Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

BEARSHOUSE4

Yaaaaay! Confirmation! We made a ADR for Chsfs once only to see the Remy AA that was rumored to have been recently unveiled. This was back around 2008. Alas, he was not there and my daughter experienced her first Disney let down. Can't wait to tell her the Rat will have his own ride!!!

clemmo

Anybody know what the large showroom in the Germany pavilion is currently used for? It's a shame that can't be used during this expansion

doctornick

Original Poster
Part of the pad next door.

It it should be virtually impossible to see from the promenade if plans work out.

Not surprised but unfortunate. Would prefer to see that pad left wide open for more options later. I suppose at least the front half could be used at a later time (whether for Morocco or for some unrelated project; I could see something similar to the African Outpost using that space).

ToTBellHop

Not surprised but unfortunate. Would prefer to see that pad left wide open for more options later. I suppose at least the front half could be used at a later time (whether for Morocco or for some unrelated project; I could see something similar to the African Outpost using that space).
To be fair, what will remain could likely hold another pavilion. Several of the WS pavilions use roughly half of their pad. Mexico is a notable exception.

lazyboy97o

Anybody know what the large showroom in the Germany pavilion is currently used for? It's a shame that can't be used during this expansion
storage. a shame isn't it?
Figured. I believe there was a Rhine river cruise that was originally planned there which would've been great
The showbuilding for the Rhine River Cruise was never built. The ride would have only used a very small portion of what was built.

RSoxNo1

More to the point, I understand Rat is now permanent-marker green with construction commencing within the calendar year.

Any BatB work will involve relatively minor updates in New Fantasyland and more significant work for Theater of the Stars. Apparently the Pixar test this summer is meant to see how the space works as a flex space with differing day and night entertainment. It's not the only space at DHS under such consideration, and I personally agree with the attitude. It's a more efficient use of the space they have. Just have to see if we are smart enough to understand that one theater presents different shows.
Thank you for sharing. For those keeping track here's a list of how this rumor played out:
  • May 10, 2014: @HateToFly has posted an image of the France Pavilion on Twitter with a teaser tweet that reads, "Listen you can hear rumbles of bulldozers, earth, and traps? #rumor #disney"
  • July 1, 2014: Jim Hill reported on Episode 61 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast that Paris would have the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 4+ years. This would mean that the earliest the attraction would be brought to Walt Disney World would likely be 2019-2020.
  • October 15, 2016: On Episode 112 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill, Jim mentioned that Disney is looking to add the Ratatouille ride to Epcot's France pavilion in time for 2021's 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World.
  • October 18, 2016: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the expansion pad between Morocco and France is being considered, but Ratatouille has not been confirmed as the intellectual property nor has the project been green lit.
  • October 18, 2016: Len Testa (co-host of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast) posted on WDWMagic.com that since they recorded the episode released on October 15 that the Ratatouille project has been green lit.

articos

For @marni1971 or anyone who knows, as a historical curiosity... do you know what the planned sites were for the announced WS pavilions of years past? i.e. Israel, Spain, Equatorial Africa? I remember reading that the possible Swiss pavilion was going to be between Germany and Italy.
Also Denmark, Venezuela, Costa Rica, UAE and Iran were in negotiations at various points in history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom