Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

D

Deleted member 107043

Disney Parks Blog has posted this art as a promo. More info is coming soon.

View attachment 204576

That is some truly awful concept art, but if what's depicted can be pulled off effectively in a live show at Disneyland it could end up being awesome. I'm feeling good about where this is headed. It's been a long time since I've been excited about Fantasmic.

Attachments

• fan019840192312fi.jpg
    fan019840192312fi.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 27

brb1006

That is some truly awful concept art, but if what's depicted can be pulled off effectively in a live show at Disneyland it could end up being awesome. I'm feeling good about where this is headed. It's been a long time since I've been excited about Fantasmic.
I like the concept art, but the way Aladdin and Jasmine along with the smoke effects do look off. They could at least used the animated Aladdin and Jasmine.

What are the odds the show will be up and running the week of July 16th? That's when I'm tentatively planning to visit DL for the first time

There's no set date but I've been hearing on various forums that they would like the show up during June but then again there's also speculation that the MSEP was extended in August in case Fantasmic! wasn't ready, so basically, you can't be too sure..

zooey

There's no set date but I've been hearing on various forums that they would like the show up during June but then again there's also speculation that the MSEP was extended in August in case Fantasmic! wasn't ready, so basically, you can't be too sure..
I would think they'd want everything rolling by expo time. I'm hoping to get a dining package around that time if it's up and going, if they even have them

BAChicagoGal

I'm late to this thread, but I am hoping to be able to view Fantasmic sometime during my 5 days at Disneyland starting on Labor Day. The Lantern scene from Tangled always makes me tear up.

I decided to go onto the Fantasmic! part of the Disneyland website, just to see if there were any updates there and I'm not sure if this is new but there's a "promo image" showing what seems to be Sorcerer Mickey battling Maleficent in the finale. Can anyone confirm if this is new or am I over analysing here?
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 03.46.33.png

Old Mouseketeer

Not surprising really. Most of the tech in the show was probably from 1992 when it first opened. It's about time.

Not correct. There have been regular upgrades of all components over the years. Lighting, audio, water screens, projections, lasers, and infrastructure have continually been upgraded to newer technology. Remember, the original light towers were temporary scaffolding and there was exposed cabling along the riverfront! Talk to any Entertainment Tech who works Fan!. Frankly, the biggest original tech still in Fan! is Mark Twain and Columbia.

brb1006

I decided to go onto the Fantasmic! part of the Disneyland website, just to see if there were any updates there and I'm not sure if this is new but there's a "promo image" showing what seems to be Sorcerer Mickey battling Maleficent in the finale. Can anyone confirm if this is new or am I over analysing here?
View attachment 204602
That image has been used for a long time.

Old Mouseketeer

What are the odds the show will be up and running the week of July 16th? That's when I'm tentatively planning to visit DL for the first time

Slim to none. My rebel spies tell me that cast and crew feel they are fighting for August. But I could be wrong. This is not first-hand information from any authoritative source (i.e. management).

VJ

View attachment 204602
That promo photo's been used since the show debuted in 1992, for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Nowhere near new, sadly.

TP2000

View attachment 204602

That image dates back to the Clinton Administration.

Californian Elitist

Get ready for the return of Fantasmic! later this summer with a Passholder-exclusive shirt celebrating the 25th anniversary of this legendary show. Now available at Disneyana and Pieces of Eight (while supplies last). And, yes, AP discounts apply!

18449504_1757397650953770_1364716550142761001_o.jpg

Definitely liking this shirt. Bet I won't be able to get my hands on one though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom