News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

21stamps

You go home now... You've been here 6 hours!
No joke, there was a Sunday buffet that I used to go to in Key West. All you can drink champagne and carafes of orange juice...delicious food, fresh seafood, amazing breakfast items etc.

A group of 4 us would go, bring a deck of cards.. and sit from 10:30ish am until 1:30ish pm. The servers knew to keep bringing us bottles so we could continue our mimosas. We would take breaks from eating and play a game of poker.lol. We were definitely squatters. Ha ha. But we tipped extremely well and no one ever booted us.lol

disney4life2008

Ohana has been one of our favorites for years (we'll even sometimes visit when we're in Central Florida but not at "the world"), but our visit 2 weeks ago was absurdly bad. A server stopped by and started piling up meat on our plates literally as we were being seated, with the rest of the meal (salad, wings, dumplings, veggies, and noodles) all arriving at once before we even had our drinks. Within 10 minutes of that, they began pushing to bring us dessert. The food was fine, though not nearly the best we've had there, but the obvious, breathless rush to turn the table was a huge turn-off. We ended up complaining but never heard anything back. I'm not sure we'll be so insistent on getting there next time.

This happened to me as well. Within 5 minutes of getting my appetizers he brought the skewers. I kindly told them do not bring it back until im ready. I refuse to be rushed at Ohana. I will not spend no less than 90 minutes.

disney4life2008

The faster the meal, the more guests they can serve, the more tips they can make. Sounds like their service has taken a hit in order for the servers to make more money.

Exactly. This is why I like late seating. I usually get an ADR about 10 minutes before or at the fireworks start time. After the fireworks are done, the restaurant clears out and I get more attention and not rushed.

My issue with many of the TS places at disney (and in general), when I sit down, I want to relax and enjoy my meal.

Laketravis

You go home now... You've been here 6 hours!

LOL! "It's all you can eat, not how long you can stay!"

I consider Ohana one of the worst of Disney.

Have to agree. Ohana has probably been the worst dining experience for us aside from Garden Grill where we were (un)fortunate enough to be seated below an HVAC vent dripping condensation onto our table and food.

Rushed service, cramped seating in some areas (they once tried to sit four of us around one of those little tables with a booth seat on one side and a single chair on the other by adding a chair and insisting the four of us could fit), inconsistent quality, etc. We gave it multiple chances for both breakfast and dinner and will probably never go back.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This happened to me as well. Within 5 minutes of getting my appetizers he brought the skewers. I kindly told them do not bring it back until im ready. I refuse to be rushed at Ohana. I will not spend no less than 90 minutes.
If anyone feels rushed at any restaurant, that is their own fault. We are like you in that if someone is trying to rush, we tell them to slow down. Many times, we will not even order our main course until after we have finished our appetizers. At O'Hana, we just tell them that we are not ready for the next course. Not one has complained about it.

Laketravis

If anyone feels rushed at any restaurant, that is their own fault. We are like you in that if someone is trying to rush, we tell them to slow down.

Unless you tell every restaurant to slow down upon being seated, then you must sense (or "feel") that you're being rushed. I absolutely do not feel like it's my fault that a server or other staff are rushing me but I will be the first to point it out. Sometimes they will, sometimes it's just inherent to the operation and they are fighting the momentum.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Unless you tell every restaurant to slow down upon being seated, then you must sense (or "feel") that you're being rushed. I absolutely do not feel like it's my fault that a server or other staff are rushing me but I will be the first to point it out.

When you're spending the amount of money @LuvtheGoof is spending at Ohana, the staff just know better than to try and rush the table. Unlike us peasants who obviously don't spend nearly as much to dine there.

raven

Have to agree. Ohana has probably been the worst dining experience for us aside from Garden Grill where we were (un)fortunate enough to be seated below an HVAC vent dripping condensation onto our table and food.
Only for a minute or two few maybe since the entire floor of the restaurant rotates, not the ceiling.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Rushed service, cramped seating in some areas (they once tried to sit four of us around one of those little tables with a booth seat on one side and a single chair on the other by adding a chair and insisting the four of us could fit), inconsistent quality, etc. We gave it multiple chances for both breakfast and dinner and will probably never go back.

This just goes to show how WDW really has an issue with consistency. We went for a quick weekend and ate at both Garden Grill and 'Ohana and both were excellent with excellent service.

WASaMATTR

Regarding resort fees, they do this at Aulani. Regular guests have to pay a parking fee ( back in 2013 was $ 18 p/day). However, if you were a vacation club member they waived the fee.

Laketravis

Regarding resort fees, they do this at Aulani. Regular guests have to pay a parking fee ( back in 2013 was $ 18 p/day). However, if you were a vacation club member they waived the fee.

I'm still expecting WDW to begin charging for resort parking, but not resort fees.

Daveeeeed

Well, I was more referring to Disney Springs. I admit to not having hit a lot of the "signatures" in the parks/hotels (edit: not restaurants! lol I'm tired) themselves but I personally wouldn't go into PrimeTime expecting anything more than table-service with quick service food. But that's me, lol. I've heard though that Primetime has gone down quite a bit, be it both food and service. Funny you mention O'Hana's as I've heard that's also gone down. I just don't have my own personal experiences with them to go by. I do think they've made a lot of improvements overall in the food quality around the property. And I probably should have said "forcing" not that everything has been brought up to par. It's still a bit of a mixed bag.
O'hana's & 1900 park faire are just a shell of their former selves. The Animal Kingdom Lodge still has great restaurants though.

COProgressFan

This just goes to show how WDW really has an issue with consistency. We went for a quick weekend and ate at both Garden Grill and 'Ohana and both were excellent with excellent service.

This has been our issue as well. Service and food seems to be inconsistent in lots of places. I have also dined and felt completely rushed, but also had times where our server disappeared and everything took forever. It's really hard to know what to expect.

I haven't been to Ohana in quite a few years and we were excited to try it again this summer - I'm hoping we have a good experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom