Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

Original Poster
I thought this was worthy of a breakout thread given the discussion is taking away from the potential Ratatouille ride for France in the other thread.

@MansionButler84 basically confirmed that the front runner country for a new World Showcase pavilion is Brazil:

If they could afford a summer Olympic Games, there is a sponsor than can help out with a pavilion costing no more than $100,000,000. Unless they splurge for a boat ride.

By the way, as others have deduced but to put a fine point on it, Brazil is likely to be built. Let's hope it gets a ride.

I'll give some credit to @TabulaRasa who reasoned it out prior in this post.

doctornick

Original Poster
So the bad news... While it seemed at one point that any new pavilion was destined to have a ride (or other major attraction) at opening, the insiders on here seem to be having a consensus that Brazil -- if it happens -- may not open with one. This is apparently a shift from the earlier plans.

Don't assume a new country comes with a new attraction. As crazy as it sounds.

#1 country's ride has been on again off again. I wouldn't be surprised if we had Meet the World the Sequel with this pavillion.

From what I believe it could open with no ride.

No octagon. It could open without an attraction, could open with an attraction later, could be greenlit with an attraction now. No decisions yet. Current school of thought is retail and dining plus themed environment equals attractive, but there are people in charge who also say not attractive enough without an attraction. When all is taken into consideration, the numbers will win out, but in this instance it is taking into account the whole of Epcot's redo, which changes the decision making process from my original statement.

Still speaking hypothetically, as we know, pavilions can be designed and costed to offer options of with or without an opening day attraction.

PorterRedkey

I know this pavilion will have a shop and a restaurant. Will it have a ride? It so, what form might that ride take?

ToTBellHop

Here is a concept image:
IMG_3134.JPG

I cannot elaborate on the actual project, but I wish it was an Amazon rainforest boat ride with no IP. Too bad they'd didn't build this in the late '80s or early '90s.

I should point out, there isn't still a chance for a ride. It depends on what the public or private sponsor chooses.

Attachments

• IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

FigmentJedi

I know this pavilion will have a shop and a restaurant. Will it have a ride? It so, what form might that ride take?
Probably a new Three Caballeros ride if Coco's taking over Mexico. Brazil was a huge part of the two Latin America films and Jose is so much of an icon in Brazil that they actually drew him over Donald and Mickey in the Disney comics over there.

Oriolesmagic

Brazil is a country that really provides a lot of possibilities and directions for Disney to take in terms of aesthetics. Will it have more of an Amazon vibe or that of Rio de Janeiro? My guess is the latter.

If so, will the Christ the Redeemer statue be the focal point? I'm not sure what else would be recognizable enough.

articos

So the bad news... While it seemed at one point that any new pavilion was destined to have a ride (or other major attraction) at opening, the insiders on here seem to be having a consensus that Brazil -- if it happens -- may not open with one. This is apparently a shift from the earlier plans.
I am not implying any new WS pavilion is being greenlit as of now. I'm just giving insight into the processes that go on while making these decisions.

doctornick

Original Poster
I couldn't find the post, but one of the insiders once remarked that there were three countries for WS pavilions under consideration:

#1 was likely, but not finalized
#2 was possible, but not certain
#3 was being considered by very unlikely.

My assumption would be that #1 is Brazil, #2 is Spain and #3 could be any number of countries (maybe Australia or India?)

WDW1974

This is a rumor that is far, far, far, far from happening. ... I'm not even sure it has real legit background or if it is coming from a faction of WDI (see leaked HKDL plans that still are NOT a go) or bloggers/podcasters who have a bunch of circumstantial items that they are using to take a very huge leap.

Honestly, if WS was getting an addition, I can think of half a dozen countries that would make more sense than Brazil.

Tour groups and a failed and troubling Olympiad in no way should lead to a conclusion here.

Lots of stuff being talked about with a fair amount happening ... but this ...

ToTBellHop

I couldn't find the post, but one of the insiders once remarked that there were three countries for WS pavilions under consideration:

#1 was likely, but not finalized
#2 was possible, but not certain
#3 was being considered by very unlikely.

My assumption would be that #1 is Brazil, #2 is Spain and #3 could be any number of countries (maybe Australia or India?)
Yes. I'm honestly not sure what #3 is. Not that it matters. I'll be happy if we finally get a 12th nation.

jt04

I could see them doing something like this in a similar way the Mexico pavilion is depicted. Indoors, in the evening with the statue illuminated.

In any case, the Amazon should be a subject of a ride in WS or DAK. I think if we get Brazil in WS, then I have doubts we would ever see South America in DAK. Tough decision for the deciders I think.

ToTBellHop

This is a rumor that is far, far, far, far from happening. ... I'm not even sure it has real legit background or if it is coming from a faction of WDI (see leaked HKDL plans that still are NOT a go) or bloggers/podcasters who have a bunch of circumstantial items that they are using to take a very huge leap.

Honestly, if WS was getting an addition, I can think of half a dozen countries that would make more sense than Brazil.

Tour groups and a failed and troubling Olympiad in no way should lead to a conclusion here.

Lots of stuff being talked about with a fair amount happening ... but this ...
As far as I can tell, the rumor is starting right here, with neither bloggers nor podcasters.

I don't know of anyone suggesting it WILL happen. Rat is far more certain. And even with it, I'll believe it when I see excavators. Far too many canceled and changed plans over the years. ESPECIALLY in World Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom