Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

PorterRedkey

View attachment 195627
View attachment 195856
Hope this helps clear up some confusion in discussion from other threads. A couple of things to note on these maps:

1. Only Mexico, Norway, China and Japan occupy close to their entire pad. All the other current countries still have some room left for expansion on their existing pads.
2. I marked the locations of known attraction spaces in Germany, Italy, Japan and UK.
3. Rat is not confirmed to go where I have it marked, this is just my gut feeling.
4. Pads 7 and 8 are basically gone forever.
5. Pads 2 and 3 may as well be one big space now because of the restrictions due to fireworks storage near 2.

EDIT: Honestly I see now why only 3 new countries were being discussed. There is really only 3 spaces for new countries, pads 3, 4 and 5.
A. Thank you for being such a great contributor to this site. Your insight and common sense are a welcome injection to this site.
B. You make the best pictures/diagrams (outside of Martin). These attachments alway help me understand the issues better.

Thank you for the effort you put into your posts!

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

The Israel pavilion. The 'North' marker and shoreline indicate plot 5, the plot to the east of Morocco. Next to Japan.
על לא דבר.

2s8psvp.png
This is awesome! Ask and you shall receive. This site and its' members are so great!

Empress, you are great as always.

Princess Leia

Completely agree about all of this. The American pavilion food is sad we usually just skip right over it. It's basically your stereotypical American funnel cakes and turkey legs even though the regional cuisine in the country could be very good. Rat along with U.K. Attraction and a new country with shops restaurants and show/attraction would really help balance out the WS. Then on to the mess that is FW especially FW east
Like, America's more than burgers, chicken tenders, and hot dogs. It looks like more of the regional dishes get their due during the festivals, but it shouldn't be that way. Plus, the American pavilion only has a QS (with two stands), so it's not like changing the menu would be too difficult.

It could be split by these categories:
Northeast
Soul Food
Midwest
Cajun
Western
Tex Mex

And while Disney changes the menus, they could also change the alcohol to fit the regions. Unless they have some sort of deal with Anheuser-Busch or something.

No Name

Brazil makes absolute sense.

If they're willing to spent boatloads of cash for three weeks of fame and attention, on multiple occasions... then surely they're willing to spend a lesser amount for a permanent attraction. I'm not confident that any new WS pavillion is coming, but if it does, I'm betting it will be Brazil.

And that means, if a ride is to come, it might not be based around existing Disney characters??

October82

And that means, if a ride is to come, it might not be based around existing Disney characters??

There are a few Disney properties that take place in South America. The Three Caballeros probably wouldn't work for obvious reasons. Perhaps Up would work? It takes place in Venezuela, but perhaps that's close enough to be overlooked.

doctornick

Original Poster
The why mess with it?

Assuming they did of course.

Re: Impressions de France...

I have no problems with it staying, but it's a 35 year old film and there's a reasonable argument that stuff like that should be updated or even changed periodically. Some (maybe even most) would regard any replacement as "worse" but I'd at least be willing to give it a shot and would enjoy something new. Much like I support changing out even popular acts among the WS streemosphere, I think most theme park films need periodic changing.

Wouldn't mind them using the same score and similar concept, but just with a brand new film.

PorterRedkey

None. Just that the seemingly green lit building of the Ratatouille ride in the back of the plot wouldn't eliminate the possibility of using the front of the plot in the future for a new country (at some theoretically point in the future)
Or for that awesome Morocco, E-Ticket we've been waiting on. ;)

The_Jobu

Completely agree about all of this. The American pavilion food is sad we usually just skip right over it. It's basically your stereotypical American funnel cakes and turkey legs even though the regional cuisine in the country could be very good. Rat along with U.K. Attraction and a new country with shops restaurants and show/attraction would really help balance out the WS. Then on to the mess that is FW especially FW east

Well hey now, let's not go nuts, the funnel cakes can stay...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, but they couldn't afford a summer Olympic Games...

Oh, great, we're going to get a big Brazilian ride that will be open for three weeks and then sit unused as the staff pickets and then riots in the pavilion.

So could there still be a small country presence on the front of that space?
Or for that awesome Morocco, E-Ticket we've been waiting on. ;)

The front part of the pad could theoretically be:
  1. Your Moroccan E-Ticket
  2. Beauty and the Beast ride
  3. some other national pavilion
  4. a theater
  5. a dining garden with tables so you can eat your festival dishes somewhere other than the top of a garbage can

Weirdly I called for a Brazil pavilion, and an update to mission space, and I believe an expansion of World Showcase IP attractions (so long as they made future world more relevant) on here after returning in 2015.

Maybe we're being watched.

You're always being watched. And that's all I can say about that. Perhaps I've said too much already...

The Empress Lilly

Has India ever been considered for a WS pavilion? Though Indians tourists don't visit the US as much as the other nations, both the US and Canada have sizable Indian diaspora communities with strong ties back home.
India is the big omission for me. Mexico can more or less stand in for all of Latin America. Morocco for the Arab world and Africa. But South and Southeast Asia are absent, despite being the global population center.

Then again, for India goes what goes for Africa: it is represented with an entire land in DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom