News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
And the CSR tower was stated by Disney to be business-class rooms.
I didn't see that, but it makes sense. That likely means that some convention-goers at at CSR (enough for Disney to pay attention) would rather have rooms with indoor corridors, connected to the convention space so that going outside is unnecessary. That makes sense. Many convention and conference types probably couldn't care less that they are at WDW and would rather just have the convenience that most convention hotels offer. I agree -- that does not need to be "deluxe". Most convention-goers just want clean, comfortable and convenient.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All its states is that the OS got some permits from Reedy Creek..

A Reedy Creek official refused to confirm what it was

In my eyes that's not confirming anything. All they have done is what the good members on here have done and put 2 and 2 together to come up with 'A Gondola System'.

It will only be confirmed when Disney gives out an official press release...
It's a Gondola system. Quote me on that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

In my eyes that's not confirming anything. All they have done is what the good members on here have done and put 2 and 2 together to come up with 'A Gondola System'.

Kind of like Disney never confirmed BLT was being built until sales started? :rolleyes: What is it with people not reading and comprehending? :banghead:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sorry to veer toward the CBR discussion, but can we attribute the disappearance of moderate hotels a bit to the general decline of the American middle class?

The wealth gap has never been larger since WDW came to be. In the late 80's/early 90's Disney tried to lure the middle class. In the late 90's/early 2000's they went all value. For the last 10 years it's been a DVC/premium binge aside from Art of Animation. Maybe they've come to the realization that they need to offer more value and more premium rooms, and fewer moderate ones because the demand isn't there? Why would Disney continue to aim for the middle of the wealth spectrum when that's the one rapidly disappearing?

Can't really argue with any of what you posted. They are basically going where the money is. They've shifted from being a vacation destination for anyone to one for the well-heeled and those with large credit limits desperate to give their kids a "once-in-a-lifetime" vacation. :(

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You are right that the OS article didn't print the proof.

However, if you think the gondola lift system is iffy... some of our insiders have seen designs for the gondola stations. Prep work has begun at one of the the six station sites. It's happening.

G00fyDad

However, if you think the gondola lift system is iffy... some of our insiders have seen designs for the gondola stations. Prep work has begun at one of the the six station sites. It's happening.

Makes me wonder if some people will continue to doubt this even while riding the actual system just because Disney never made an announcement...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Makes me wonder if some people will continue to doubt this even while riding the actual system just because Disney never made an announcement...

76086888.jpg

Kman101

Then why come here for news?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

The article says that they have seen proof. We can talk all we want about fake news, but it's highly unlikely the OS would blatantly lie about something like this and equally as unlikely that they would have been fed false documents.

Robbiem

Can't really argue with any of what you posted. They are basically going where the money is. They've shifted from being a vacation destination for anyone to one for the well-heeled and those with large credit limits desperate to give their kids a "once-in-a-lifetime" vacation. :(

This is true but makes me sad. I remember many happy vacations which my family wouldn't be able to afford at today's prices, I wonder how many children today have missed out because of rising prices and bottom lines, so sad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom