Volcano Bay

*Q*

Wonder what a "volcano view" is going to do to the price of those rooms?
Taking a quick glance at the Universal website, on June 14th, a Standard Room is $158, a Poolside Room is $170, and a Pool/Volcano Side Room (which should be a room in one of the new towers) is $178. If I'm interpreting this correctly, though, it doesn't look like there is any way to guarantee a Volcano Bay view. Which seems like a rather bizarre way to operate.

Bairstow

Taking a quick glance at the Universal website, on June 14th, a Standard Room is $158, a Poolside Room is $170, and a Pool/Volcano Side Room (which should be a room in one of the new towers) is $178. If I'm interpreting this correctly, though, it doesn't look like there is any way to guarantee a Volcano Bay view. Which seems like a rather bizarre way to operate.

Perhaps they haven't gotten around to re-classifying all the rooms since construction was completed.

JoeCamel

They really don't put much of a premium on what view you have. In the towers and the courtyard it is $10 to be on the inside. I see similar pricing for the VB towers and most of the time if you ask at check in they will accommodate your request if they can. I think it is the difference of having a professional company like Lowes running the property over an in house crew who put dollars over guest experience.

mergatroid

Is the 'open' side of the volcano going to be covered over before it opens or is it designed to be able to see the different slides in it? A slightly strange theming choice if it's going to be left like that though the park does look fun :cool:

JoeCamel

Is the 'open' side of the volcano going to be covered over before it opens or is it designed to be able to see the different slides in it? A slightly strange theming choice if it's going to be left like that though the park does look fun :cool:
Nope, the slides are lava flows out the blown out side. Remains as is.

*Q*

So I will probably be a bit of a Debbie downer here and I'm sure this will look better in real life.
The art work put out by Universal is FAR SUPERIOR than the finished product.

Sorry but this looks a bit underwhelming vs. the marketing videos/art work and the video with the the cars driving by in the back ground don't help. Also, the opening of the volcano on the back seems to me would of been better served to close it.

I'm scheduled to do a Universal trip on the 20th and will be able to give a real assessment then but as of now this looks like a water park with a volcano that was done on the budget and for a park center piece it shouldn't have.
Kind of reminds me of that volcano rollercoaster in Kings Dominion a few years ago. Not bad but nothing great either.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
34538475335_4bf73315e2_c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom