is one of said marching bands :)
DSC_3488_1.jpg

Next up was Peter Pan (don't have any pictures) then the Carousel
DSC_3491_1.jpg

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
DSC_3492_1.jpg

We happened to walk by the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger M and G area just as it was starting so we hopped in line :) This line is always long and I can see why..they spend a ton of time with you!!
Tigger was verrry bouncy this morning
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999623905.jpeg

Pooh was pointing out that my Mom had a red shirt on, but she was mad she didn't have her Pooh shirt on :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999625343.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999623906.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999623907.jpeg

This was so great! I was so happy we stopped :)
After this is was Peoplemover time :)
DSC_3500_1.jpg
DSC_3502_1.jpg

We got stuck on this for a few minutes so when we got off it was time for our FP! Only, Space Mountain was down
DSC_3504_1.jpg

I looked on the Touring Plans app and it said it would open at 11:29 and it was correct! Not sure how it knows :) On we went :)
DSC_3507_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999664266.jpeg

So overall this morning we got on 9 rides and one M and G :) Pretty solid morning!!!

Next up: lunch time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Our lunch reservation time was scheduled for later but luckily I was able to move it up. Our final destination was Tony's Town Square :)
DSC_3513_1.jpg
DSC_3514_1.jpg

We were offered a beer and wine list here too...so odd! We did not partake this time :)
Bread to start
DSC_3516_1.jpg

I ordered the Pasta Primavera...wanted to order something I haven't tried before and I was so happy that I did :) Super yummy!
DSC_3519_1.jpg

My Mom ordered the Baked Rigatoni
DSC_3520_1.jpg

She talks about this ALL the time because how good it was :) I tried some but it wasn't my jam :)
We were able to watch the dress rehearsals of Ant and Dec from the window so that was cool :)
We had a bit of time before we had to leave so decided to head to the monorail to head to Epcot once more :)
The express monorail was closed so we headed to the MK monorail
Bye MK :((
DSC_3523_1.jpg

Some guy busted on the monorail in front of us and slide to the other side telling his kids he was smart because "they would be able to get off first at the TTC." :p I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was an opposite side exit for the TTC :)
Epcot monorail!
DSC_3527_1.jpg

First stop in Epcot was The Seas (made a FP on the monorail) :)
DSC_3531_1.jpg

DSC_3534_1.jpg

I was able to snag a Soarin' FP after this but first we headed to Germany so my Mom could get a caramel.

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7999842793.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7999840199.jpeg

We took a very long walk around World Showcase to get my Mom's caramel and back to Soarin' :) I swear we do this to ourselves a lot at the end of trips and its always sem-hot :)
DSC_3538_.jpg

We waited a very long time in Soarin' but was worth it in the end. EVERYONE was super into the ride :)
After this we sadly had to go back to WL and wait for our Tragical Express :(
DSC_3541_1.jpg

DSC_3544_1.jpg

DSC_3549_1.jpg

Sadly our bus finally came so we had to leave Disney :( This time we weren't coming back in 2 weeks :cry::cry::cry:
At the airport my Mom had TSA precheck but I didn't so she waited with me. Either way we were whipped through the line quickly. The TSA guys were loving life and laughing at everyone. We did get sniffed by a dog but did not have to take our shoes off...so that was something :)
We checked out Cask and Larder again and this time I included my food pictures just in case you wanted to see.
I had the C and L cheeseburger
DSC_3563_1.jpg

And my Mom had the Mac and Cheese
DSC_3564_1.jpg

Yum!
Sadly it was time to fly home
DSC_3572_1.jpg

I made my Mom get a drink we me on the way home :)
DSC_3576_1.jpg

The end....:( Goodbye two glorious back to back trips :(

Next up: final thoughts :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Final Summary

Hotels -
We loved BOTH the Polynesian and the WL...but I think the Polynesian just a bit more....probably because of all the construction at WL though :) We will definitely be back to both hotels :)

Restaurants - New for us was Victoria and Alberts (hopeful someday to go back), The Boathouse (not my Mom's favorite...not sure if we will be back), Chef Artsmith's (will definitely be back), Crystal Palace dinner (will not be bad sadly), 50's Prime Time (will be back), Tiffins (100% will be back) and Cinderella's Royal Table (will definitely be back!). Overall my Mom and I decided we are over character meals for a bit so in general will take a break from those :)

Time of year - It was packed!!!!! It was fine with just adults and not caring if we did everything, but I would feel a little differently if I were a first timer or with my nephew. Spring break will do that to you :) NOT going to complain about going two weeks apart...that was awesome!

Best parts - Do I have to chose?! Overall I would probably say the drink challenge we did with Jill was one of my favorite things we have ever done. Loved meeting up with @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 too :) Overall we tried a lot of new things for us and I was super happy with that :)

Next up: Birthdays are coming...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I completely forgot that there was no bus to Epcot and with the new security we would have had to go back through to get on the monorail so we decided to just take the Boardwalk bus and walked over.
When you get off the monorail (or ferry) at the TTC you are already in a "secure" zone. (The security screening at TTC is done where the trams drop off.) So you can leave MK and transfer to the Epcot monorail without being screened again until the entrance to Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom