deleted

Curious Constance

I'm actually kind of relieved. The less things going away forever and making their return debut during my trip (which will be nearly 3 years since our last trip) the better. Also, less things to try and cram into our already exhausting trips to the resort. If my kids don't care about seeing this parade, I'll probably skip it. That just freed up a couple hours of our time!

The_Bellringer

Ugh this is so annoying!

YES the parade is a classic and charming and timeless and blah blah blah... but I miss Paint the Night :(

Maybe they are just ensuring a packed summer by extending this so people who have seen paint the Night can catch this... because paint the night was EXTREMELY popular during the 60th. Idk.

Stevek

Ugh this is so annoying!

YES the parade is a classic and charming and timeless and blah blah blah... but I miss Paint the Night :(

Maybe they are just ensuring a packed summer by extending this so people who have seen paint the Night can catch this... because paint the night was EXTREMELY popular during the 60th. Idk.
It's all about the benjamins. PTN will be back, Disney will milk the MSEP for a few more bucks and then promote the heck out of the return of PTN.

drizgirl

I imagine if Disney thought extending MSEP would get more bodies in the park, they would extend it indefinitely. Why wouldn't they?

My guess is that they want to debut Fantasmic around the same time as the change back to PTN just to create more buzz about "new" stuff. I think this delay is just confirmation of how far behind Fantasmic is.

jrhwdw

I imagine if Disney thought extending MSEP would get more bodies in the park, they would extend it indefinitely. Why wouldn't they?

My guess is that they want to debut Fantasmic around the same time as the change back to PTN just to create more buzz about "new" stuff. I think this delay is just confirmation of how far behind Fantasmic is.
F! or PTN. PTN is supposed to be in referb right now, anyone know how that's going? Hopefully we won't have a F! summer like we had in 2009! When the F! upgrades finally worked at the end of summer!

D

Deleted member 107043

Ah, that makes sense. I bet you're right about this.

Figments Friend

Yay!!

I am very pleased to hear that MSEP will be 'extending' it's run through the entire Summer season.
Admittingly, I had secretly hoped it would run longer despite the heavily promoted 'final date' of June 18th.
It makes sense to me, and I am not entirely surprised by the announcement.
Most here probably expected something like this to happen.

Always thought it made more sense to just run it for the full Summer instead of cutting it off before the season really begins, as 'Paint...' has run the last two Summers straight.
Seems like a smart move to me as it offers something 'new' to the roster.
It also offers people like me planning a Summer visit the chance to see this Parade at its 'home' Park.

To me, this is a 'WIN / WIN' situation.
It gives TDA more time to properly refurbish 'Paint..' and get it logistically back on its feet for another long run in the future.
It gives visitors coming from afar the chance to see it during the busy Summer season.
It also now allows those of us who are coming from afar to attend the D23 Expo in July a chance to see it at it's 'home' Park.

I for one am happy about that last bit.....as I'm coming back to Anaheim in July and love the MSEP.
It will be a nice experience to see my favorite Disney Parade in the original Park where it began all those years ago.
:)

-

jrhwdw

Mixed reactions on the blog. Not everyone's drinking the kool-aid.

Although this comment was my favorite:

Any word on whether the Magic Kingdom’s nightly “Festival of Silence” parade will continue?
Sorry but a summer of MSEP In DL is not a bad thing. Especially if they haven't solved PTN'S issues yet. Let's not fall back to the old no night parade during summer like we had before the 60th. DL is better than that. Then again, so is MK and look where we are! I wish Disney would wake up and get something in there!

D

Deleted member 107043

What exactly are PTN's issues and why is it taking so long to solve them?

PiratesMansion

Sorry but a summer of MSEP In DL is not a bad thing. Especially if they haven't solved PTN'S issues yet. Let's not fall back to the old no night parade during summer like we had before the 60th . DL

I don't think the option was ever MSEP or no night parade at all, particularly in the summer. It is very possible that PTN had unforeseen issues pop up, certainly, but there's probably around a 95% chance that it was genuinely extended because people are so obsessed about this darn parade.

I get that people love it, but it's time to move on. It's old. It's tired. It is 45 years old and falling apart. The distinctive score was watered down in favor of a poor reimagining of the Dreamlights soundtrack. The concept of a night parade has been improved in almost every other incarnation, whether Spectro, Fantillusion, Dreamlights, or Paint the Night. Disneyland already has a state of the art parade that they could be showing and has shown to the public. But the MSEP is *different* and *special* so some would have it run another 45 years in some capacity if they could.

Some things really need to be able to die. MSEP, to me, is one of those things.

What exactly are PTN's issues and why is it taking so long to solve them?
Apparently the floats desperately needed refurbishment after running twice a night for over a year, which I can understand. It was also reported that Paint the Night needed to rework some of the costumes because they were temperamental and uncomfortable for the cast.

jrhwdw

PTN needed some refurb work and some costume redesigns. TDA has put off the actual work however - I don't even know if they've started on it and it's March. Extending MSEP is pure laziness.
It's April now, what? Are they too busy with Tower and SWL to get PTN and F! done??????? Rolls eyes Maybe Disney is looking to move PTN somewhere if guests are still loving MSEP in DL?

Curious Constance

It's not like PTN returning won't drive just as many people to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom