Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The Israel pavilion. The 'North' marker and shoreline indicate plot 5, the plot to the east of Morocco. Next to Japan.
על לא דבר.

ru79fb.jpg

This would have been a great addition.

However, it really surprises me that they would have even considered Israel considering all the controversy around the country itself. I imagine that it would in the modern day cause boycotts, or even worse, be a target for a terorrist attack simply due to the symbolism. On top of that, it would shock me if this were to ever be considered to be built again.

The Empress Lilly

That's interesting. From an art direction perspective, it makes more sense to have Spain between Morroco and France because you could bring the Moorish Architecture and the more European Spanish Architectural stylings together for really compelling transitions and a reflection of Spain's history.
I would've liked that! Beautiful composition and transition. France - Spain - Morocco. And then mirrored, echoed, on the other side by Germany - Switzerland - Italy. That would be perfection. ^_^

I would've settled for Israel next to Germany too... :devilish:

Next to Morocco would've been just jolly too. And then one day, EPCOT opens and we find an Israeli food cart has settled on Morocco territory just for giggles.

Slowjack

However, it really surprises me that they would have even considered Israel considering all the controversy around the country itself. I imagine that it would in the modern day cause boycotts, or even worse, be a target for a terorrist attack simply due to the symbolism. On top of that, it would shock me if this were to ever be considered to be built again.
Well, they managed to include Israel in the big box o' countries for the millennium without anything blowing up, although they had to tweak the wording of the movie narration to make people happy. Or happier, at least.

The Empress Lilly

Eh, half the countries of WS are facing terrorist attacks at the moment. All of WDW is under threat too. It never did end up taking an Israel pavilion for WDW to have to scan entering kids for bombs, thanks to our hotheads from *read my thoughts about this in the politics section*

jt04

I do not understand why a theater can't have two uses. That way they could keep "Impressions" and also offer something else. Win win.

BTW, I also think it might be worth considering gutting the AA and replacing it with a Broadway style version with live actors. And possibly use the theater for other musical acts and the Candle Light Processional annually.

I think they can breathe new life into these venues.

TabulaRasa

To all the people guessing what the frontrunner is for the possible new WS pavilion, you need to read between the lines. @marni1971 has commented on the likes of certain pavilions (like Spain being considered but unlikely), but has remained silent when Brazil has been brought up multiple times.

The frontrunner is Brazil. It just hasn't been explicitly mentioned as being so (as far as I've read).

The_Bellringer

To all the people guessing what the frontrunner is for the possible new WS pavilion, you need to read between the lines. @marni1971 has commented on the likes of certain pavilions (like Spain being considered but unlikely), but has remained silent when Brazil has been brought up multiple times.

The frontrunner is Brazil. It just hasn't been explicitly mentioned as being so (as far as I've read).
Brazil makes sense. I think it'd be smart to include a South American country before a country from any other continent.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Brazil makes sense. I think it'd be smart to include a South American country before a country from any other continent.

And like I said, I get the draw of Brazil from the standpoint of the tour groups - but would they want to come to see a Disney version of their home country? That would be like French people coming to Epcot to see France in the World Showcase. I just don't see that working in their favor.

Aside from that, I do think a Brazilian pavilion would be an awesome addition with the food, culture, etc. I'd be interested to see the proposed ride (or rides) although I understand it may be built without one.

TabulaRasa

And like I said, I get the draw of Brazil from the standpoint of the tour groups - but would they want to come to see a Disney version of their home country? That would be like French people coming to Epcot to see France in the World Showcase. I just don't see that working in their favor.
I think that representation is a great form of flattery. The UK and Canada have pavilions, and while I don't know the exact statistic I'm fairly confident that those two countries have some of the highest visiting rates from outside of the US. And, being from Canada myself, I get a kick out of the Canada pavilion.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I think that representation is a great form of flattery. The UK and Canada have pavilions, and while I don't know the exact statistic I'm fairly confident that those two countries have the some of the highest visiting rates from countries outside of the US. And, being from Canada myself, I get a kick out of the Canada pavilion.

To be fair I did get free popcorn at the cart last time. So, Canada has that going for it.

The_Bellringer

Aside from that, I do think a Brazilian pavilion would be an awesome addition with the food, culture, etc. I'd be interested to see the proposed ride (or rides) although I understand it may be built without one.
Hmm you have a good point there! I think it would need to be done authentically and well.

All this talk about WS is making me miss EPCOT :( need to plan a trip soon!

El_Tomato

If Brazil ends up being the new pavillion, I'd wonder if its attraction (which may or may not be built) would have any IP-related theme.
While this might be the way things are done right now, I can't recall any Disney IP related to the country (apart from José Carioca, the character, and Watercolor of Brazil, the short film shown during Saludos Amigos - and those don't really seem very substantial to have a whole attraction based on it.)
I just wish WDI would create non-IP-based attractions in WS again.

Well, let's wait and see. And hope for the better.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A recreation of the Temple of Solomon? Would the Ark have been in there too?

At least we know what IP-connected ride will be coming to an Israel pavilion!

If Brazil ends up being the new pavillion, I'd wonder if its attraction (which may or may not be built) would have any IP-related theme.

Same franchise.

Put Brazil and Israel next to each other (2 & 3) and you can have Indy looking for the Crystal Skull in Brazil and the Ark in the Temple of Solomon.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...which means we now have a good idea of what could have been for the current park (1979 and onwards)

Mexico
Russia
Denmark / Scandinavia / Norway
Costa Rica / China
Equitorial Africa / Africa
Spain
Germany
Switzerland
Italy
American Adventure
Japan
Israel 2
Morocco
--
France
United Kingdom
Israel 1
Canada

These are based on the final park design. Earlier versions had the larger World Showcase and although there is some blurring between versions, the likes of Venezuela and Australia are pre 1979. Which leaves the question of the UAE pavilion and the like. Pre or post 1979?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom