Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

jt04

Anyone know if Disney offers rates for more than 7 days? Or are you stuck paying per day beyond the 7?

-Kevin

7 is the max. A 30 day booklet/punch card option for APs would be a nice option if offered. You listening guest relations?

LongLiveTheKing

Feels like Disney is stacking the deck on this one. I'm at Hollywood studios and they put the MK bus stop all the way out in the charter bus lot. Far far away, no shade.

In prior trips I've never even been to where this pickup spot was
This is the new location of the standard bus stop or express stop? If it's moving the old one then that's blatantly and artificially increasing demand for the paid service

Creathir

Feels like Disney is stacking the deck on this one. I'm at Hollywood studios and they put the MK bus stop all the way out in the charter bus lot. Far far away, no shade.

In prior trips I've never even been to where this pickup spot was

When we went in Dec of 2015, that's where it was.
It has not moved.

Coincidently, it's right next to where the new Gondola station is going...

Kman101

I considered trying it but never really felt I needed it as I could just hop in my car. Next little trip I might. It's not the worst idea they've come up with.

dddisney

Just got back from WDW. In my opinion, the express transportation was very worthwhile for park hopping. Knowing the bus schedule, and the in park drop off points, makes hopping from one park to another very easy. We purchased the 7 day option.

Bolt

Just got back from WDW. In my opinion, the express transportation was very worthwhile for park hopping. Knowing the bus schedule, and the in park drop off points, makes hopping from one park to another very easy. We purchased the 7 day option.
How full were the buses?

dddisney

The busses were not very crowded. I don't think that there were more than 20 people on any of the buses, and there were 6 people in my group. On a number of times, there were probably just around 10 people or so.

Bolt

The busses were not very crowded. I don't think that there were more than 20 people on any of the buses, and there were 6 people in my group. On a number of times, there were probably just around 10 people or so.
That's more than I actually thought. Thank you.

Funmeister

We did it week before last. Will do it again. Many times we were the only ones on the bus and one of the biggest benefits is no waiting in security check lines at each park. Was skeptical at first, but it is worth it.

Disneyfamily4

We just got back from Disney and I also purchased the transportation. I wish I didn't.

We only used it twice. A lot of the time, when we left a park, instead of going straight to another park to park hop, we would go back to the resort, hitting up the other park in the evening, which wasn't the plan when we first bought it. The first time we used it, it was convenient. got from MK, to Epcot, faster than if we monorailed it, due to being Easter week

But, as I said, starting the day at MK in the morning, then being about 90 degrees by 2pm, plans change quickly, as we headed to the resort to swim and cool off, instead of totally exhausting ourselves and our kids.

So in the end, here is my conclusion; If you park hop straight from park to park, the transportation is quicker and 100% worth it during the peak season. Easter break is busy and nobody wants to stand through security check and ticket lines twice in a day.

If you park hop, but go to the resort in between, like we did, obviously it is not worth it. If you feel your plans could change as ours did, again, probably not worth the purchase.

However, If you are going to Disney and the park is not crowded, I would have to say this is definitely not worth it. Friends of ours didn't purchase it, as they were there just for a couple days visiting us. The 2nd time we park hopped, we went from Epcot, to Hollywood. Our friends took the Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin boat from Epcot, to Hollywood to meet us at guest relations. We Literally waited for them for 5 minutes, and this was during busy peak season, plus, they had 3 stops on the way. When we got to the transportation, we had to wait 20 minutes for it. So if it only saved us 5 minutes during peak season, I think during the less crowded months, purchasing this would be a great waste of money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom