Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

I would like Guardians of the Galaxy instead of Ellen's Energy Adventure it's so Boring! Please Disney make it!
Is it so hard to fathom that there might be another place outside of Epcot and Tower of Terror for that matter for Guardians and that not everything at WDW is going to appeal to everyone. I personally don't care for Country Bear Jamboree. Am I advocating for it's removal, no. It has an audience and I know that. Same with Epcot, I love it and consider it to be one of the greatest shrines to mans achievements. I know many won't care for it but I really don't want it to fundamentally change what it is to appeal t the people who don't care for it. Stitch's Great Escape is probably the most detested Disney Attraction on Earth. Why won't the Guardians fit there?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... If GotG is slipping and has a small chance of not happening. And if Ellen's Energy is definitely going away (because it's time... sorry, Ellen).

Then let me throw out to the powers that be that might be skimming these forums.... Planetarium!

Energy can fit 4 of them (for the sake of throughput of bodies). They are the epitome of edutainment. The amount of Disney IP that can show up projected onto the ceiling along with all the stars is astounding: from Mickey in a spacesuit to Miles to Guardians (sans coaster) to Star Wars. There are plenty of planetarium shows available for purchase. Disney can create their own shows and license them to planetariums world wide (what planetarium with poor attendance wouldn't love to advertise a Star Wars meets real universe show?). Link all four planetariums for symposiums/conventions.

jt04

So... If GotG is slipping and has a small chance of not happening. And if Ellen's Energy is definitely going away (because it's time... sorry, Ellen).

Then let me throw out to the powers that be that might be skimming these forums.... Planetarium!

Energy can fit 4 of them (for the sake of throughput of bodies). They are the epitome of edutainment. The amount of Disney IP that can show up projected onto the ceiling along with all the stars is astounding: from Mickey in a spacesuit to Miles to Guardians (sans coaster) to Star Wars. There are plenty of planetarium shows available for purchase. Disney can create their own shows and license them to planetariums world wide (what planetarium with poor attendance wouldn't love to advertise a Star Wars meets real universe show?). Link all four planetariums for symposiums/conventions.

I wouldn't rule out a planetarium since one just opened in Miami. However if they go with an IP based concept it is more likely to get funding.

WDW needs a planetarium. Perhaps in Disney Springs?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Is it so hard to fathom that there might be another place outside of Epcot and Tower of Terror for that matter for Guardians and that not everything at WDW is going to appeal to everyone. I personally don't care for Country Bear Jamboree. Am I advocating for it's removal, no. It has an audience and I know that. Same with Epcot, I love it and consider it to be one of the greatest shrines to mans achievements. I know many won't care for it but I really don't want it to fundamentally change what it is to appeal t the people who don't care for it. Stitch's Great Escape is probably the most detested Disney Attraction on Earth. Why won't the Guardians fit there?
Cause Groot is too tall to fit the attraction ,

bcoachable

Marni-
Would the powers that be just scrap the ride system for Energy? I remember hearing how cutting edge the ride vehicles are, being such heavy cars that are pulled along by a thin cable... I keep thinking that this would make a better choice for overlay than most just because the ride vehicle is so unique ( and was expensive to develop in the first place)

tribbleorlfl

Well, if anyone was wondering how they could tie GotG into Energy, I think Vol 2 solved that "problem." The film features a side plot where Rocket steals a bunch of rare, expensive, highly-powerful batteries from a snobbish race called the Sovereign. They spend most of the movie hunting down the Guardians for this offense.

I could invision a storyline where the Sovereign come to Earth to steal a vital power source as personal payback to Star Lord. Intersperse scenes of the Sovereign examining different sources of energy for the right one to steal ("What about fossil fuels?" "No, they would poison our atmosphere". "Solar?" "It's clean, but our planet is too cloudy for it to provide all of our energy needs." "Nuclear fusion?" "It has the potential, but earthling's technology is too untested to risk our planet.") with the Guardians trying to stop them.

I dunno, I could actually see a somewhat cohesive theme and story for an attraction there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni-
Would the powers that be just scrap the ride system for Energy? I remember hearing how cutting edge the ride vehicles are, being such heavy cars that are pulled along by a thin cable... I keep thinking that this would make a better choice for overlay than most just because the ride vehicle is so unique ( and was expensive to develop in the first place)
They're not pulled by a cable, they're autonomous. Originally a buried cable acted as an electronic path for them to follow.

And yes, the plan is to scrap them sadly. Once his and GMR have gone the travelling theatre concept will be extinct.

jt04

They're not pulled by a cable, they're autonomous. Originally a buried cable acted as an electronic path for them to follow.

And yes, the plan is to scrap them sadly. Once his and GMR have gone the travelling theatre concept will be extinct.

What system are they considering for Mickeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom