Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Sneezy62

ABSOLUTELY! a new show, updated new effects, updated audio... they could make it a lot of fun...bring the magic back!

I would NOT want a new show based on a movie or even a short but when you say bring the magic back I immediately thought of "Lava". Disney ( Pixar) can produce pure indelible magic when they want to. Why not in WDW?

The Duck

ABSOLUTELY! a new show, updated new effects, updated audio... they could make it a lot of fun...bring the magic back!
If anything, they could drop, "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing and replace it with with something more tropical like "Pearly Shells" or "Banana Boat Song". The theme song has a Calypso beat. The Hawaiian War Chant is......... Hawaiian. Why not something along these lines instead of a ditty from the 30's that has nothing to do with the Tiki theme.

rushtest4echo

They could totally breathe life back into Tiki Room with a few small changes:
1280px-TikiRoom.JPG

Enchanted%20Tiki%20Room%2015.jpg

dsc06875.jpg

I say we do them a favor and burn it to the ground for them if anything resembling the above shows ends up happening. ;)

Bocabear

If anything, they could drop, "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing and replace it with with something more tropical like "Pearly Shells" or "Banana Boat Song". The theme song has a Calypso beat. The Hawaiian War Chant is......... Hawaiian. Why not something along these lines instead of a ditty from the 30's that has nothing to do with the Tiki theme.
Wait, the Hawaiian War Chant has nothing to do with the Tiki theme? lol It was a big band hit during the rise of tiki after the war...Still popular in the 50s and 60s... It was the perfect song to bring in and add some tension...otherwise the entire shouw would just be singalong. Also the theming was set more in the South Pacific, not the Caribbean.. I would agree about adding songs like pearly shells, Tiny Bubbles, or maybe the Banana boat song...but not at the cost of the Hawaiian War Chant...

The Duck

Wait, the Hawaiian War Chant has nothing to do with the Tiki theme? lol It was a big band hit during the rise of tiki after the war...Still popular in the 50s and 60s... It was the perfect song to bring in and add some tension...otherwise the entire shouw would just be singalong. Also the theming was set more in the South Pacific, not the Caribbean.. I would agree about adding songs like pearly shells, Tiny Bubbles, or maybe the Banana boat song...but not at the cost of the Hawaiian War Chant...
I was talking about "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" as a ditty from the 30's that could be replaced. I LOVE the Hawaiian War Chant!

The Duck

I like that song....:cautious:
I like it too but I've also seen people rolling their eyes and even walking out during it. I was just thinking that maybe something a little more "Tropical" might breathe new life into the show and possibly even save it from closing.

Casper Gutman

...wait, what?
You had beef with a puppet show because it had puppets in it?

My beef with it was that it wasn't very good - it was the equivalent of Little Mermaid at MGM, another disappointing attraction that opened in roughly the same period. It was better then Magic Journeys, but only a bit.

I'm happy that, thanks to the Muppets, MK now has a good puppet show. Come to think of it, the Liberty Square Muppet Show may be the best addition to MK since Splash Mountain - which is a bit sad.

Bairstow

My beef with it was that it wasn't very good - it was the equivalent of Little Mermaid at MGM, another disappointing attraction that opened in roughly the same period. It was better then Magic Journeys, but only a bit.

I'm happy that, thanks to the Muppets, MK now has a good puppet show. Come to think of it, the Liberty Square Muppet Show may be the best addition to MK since Splash Mountain - which is a bit sad.

That's really high praise if you're putting the Muppet Show above Alien Encounter, the Timekeeper, Laugh Floor, Dwarves, and Space Ranger Spin.

Also, I'll just leave this here.

Casper Gutman

That's really high praise if you're putting the Muppet Show above Alien Encounter, the Timekeeper, Laugh Floor, Dwarves, and Space Ranger Spin.

Also, I'll just leave this here.

Except for Dwarves and Buzz, it's not really close. And unlike Dwarves, Muppets is just a pure, neat addition that doesn't bear the gashes and compromises of rampant cost cutting. I loved Timekeeper, but its long gone now.

Ok, I'll modify: it's the best addition since Buzz - which is still nearly two decades.

RSoxNo1

With regard to the Nemo puppets, you sure you're not just picking up on the facial cues of their puppeteers? I mean, that's kind of the point of maskless bunkraku.
Nah, they have expressive eyes, but either way the puppeteers also help. Having said that I'm not a huge fan of the Nemo show either. I actually like Mermaid the best of the puppet shows.

matt9112

You won't see unique items in today's market because of smart phones. Before the age of computers, it was difficult to track and locate retail sales items. Buyers often had to purchase items (at high price levels) for fear that they would not be able to find that same item again. Those days are long gone. I can stand in a Disney store and look up the Universal Product Code (UPC), Stock Keeping Unit (SKU), International Article Number (EAN) and/or the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) instantly on my smart phone. I can find the lowest price for said item and purchase it on my phone and have it shipped to my home. Before I arrive home from my vacation that item will have been delivered. Why would I buy anything other than clothes to suit the weather? Thanks Steve Jobs.

Could still do exclusive merch....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom