Guests at Pools

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
I realize this is a sensitive subject...hoping I don't upset anyone!

We go to Disney in one week! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge the first half of the trip and Caribbean Beach the 2nd. The pools were a major factor in our choices and I have pool afternoons planned at both.

Now for my questions:

1. My parents are coming with us and camping at Fort Wilderness. Any chance they can come swim with us?

2. This is the more unlikely one. One of my best friends lives about 10 minutes from Disney. Seeing her is a priority during this trip--what is the likelihood she and her family would be allowed to swim with us? Since we are staying on site and not renting a car, getting to her is going to be difficult.

I wont be trying to sneak anyone in and I'm hoping the first week of May is a slow enough time that the pools wont be overcrowded. Who do I even ask to see if this is a possibility?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I realize this is a sensitive subject...hoping I don't upset anyone!

We go to Disney in one week! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge the first half of the trip and Caribbean Beach the 2nd. The pools were a major factor in our choices and I have pool afternoons planned at both.

Now for my questions:

1. My parents are coming with us and camping at Fort Wilderness. Any chance they can come swim with us?

2. This is the more unlikely one. One of my best friends lives about 10 minutes from Disney. Seeing her is a priority during this trip--what is the likelihood she and her family would be allowed to swim with us? Since we are staying on site and not renting a car, getting to her is going to be difficult.

I wont be trying to sneak anyone in and I'm hoping the first week of May is a slow enough time that the pools wont be overcrowded. Who do I even ask to see if this is a possibility?

I don't know why that would be a problem, since they're guests of resort guests.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't know why that would be a problem, since they're guests of resort guests.
No.

This should be fine.
No.

We had friends visit us when we were at the GF. They were disney guests as well and they joined us. One of the nicest afternoon's ever.
No.

wilderness-lodge-pool-20151.JPG

"This pool area is for the exclusive use of Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Guests."

Case closed.

nickys

Premium Member
You could probably do it. But they are clamping down on this. The pool at WL is gated, and at Christmas we had our bands scanned at both Bay Lake and Kidani, even after scanning them to get into the pool areas.

The official answer is no. I guess it depends on whether you are prepared to risk the embarrassment. However if you would rather ask, then go for it and see what they say. They might be fine with it. The trouble is there really aren't low times anymore, and with WL being in the deluxe and DVC category, it is more likely to police it.

LeighM

A couple of years ago, a cousin of my husband's came to visit us at Riverside. We asked if it was okay if he could use the swimming pool with us while he was there (just a few hours) and the CM told me it would be best to use one of the quiet pools. Of course, plans got changed and we weren't able to use the pool but the CM we asked didn't make a big stink over it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A couple of years ago, a cousin of my husband's came to visit us at Riverside. We asked if it was okay if he could use the swimming pool with us while he was there (just a few hours) and the CM told me it would be best to use one of the quiet pools. Of course, plans got changed and we weren't able to use the pool but the CM we asked didn't make a big stink over it.
"This pool area is for the exclusive use of Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Guests."

LeighM

Yes I'm able to read English quite well thank you. I just don't see the need for everything to be black or white. If it was okay with the castmember I spoke with, then no need for you to get so upset lol. Plus, I was speaking of a quiet pool at a moderate not a busy pool at a deluxe.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yes I'm able to read English quite well thank you. I just don't see the need for everything to be black or white. If it was okay with the castmember I spoke with, then no need for you to get so upset lol.
It doesn't NEED to be black and white, but it IS black and white.

Plus, I was speaking of a quiet pool at a moderate not a busy pool at a deluxe.
Irrelevant. That argument is no different than saying "I only stole a small plush, not an entire LEGO set."

Let's go one step further, to a lowly VALUE resort (gasp!)

IMG_7402.jpg

"This pool area is for the exclusive use of Disney's All Star Resort Guests."

It doesn't say and not their guests.
Yes. Yes it does. That's what "exclusive" means.

That means "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Guests and nobody else."

If the hotel management / cast say it's OK, it's OK.
This may come as a shock, but many (most?) front-line cast member don't know what they're talking about. They also break loads of rules themselves. If a cast member says "it's okay to steal a t-shirt," that doesn't make it okay to steal a t-shirt.

LeighM

You really seem to be obsessed with this issue. When I'm a guest at a resort, I ask for the staff's approval and not your own. So if they give me the go ahead then I'll listen to them since they're the one working the area. I won't be coming online to ask the almighty Captain America for his permission LOL.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

That means "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Guests and nobody else."

No, that means exclusive use by guests of Wilderness Lodge and not by guests of any other resort. The rule is there to prevent pool hopping, not necessarily to prevent someone's buddy or mom from Orlando from joining a Wilderness Lodge Resort guest at the pool.

This may come as a shock, but many (most?) front-line cast member don't know what they're talking about. They also break loads of rules themselves. If a cast member says "it's okay to steal a t-shirt," that doesn't make it okay to steal a t-shirt.

A guest of a resort guest using the pool in no way equates to stealing a t-shirt or stealing anything for that matter. That may be the largest amount of nonsense you've ever posted.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A guest of a resort guest using the pool in no way equates to stealing a t-shirt or stealing anything for that matter. That may be the most nonsense thing you've ever posted.
It's EXACTLY the same thing. I'm sorry if it offends your entitled, spoiled mentality, but this idea that resort amenities are free to the public is complete garbage. Part of what you're paying for when you spend $X for a resort hotel is access to that resort's amenities. People who DON'T pay for that service don't get access to it, plain and simple. If you don't like the analogy of stealing a t-shirt because you can't wrap your head around the fact that a service and a product are fundamentally no different, consider the example of taking a cab ride and then running away without paying. Or sneaking through the gates of the Magic Kingdom without a ticket.

No, that means exclusive use by guests of Wilderness Lodge and not by guests of any other resort. The rule is there to prevent pool hopping, not necessarily to prevent someone's buddy or mom from Orlando from joining a Wilderness Lodge Resort guest at the pool.
You're embarrassing yourself.

LeighM

Just curious - do you have a problem with a friend playing tennis with a guest at one of the resorts that have a court? Or maybe playing in an arcade with a guest? Or do you just get this upset over swimming pools?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom