Banshee ride will it open on time

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It has had issues. But so have most new builds. Those I know who have experienced it have given me mixed feelings. The again, so does RoL.

JIMINYCR

Expected for anything new. Theres going to be a period of breaking the system in and getting it to perform to standards. Disney could run new attractions to test for inconsistencies and problem solving for an extended time before opening and then we would be crying... Why isn't it open!!! So like anything new you deal with initial breakdowns, delays and gremlins in the system for some time. Hopefully by the time my next trip comes around in 356 days... those gremlins will be long gone.
gremlinsyeagle-1.jpg

bethymouse

I guess that's why they're not speaking of it much. The local news is only reporting on the river ride, but doesn't say much about the Banshee ride... not even pictures yet. I really have no idea what's going on, but I am willing to bet that there may be a "delayed" opening for that ride, and way over capacity for the river ride. It remains to be seen.:eek:

saxamoophone

I previewed the land Wednesday.

At first Cms told us the attraction would be closed and we would receive a drink coupon for our trouble.

However, upon entering the land we were surprised to receive a fast pass for the ride.

The ride appeared to only have one theater operating, and they seemed to let it "cool down" thirty minutes between shows.

As an engineer who has worked on rockets aircrafts etc, I can tell you thermal issues are always challenging. I have no insight into the issues specifically, but hopefully everything will be working at 100% soon. This is a very advanced ride system, so I would expect some issues early on.

Bandini

I previewed the land Wednesday.

At first Cms told us the attraction would be closed and we would receive a drink coupon for our trouble.

However, upon entering the land we were surprised to receive a fast pass for the ride.

The ride appeared to only have one theater operating, and they seemed to let it "cool down" thirty minutes between shows.

As an engineer who has worked on rockets aircrafts etc, I can tell you thermal issues are always challenging. I have no insight into the issues specifically, but hopefully everything will be working at 100% soon. This is a very advanced ride system, so I would expect some issues early on.
I hope they can work out the kinks. It must be really frustrating to have a new attraction that overheats and has to cool down between ride cycles. That sounds pretty bad, but for all I know this could be a fairly common problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom