Missing Camera

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I know this is a longshot but on March 14th I lost a camera at EPCOT I remember the exact spot I set it down and 2 minutes later when I went back for it, it was gone. That makes me think it was stolen and Lost + Found doesn't have it. Just wondered if anyone here might have found it.

Nemo14

My first digital camera was stolen at Disney Village years ago and I never got it back. My homeowners insurance covered replacing the camera, but the pictures are gone for good.

This website might help, but I seriously doubt that you'll get it back. Sorry.
http://www.camerafound.com/

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey everyone. I know this is a longshot but on March 14th I lost a camera at EPCOT I remember the exact spot I set it down and 2 minutes later when I went back for it, it was gone. That makes me think it was stolen and Lost + Found doesn't have it. Just wondered if anyone here might have found it.

Did you try contacting lost and found?

NEmickeyfan

Sad to say, but it's gone for good I'm sure. Last year I left an Osborne Lights Pass Holder t-shirt on a Friendship boat. By the time I realized it and ran back out to the dock it was gone... and never turned in to lost and found. Sorry to hear this happened to you. One likes to think that at a Disney park people would be a bit more honest.... ha!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sad to say, but it's gone for good I'm sure. Last year I left an Osborne Lights Pass Holder t-shirt on a Friendship boat. By the time I realized it and ran back out to the dock it was gone... and never turned in to lost and found. Sorry to hear this happened to you. One likes to think that at a Disney park people would be a bit more honest.... ha!

We left a nice Mickey canvas bag with out ponchos and umbrellas in the outdoor seating area at Beaches and Cream and we eventually did get it back. I didn't make it to lost and found before we left, but a couple weeks after we got home we got a package from the Beach Club with out missing bag.

With that said, asking on a message board probably has a .00001% chance of success. If someone wasn't honest enough to turn it in to lost and found, they aren't likely to admit to it on a message board, even if by some slim chance they read this post.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I knew it was a longshot, but I figured I would try. That's $500 down the drain.

That is sad news that your camera was taken. Just wondering--does your homeowners (or apt. renter's) insurance provide any coverage for theft of items, outside of the home? If you haven't already looked into this, it might not be a bad idea to call your insurance agent.

lazyboy97o

We left a nice Mickey canvas bag with out ponchos and umbrellas in the outdoor seating area at Beaches and Cream and we eventually did get it back. I didn't make it to lost and found before we left, but a couple weeks after we got home we got a package from the Beach Club with out missing bag.
I had a similar experience years ago with a digital camera. It can take awhile for Lost & Found to know what has been found. Reporting the lost item is the only way to have a chance of it being returned.

rob0519

I would call lost and found again and then maybe once or twice a week until a month has past. It's possible the item has not made it's way to central lost and found and is still under a counter somewhere in EPCOT. I hope it shows up.

Larry Mondello

I would call lost and found again and then maybe once or twice a week until a month has past. It's possible the item has not made it's way to central lost and found and is still under a counter somewhere in EPCOT. I hope it shows up.
Yep,I lost a camcorder and it showed up at lost and found 2 days later.

raven

Good luck. I know of a CM who tries selling cameras he's found to other CMs in the parking lot after work. :(

drizgirl

Did you have your camera labeled in any way? That's really the most likely way it could get back to you (on the chance it was lost and not stolen).

I don't have my camera itself labeled, but I do have a protected image on each memory card with my name, phone number and email address.

Just a thought for future use and peace of mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom