Rumor: Adventureland Volcano

jtudor

Original Poster
From Screamscape: Volcano Mountain / Moana Attraction - (4/28/17) "...there is some buzz going about claiming that the Magic Kingdom may be looking into building a new mountain attraction, volcano themed to be exact, in Adventureland near the front of the park."

Sounds interesting but not likely. He also writes about the 2000 plans with Vekoma.

seascape

Nobody knows or cares about anything at water parks.
Which is why BB and TL will out draw VB. VB may be the best water park in Orlando but it is not as easy to get to since parking is so far away. It is actually built for those staying on property and given how nice the resort pools are I don't think I would pay extra to go. I already have a nice water park near me for most of the year and the DVC pools are all I really need but we do go to either BB or TL one day a year.

larandtra

Eventually there has to be something to balance the park out. With the impending rehab of TL it creates a very big imbalance in the park. Heavy back left, back middle, back right, while adventureland somewhat languishes. While the idea screamscape is reporting is most likely very inaccurate, I still think they are going to eventually balance the park and something is going into adventureland. And I dont think it will be a people eater mid level attraction. I think it will be something significant.

Bocabear

Eventually there has to be something to balance the park out. With the impending rehab of TL it creates a very big imbalance in the park. Heavy back left, back middle, back right, while adventureland somewhat languishes. While the idea screamscape is reporting is most likely very inaccurate, I still think they are going to eventually balance the park and something is going into adventureland. And I dont think it will be a people eater mid level attraction. I think it will be something significant.
In that case Tomorrowland will really need to add attractions, because the majority of the park attractions are all on the other side. Tomorrowland takes up the space that Frontioerland and Adventureland inhabit on the other side...

CJR

I think this is a bit too big right now. I know insiders have mentioned stuff happening, but I think this particular one would take too much focus away from the other parks. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, but MK doesn't need this as much as other parks need things like this. The TL revamp alone will be enough to distract guests from DAK or Epcot IMO (can't say DHS because SW is pretty big, IMO).

Creathir

Which is why BB and TL will out draw VB. VB may be the best water park in Orlando but it is not as easy to get to since parking is so far away. It is actually built for those staying on property and given how nice the resort pools are I don't think I would pay extra to go. I already have a nice water park near me for most of the year and the DVC pools are all I really need but we do go to either BB or TL one day a year.

Agreed.

I live down the road from the original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX, consistently rated the best water park in the world.

Why would I even think of going to Disney or Uni and wasting time at a water park?

For us, it just makes no sense.

I'm sure there are others, especially in more frigid climates, whom find it enjoyable, but I know I'm not one of them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It seems to me that this rumor is from off the WDWMagic forums and none of our trusted insiders have confirmed it or said it was a possibility.

larandtra

In that case Tomorrowland will really need to add attractions, because the majority of the park attractions are all on the other side. Tomorrowland takes up the space that Frontioerland and Adventureland inhabit on the other side...

I think the reimagine of TL will add 3-4 people eater attractions. If I were to guess I would think 1 D level and 2-3 B or C which would help balance things significantly as far as number of attractions. The issue I see is the huge draw attraction closer to the front in Adventureland. Sure, FL has BTMRR and splash, but, adventureland could use a big draw. And I think with all the "plans" they are mulling for TL, it makes business sense to balance the park. I dont think the new additions at AK, Epcot, or Studios will have much impact on the plans they create for MK. It still is the center piece of WDW and if they balance MK and add to the other parks, it should help disperse crowds better. But, again, its going to be balancing park needs with $

Goob

Agreed.

I live down the road from the original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX, consistently rated the best water park in the world.

Why would I even think of going to Disney or Uni and wasting time at a water park?

For us, it just makes no sense.

I'm sure there are others, especially in more frigid climates, whom find it enjoyable, but I know I'm not one of them.
Is that where Veruckt was/is? Is it still standing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom