Rumor - Fast Pass change- Both parks linked starting April 6th

BrianLo

Saw this rumor on the site that shall not be named... Micechat.

Sure hope it's not true. Many here have said that adding FP to all these rides (especially rides that don't need FP) would make the pathways unbearable and stand by times even worse. Sounds like this might be the solution, unfortunately. Not sure how valid the source is though.

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/...ass-change-both-parks-linked-starting-april-6

Absolutely makes sense in terms of MaxPass. You could really, really game the system and just start acquiring a series of late afternoon FP for DCA while in DL or vice versa.

Now some people are misinterpreting it. Doesn't mean you can't get a late fastpass for RSR and then one for Space Mountain two hours later in DL, it just means you can't walk into the park at opening and book Space and RSR at nearly the same time.

I do wonder though if you can book for a park you aren't currently in.

Honestly, people who would complain about the two parks being linked are 100% gaming the system already.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Absolutely makes sense in terms of MaxPass. You could really, really game the system and just start acquiring a series of late afternoon FP for DCA while in DL or vice versa.

Now some people are misinterpreting it. Doesn't mean you can't get a late fastpass for RSR and then one for Space Mountain two hours later in DL, it just means you can't walk into the park at opening and book Space and RSR at nearly the same time.

I do wonder though if you can book for a park you aren't currently in.

Honestly, people who would complain about the two parks being linked are 100% gaming the system already.

Well that would be me getting to the park and getting an RSR and SM fast pass...on the rare occasion I'm there early enough. Is it really gaming the system though? I wonder if Disney sees it that way. Surely, they had to expect that the majority of DL visitors, local APs, would learn and use the FP system to their advantage, especially since they left the system "vulnerable" to this behavior.

I would imagine that you can book for a park you are not in. That seems like it would be one of the bigger perks of Max Pass.

BrianLo

Well that would be me getting to the park and getting an RSR and SM fast pass...on the rare occasion I'm there early enough. Is it really gaming the system though? I wonder if Disney sees it that way. Surely, they had to expect that the majority of DL visitors, local APs, would learn and use the FP system to their advantage, especially since they left the system "vulnerable" to this behavior.

I would imagine that you can book for a park you are not in. That seems like it would be one of the bigger perks of Max Pass.

Ya exactly. I think I'd qualify it as a loop hole. Disney never intended people to have the ability to book FP for E-tickets hourly, even on the most busy of park days.

The problem is that park hopping constantly is a huge PITA. Max Pass totally destroys that and makes the barrier of access (FP running between parks) moot. It kind of forces their hand to patch said vulnerability finally.

On my most recent visit I gave up park hopping entirely. I just find it too arduous for some reason now to bother. There are enough attractions in each park that criss crossing back and forth really doesn't maximize the number of things I can do in a given day. Granted, I'm there for multiple days as a tourist and not a single day once in a while like a given random AP.

I'm all for Max Pass as it eliminates the concept of FP running entirely. The problem is I like it too much and therefore never stop to smell the roses enough.

D

Deleted member 107043

On my most recent visit I gave up park hopping entirely. I just find it too arduous for some reason now to bother.

Same, and oddly enough I find it more troublesome to park hop from DCA to DL than vice versa. Maybe it's because most of my "don't miss" favorites at DL are good step away from the main entrance.

Frankly FPs are such a pain to get now that on my last trip I pretty much opted for Early Morning to knock out the big rides I wanted to do and only used FP when it was convenient to grab one. We were given preferred seating at the Hyperion and an open FP as part of our DLR hotel package, which helped a bit. We also used single rider a few times, which is usually a much better option than FP as it allows you to ride when you want rather than waiting for a reservation window.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ya exactly. I think I'd qualify it as a loop hole. Disney never intended people to have the ability to book FP for E-tickets hourly, even on the most busy of park days.

The problem is that park hopping constantly is a huge PITA. Max Pass totally destroys that and makes the barrier of access (FP running between parks) moot. It kind of forces their hand to patch said vulnerability finally.

On my most recent visit I gave up park hopping entirely. I just find it too arduous for some reason now to bother. There are enough attractions in each park that criss crossing back and forth really doesn't maximize the number of things I can do in a given day. Granted, I'm there for multiple days as a tourist and not a single day once in a while like a given random AP.

I'm all for Max Pass as it eliminates the concept of FP running entirely. The problem is I like it too much and therefore never stop to smell the roses enough.

I agree with you. Park hopping is a pain in the @$$. I usually reserve that for the rare occasion I get to the park early or when I'm taking family from out of town. As you said there are plenty of great rides at both parks and getting on all the E tickets at both isn't worth the marathon that it takes to do it. My park hopping on an average visit usually just meant TOT and Off the Page at DCA.

Anyway, if Max Pass was free I'd say it was good trade off for losing the ability to reserve FPs at both parks simultaneously. But since it's not, it Just feels like we lost a perk (if true). But if this somehow makes the pathways less clogged (now you can only have one FP every 2 hours instead of 2) it's not the worst thing in the world.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Mouseplanet is reporting that as of Thursday, Toy Story's fastpass will start. They are also reporting that they are in fact consolidating the two individual park networks into one . But Maxpass is not beginning yet.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Mouseplanet is reporting that as of Thursday, Toy Story's fastpass will start. They are also reporting that they are in fact consolidating the two individual park networks into one . But Maxpass is not beginning yet.

What! No park blog about how magical this new FP system will be and how guests can now get less FPs and pay more for something that's free at WDW?

D.Silentu

Can't recall at the moment where I heard it, but I have heard that you must be inside the park in question to get a Maxpass.

mikenatcity1

I don't see them adding FP at every attraction, at least not yet. I hate what that did to lines at WDW. Many attractions would be walk on or near walk on and adding FP to them added several minutes (presumably because the average family visiting for the first time wouldn't know that Pirates, Mansion or Small World was often a walk up or minimal wait and didn't need a FP).

I'm confused about connecting the 2 park systems together- does that mean going into 1 park (say DL) and getting a FP for Space Mountain then immediately go to DCA and get one for RSR and they could be within the same exact same window (say 10am-11am)? If so, I don't think I knew you could do that, either that or I assumed it would have been that way all along- I thought the only FP you could get at the same time was for entertainment (get Frozen and then immediately get Space Mountain). I'm ok if they make it this way as I know i'd be tempted to do just that- enter the park, have 1 person "walk with purpose" to one of the attractions then head to another park and do the same thing, all within minutes :)

drizgirl

This change had to happen. They are removing the barrier of needing to leave one park and going to the other to get the park. It can't be at your fingertips and still allow you to get FPs for both. I'm not a fan, but it had to happen.

Can't recall at the moment where I heard it, but I have heard that you must be inside the park in question to get a Maxpass.

Yes, but they never said if you had to just be in one of the parks or if you had to be in the specific one you are scheduling for.

Lots more critical information missing on MaxPass. Will it work right outside the gates? Will it work in a few spots at DCA? Will Disney IT be able to handle the onslaught of everyone hitting it at the same time every morning when the park opens (doubtful).

mickEblu

Original Poster

Lots more critical information missing on MaxPass. Will it work right outside the gates? Will it work in a few spots at DCA? Will Disney IT be able to handle the onslaught of everyone hitting it at the same time every morning when the park opens (doubtful).

In the comments section of the Disney parks blog, Erin Glover mentioned that as long as you are eligible for an FP it will work for the park that the guest is not currently in.

I knew I remember I had seen this answered somewhere ...

Attachments

• IMG_6696.PNG
    IMG_6696.PNG
    308.7 KB · Views: 47

Curious Constance

In the comments section of the Disney parks blog, Erin Glover mentioned that as long as you are eligible for an FP it will work for the park that the guest is not currently in.

I knew I remember I had seen this answered somewhere ...
That sure would be handy. Still though, I doubt I'll pay the extra money on our trip. Not when it's free to do paper fastpass.

mickEblu

Original Poster
That sure would be handy. Still though, I doubt I'll pay the extra money on our trip. Not when it's free to do paper fastpass.

Yeah the fact that the parks are linked now makes Max Pass a little less valuable IMO. Although still convenient for situations where you want to maximize your day like getting a Splash Mountain FP when you just got off TSMM at Paradise Pier.

Curious Constance

Our park hopping normally consists of starting the day in one park, and then taking a mid-day break at the hotel, then ending the day at the other park. We never criss-cross back and forth. We walk enough during our time there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom