Jimmy Fallon Ride

DisneyPrincess5

I think it would be fine in a park not already full of extremely similar attractions.
DH and I talk about this all the time. He has issues with screen rides (dizziness, disorientation, nausea) so he has learned its best for him to stay away from them. There's obviously so much for him to still ride, but because there are so many screen rides, it does limit him. Not to mention it's kind of boring to have multiple similar rides. I guess there's only so many types of rides to create but it'd be nice to see some other types of attractions.

rushtest4echo

I think it would be fine in a park not already full of extremely similar attractions.

Imagine if a Disney park had Universal's attraction lineup, all in one park:

Tower of Terror
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Iron Man Experience
Body Wars
Stormrider
Turtle Talk
Stitch Encounter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Captain EO
Magic Journeys
Mickey's Philharmagic
It's Tough to be a Bug
Honey, I Shunk the Audience
Soarin'
Toy Stoy Mania
Buzz Lightyer's Astro Blasters

They could call it Disney's Screen Kingdom
:p:p:p:p:p

JT3000

Imagine if a Disney park had Universal's attraction lineup, all in one park:

Tower of Terror
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Iron Man Experience
Body Wars
Stormrider
Turtle Talk
Stitch Encounter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Captain EO
Magic Journeys
Mickey's Philharmagic
It's Tough to be a Bug
Honey, I Shunk the Audience
Soarin'
Toy Stoy Mania
Buzz Lightyer's Astro Blasters

They could call it Disney's Screen Kingdom
:p:p:p:p:p

Except about a quarter of those use the exact same ride system, the overall attraction quality wouldn't be up to par with Universal's, and unless that's a castle park, you'll need to cut the list in half.

disneygeek90

I rode it for the first time last night, at about 7 pm. The sign showed a 20 min wait, I was on the ride within 5 mins. Closing time for the park was 8, and I was handed a purple “pass” and then they informed me I can go directly upstairs. The purple lights were already flashing, calling all passes of that color, and only about half of the ride theater was filled. I actually would have liked a few extra minutes to look around longer at the waiting room.

The ride was cute, the technology of the screen was good, and I liked that even Jimmy himself didn’t take the ride too seriously. Though, there was nothing very different or special about it to me. It was pretty much on par with a Star Tours through NY, imo. I rode it directly after the Rock It coaster, so I honestly felt a little queasy after riding the two back to back (but I think it was mostly due to the coaster).

Overall, I liked it, but I’m not sure it’s one I will be rushing back to in my next few visits.

ExtinctJenn

We just returned from our trip so I thought I'd share my thoughts...
First of all, the virtual queue system creates a huge amount of confusion and thus an overall cluster (you know what) on busy days. There was no explanation as people were handed their colored passes and, because folks don't read them, lines formed in the bottom queue area (before the stairs to head up) instead of folks wandering around, looking at everything meant to kill the time.

We were handed purple passes as we entered. Masses of people were being ushered up the stairs but the light was not purple so, we wandered a bit. The light changed again, but not to purple, so we continued to stand around. Then we overheard the guy manning the stairs yelling what colors should be upstairs vs. what should be wandering (and not forming a line). Guess what color he said should be upstairs? That's right! Purple. *sigh*

We headed up the stairs where we again found that essentially people were just forming a bunch of huge lines. Some thought they were standing to enter the "studio" (ride entrance) while others thought they had to move through some sort of invisible queue, up toward the stage and back around again. Knowing at this point we were waiting for our color to enter the studio, we sat down and let our son play around on one of the massive tablet tables while we waited. This was a ton of fun. While he knew who Fallon was, he hasn't seen much of what he does on the show and ended up watching the clips on the tables more than anything else. He found the games a little too difficult to keep up with.

Once the light turned purple, we attempted to make our way into the studio. Of course there were masses of people, still believing they were waiting in some sort of line, that were essentially refusing to let us pass, thinking in some way we were trying to cut ahead of them. Eventually, by creating a single file string of our bodies, and holding our passes up high so the cast members could see them, we made it into the studio line.

Once seated on the ride, our row had to have its seat belt locks locked and unlocked an additional 4 times as they tried to get some folks comfortable/buckled. I couldn't help but wonder if these folks had ever used a seat belt before... but I digress.

As far as the ride is concerned, I thought it was really well done. It was a lot of fun and, as a fan of the show, it had me smiling the entire time. Now, I should note that we visited this attraction after riding Minions, but before we had done any other simulator in either Universal property. So, at the time, I was really impressed. I said multiple times that it was done so well and really made Disney's sims seem less up to par. It wasn't until later that day, when we rode Transformers, that I realized that really the Fallon attraction is a sad cheap little simulator too. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I did absolutely love it. But once you experience some of the other amazing things that Universal has accomplished when it comes to simulators, you realize that they could've really done so much more than simply a bouncing/moving set of theater seats. I get that the concept was that you were entering the theater and a part of the audience though, so it definitely worked. It's just that it is far from some of what has been accomplished elsewhere on property.

In summary: The virtual queue system is confusing and creates huge messes of people everywhere that have no idea what's going on or where to go. The entertainment, artifacts and things to see/do in the waiting areas are really great if you let yourself enjoy them. The ride is a lot of fun, probably more so for those that are fans of the show, but it is certainly not on par with some of the other simulators found on property.

No Name

It seems like they need to do a better job of explaining the queueing system.

I think virtual queueing is a neat idea, so long as people understand it. Disney does it successfully with Dumbo, so clearly, it can work. Universal just needs to change/improve how they explain it.

opshannon

I want to echo the queueing system failure. I've ridden it three times. The first two times it was in soft opening and the queue system was perfect. Rode it a few weeks ago now that it's in full operation. There was a line to get into the big lobby (along the NBC logo hall). Then once in the lobby, there was chaos. No one had any idea what they were supposed to do. Had I not ridden it before, I wouldn't have either. They've got a real challenge on their hands to get this thing working properly. One of the big features, no line, was leading people to complain and want to leave because they couldn't figure out "the line."

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I want to echo the queueing system failure. I've ridden it three times. The first two times it was in soft opening and the queue system was perfect. Rode it a few weeks ago now that it's in full operation. There was a line to get into the big lobby (along the NBC logo hall). Then once in the lobby, there was chaos. No one had any idea what they were supposed to do. Had I not ridden it before, I wouldn't have either. They've got a real challenge on their hands to get this thing working properly. One of the big features, no line, was leading people to complain and want to leave because they couldn't figure out "the line."

I agree with this completely, I don't know what they were thinking. If you want people to act with herd mentality and trample everyone on the way to the ride who's in front of them this is how you do it.

Tom Morrow

I've only ridden the ride twice, but the big issue to me seems to be that too many people are allowed to go upstairs at once - outright ignoring the colors on the lower floor, leaving the upper floor packed and confusing and the lower floor mostly empty. I get why they do this, they want to ensure enough people are upstairs to fill all the seats. But there must be a better way to do it. Maybe instead of just playing the NBC jingle when the lights change color, add in an announcement saying that color should proceed forward.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I mean the no line waiting room that is confusing people by the lack of a defined line. .

I think the problem is more with how many people they're packing into the room. Both times we've gone it was pretty organized downstairs and chaos upstairs. People with the right color always seemed to be the furthest away from the entrance to the ride and had to push their way through a crowd of people with other colors to get to it. In the process other people with the right color are doing the same thing until they get to the entrance chokepoint.

They'll find their groove eventually, may have even found it by now as I haven't been on it in a few weeks.

JoeCamel

I think the problem is more with how many people they're packing into the room. Both times we've gone it was pretty organized downstairs and chaos upstairs. People with the right color always seemed to be the furthest away from the entrance to the ride and had to push their way through a crowd of people with other colors to get to it. In the process other people with the right color are doing the same thing until they get to the entrance chokepoint.

They'll find their groove eventually, may have even found it by now as I haven't been on it in a few weeks.
Went twice Monday and it was controlled. Still a mob but didn't impact seeing the entertainment or the artifacts. Went up after browsing the lobby and pawed with #hashtag then second time watched the Ragtime Girls do their set. Was a crowd but not jammed. Rode without seatbelt issues and with both theaters working it was 20 minutes and done. Nothing spectacular here but it was a better use of the space than Twister ever was. This will eat the crowds for years to come and sell tons of merch. What more can you ask for?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Went twice Monday and it was controlled. Still a mob but didn't impact seeing the entertainment or the artifacts. Went up after browsing the lobby and pawed with #hashtag then second time watched the Ragtime Girls do their set. Was a crowd but not jammed. Rode without seatbelt issues and with both theaters working it was 20 minutes and done. Nothing spectacular here but it was a better use of the space than Twister ever was. This will eat the crowds for years to come and sell tons of merch. What more can you ask for?

Cool, I'm on board with anything that keeps the crowds away from the good rides! :hilarious: just kidding

The best part about Twister was the control room tour, seeing the old Ghost Busters props, putting your name on the wall, then being the first in the theater to watch it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom