Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Beat the games story mode loved it an iconic classic to stand the test of time while also being a master class on open world gaming. I'm just doing shrines and exploring every inch of hyrule now.

rushtest4echo

After seeing that video I'd also want something, better. It looks like TSMM with no ride vehicle.

I've always wondered why TSMM has a ride vehicle actually. ;) Doesn't really add much to the gameplay experience if we're being honest. Probably why I rarely ride it at any of the parks that have it (though maus au chocolat is an excellent demonstration that this ride system can actually function as a ride).

If they can get an immersive interactive walkthrough Zelda attraction using stuff like MagicQuest uses, I think they'd have a massive hit. Of course, as you mentioned capacity would need to be addressed. But I've seen Haunt mazes at parks that have 3 or 4 separate preshow rooms (the same preshow) and several pathways (same scenes) to get more people through. I'm sure Universal could do the same on a huge scale without much effort.

disneygeek90

So, I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I was at US last night with a friend and she was claiming Nintendo-Land will be taking place of the Marvel attractions. Is this accurate? Do we have a theoretical date that this is all supposed to be opened by, or when ground is breaking?

Bacon

So, I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I was at US last night with a friend and she was claiming Nintendo-Land will be taking place of the Marvel attractions. Is this accurate? Do we have a theoretical date that this is all supposed to be opened by, or when ground is breaking?
I doubt marvel is leaving as universal wants to probably keep it as long as they can. But more then likely the following will close for Nintendo
  • Animal actors
  • Curious George
  • Woody woodpecker nuthouse coaster
  • A day in the park with Barney
  • Some backstage stuff
I doubt ET is on the chopping block. But I could be wrong about that.

disneygeek90

I doubt marvel is leaving as universal wants to probably keep it as long as they can. But more then likely the following will close for Nintendo
  • Animal actors
  • Curious George
  • Some backstage stuff
Interesting, I can't say I would mind any of that leaving. Besides ET. Is there some sort of contract that is letting Universal continue the Marvel themed rides even though Disney has purchased them? Do we know when the construction is supposedly taking place?

imperius

Interesting, I can't say I would mind any of that leaving. Besides ET. Is there some sort of contract that is letting Universal continue the Marvel themed rides even though Disney has purchased them? Do we know when the construction is supposedly taking place?
There is a marvel contract that says they keep theme parks rights forever as long as they keep up the area. It's going into Kid Zone and should be starting the day of this year according to insiders.

lazyboy97o

Cesar R M

• Animal actors
  • Curious George
  • Some backstage stuff
Didnt some of the UNI insiders already mentioned that E.T. is indeed in the shopping block?

BubbaQuest

I'm a little confused about the patent. Is it indicating it can project images inside the tunnel from video projectors outside the tunnel? So maybe a mapped projector around a tube? Or is this more like a traditional video game skybox, where images are projected on walls outside the tube, but the tube has cutouts making it look like you are inside a much larger world?

I'm wondering if this is some kind of solution to the Kong problem that everyone complains about -- that you can see the edges of the screen? Is the tube hiding the screen or is the tube the screen?

Mike S

more screens.
I guess you missed the part about huge physical props that would continuously move past you to simulate even more speed.

Pity.
I'm a little confused about the patent. Is it indicating it can project images inside the tunnel from video projectors outside the tunnel? So maybe a mapped projector around a tube? Or is this more like a traditional video game skybox, where images are projected on walls outside the tube, but the tube has cutouts making it look like you are inside a much larger world?

I'm wondering if this is some kind of solution to the Kong problem that everyone complains about -- that you can see the edges of the screen? Is the tube hiding the screen or is the tube the screen?
No idea but everyone who read this assumes it would be Warp Pipes that act as transitions between tracks. I guess like those water scenes in Shanghai's Pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom