Thor: Ragnarok

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvels-thor-ragnarok-will-be-a-road-movie-hulk-st/1100-6434017/

While it seems unlikely that we'll see a standalone Hulk movie any time soon, the green-skinned Avenger is set to play a major role in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. Hulk star Mark Ruffalo has been speaking about what fans can expect from his team-up with the Norse god.

In an interview with Empire, Ruffalo revealed a surprising influence on the tone of the third Thor movie. "There's a little bit of Midnight Run, with [Charles] Grodin and [Robert] De Niro," he said, referring to the classic 1988 comedy. "I feel like that's kind of where we're heading with this relationship between Thor and Banner.

"It is a universal road movie--that's where we're heading. It's not where you'd think it will be, so it's not your classic road movie but it has that structure, I think."

Ruffalo's comments about the comedic aspects of the movie fit with the choice of director for the project. In October, it was reported by BDM that New Zealand director Taika Waititi had signed on to helm the movie. Waititi's previous films are the acclaimed comedies What We Do in the Shadows and Eagle Vs Shark, and he was chosen by Marvel executives to reportedly "balance out the grimness" of the Ragnarok script.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Today is Thor day it would seem - They really should have done these announcements yesterday ;)

573f502b0fd8c.jpg

Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

Rounding out the cast for the film is three-time Oscar®-nominee Mark Ruffalo (“Spotlight,” “The Kids Are All Right,” “Foxcatcher”), reprising his role of Bruce Banner/the Hulk from “Marvel’s The Avengers” and Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“The continuation of the epic Thor franchise will be powerful and unique, and with the additions of Cate, Jeff, Tessa, Karl, and Mark to the cast we have the makings of his most dangerous and heroic adventure yet,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “The sheer, raw talent each of these actors brings to the screen can’t be quantified. Having any one of them join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be an honor, and having all of them is incredible."

Thor’s new cast members join returning stars Chris Hemsworth (“Rush,” “In the Heart of the Sea,” “Ghostbusters”) in the title role for the fifth time; Tom Hiddleston (“Crimson Peak,” “The Night Manager,” “Kong: Skull Island”) as Thor’s adversarial, adopted brother, Loki; Golden Globe® and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Idris Elba (“The Dark Tower,” “Luther,” “Beasts of No Nation”) as the Asgardian sentry, Heimdall; and Academy Award®-winner Sir Anthony Hopkins (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Nixon,” “Hitchcock”) again portraying Odin, Ruler of Asgard.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203...ighly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok#ixzz49EQ3arIR

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Natalie Portman says that she is done with the MCU
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/thor-actress-natalie-portman-says-182600351.html

Natalie Portman is officially done with the Marvel universe.

The Thor actress says she's ready to focus on other projects, like her big-screen adaptation of Amos Oz's book, A Tale of Love and Darkness, in which she makes her directorial debut.

"I would love to [continue directing]. It was a really an amazing and unique experience," she told The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday. "But, I'm in the early stages, it feels like I need to get this one out into the world first before focusing on another."

Portman, who played Jane Foster, an astrophysicist and love interest, opposite Chris Hemsworth in two Thor movies, also confirmed that she won't be returning to the blockbuster franchise.

"As far as I know, I'm done," she told the newspaper. "I mean, I don't know if maybe one day they'll ask for an Avengers 7 or whatever, I have no idea. But as far as I know, I'm done, but it was a great thing to be a part of."

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously confirmed that Portman would not be appearing in next year's Thor: Ragnarok, which was filming in Australia last month.

While speaking with the Empire Film Podcast, Feige said there were "many reasons, many of which are in the film," as to why Portman's character would not be part of the new sequel and said fans would have to watch the film to find out why.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hints that Doctor Strange may appear in Ragnarok. A picture was posted from the set of Thor/Hemsworth holding a piece of paper with Doctor Strange's address on it.

SosoDude

LOVE the whole vibe of this trailer. Exceeded my expectations. Love the funky 80's feel of the Ragnarok wording sweeping on the screen at the end, with the retro rainbow color scheme. This trailer excites me about the movie and the future of the MCU.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom