25th Anniversary

jrhwdw

WOW! Goosebumbs!!!:

NICE JOB DLP! Seen reports that it's only for April 12th, too bad its not for all of the 25th! Maybe they'll use more if it's a hit.

brb1006

WOW! Goosebumbs!!!:

NICE JOB DLP! Seen reports that it's only for April 12th, too bad its not for all of the 25th! Maybe they'll use more if it's a hit.

This sounds better and more energetic then "Live The Magic" which was Disneyland's 60th Theme Song. I just hope WDW can top "Remember The Magic" when it turns 50th.

JDL30

Little photo tour of the 25th decorations so far - think they look quite classy and dignified. Be interesting to know if they will do anything to the castle...

IMG_4900.JPG
IMG_4902.JPG
IMG_4903.JPG
IMG_4899.JPG
IMG_4906.JPG
IMG_4901.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG

TTA94

So what day will Disney Stars on Parade and Illuminations open? I know officially they open the 26th (this coming Sunday) but I heard something about the 23rd?
Also what time of day will they perform? Paris time is 5 hours ahead hear in FL.

jrhwdw

25th Anniversary Opening Ceremony

Mickey (Goofy and Max) Presents "Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris"

The Starlit Princess Waltz

One is clearly better than the other but both are very well done.

On a separate note, DLP is Knocking it out of park with these Livestreams!!!!!!! They have 2 more, for Stars On Parade and Disney Illuminations!

Think we'll see an official livestream the first night HEA? I think not! I know the DPB will do one sometime but still!

brb1006

On a separate note, DLP is Knocking it out of park with these Livestreams!!!!!!! They have 2 more, for Stars On Parade and Disney Illuminations!

Think we'll see an official livestream the first night HEA? I think not! I know the DPB will do one sometime but still!
I wish WDW and Disneyland's livestreams were that good. Instead it look unprofessional most of the time.

Donald Dutch

Today was the day, all the 25th anniversary festivities kicked off!

Opening ceremony with Catherine Powell and Bob Chapek

Mickey Presents: Happy Birthday Disneyland Paris

C7xF0aaXwAYw-KO.jpg

C7xF0aaXQAAhbvc.jpg

C7xF0aYXUAE2b4g.jpg

C7xEWXFXwAAYWf4.jpg

Photos: @DLPToday

Starlit Princess Waltz

C7xGSnzX0AAb2V1.jpg

C7xGSoVW0AA47rA.jpg

C7xGSo0XgAAk_09.jpg

C7xGSpdXQAEz8yW.jpg

Photos: @DLPToday

Disney Stars On Parade

C7x0T7tX0AAWW9y.jpg

C7x0T7YXwAAVppd.jpg

C7x0g8ZWkAIf5G2.jpg

C7x0rFsXQAAsl9I.jpg

C7x027VXUAAFr3F.jpg

C7x1ATNW4AA3r1B.jpg

C7x1LJSW4AA2Z8l.jpg

C7x-BfIXwAUFmaQ.jpg

C7x1XDDWsAEv6rT.jpg

Photos: @ED92live on Twitter

Unfortunately, the Malificient Dragon had some problems with her neck. I've heard she has to shoot fire at 5 points during the parade. Also, looking and the height of the Dragon and Toy Story float, I think we can say goodbye to the Christmas garlands on Main Street...

Disney Stars on Parade: somewhere between Festival of Fantasy and Happiness is Here, but better than Storybook Express and Soundsational. The Nemo float and Princess Carriages drag it down. Hard.
I was thinking the same, but good news: according to @ED92live a princess float will be added next year. I think they will transform one of the Magic On Parade floats.

Disney Illuminations

Last edited:

Ag11gani

Personally I'd put it below FoF but avove Hapiness is Here. A lot of peope love Happiness is Here, but the floats look cheap and plastic, which is sad becuase the Music, Costumes and Character selection is great.

VJ

Basically the only thing I like about Disney Stars on Parade is the music. The style of the parade isn't consistent (steampunk opening float, followed by a straight-out-of-the-movie Toy Story float?) they broke the dragon and of course there's Frozen as the big finale. I just think that they could have done a lot better from a design standpoint. The masses will love it, though.

thundermtnGOAT

Having just watched Disney Illuminations, let me say it's a good show - but it's not Disney Illuminations. It's Ignite the Dream plain and simple. This is an even worse cut and paste/copy job than we realized, to the point that it even says "Ignite your magic dream" at the end. Imagineering should be ashamed that this was the best they could give Paris for its 25th. I mean come on, you couldn't be bothered to have at least changed the intro or finale?

mickeyfan5534

I was thinking the same, but good news: according to @ED92live a princess float will be added next year. I think they will transform one of the Magic On Parade floats.
Still stuck with that godawful Nemo float though.

Illuminations: After all the excellent entertainment of the day, this was a massive letdown. Ignite the Dream on Paris's castle with Beauty and the Beast instead of Genie and Mulan. I was ok with the opening and some shared segments but not almost the entire show.

Ag11gani

To be honest the should just stop Illuminations, and run Dreams instead tomorrow and beyond. That would be much better. But that won't happen.

mickeyfan5534

I went off on Ignite the Dream, this was even worse. I've come to the conclusion that Steve has devolved into a hack who's only talent is collecting a paycheck. Hard to believe the same man created Legend of Mythica, Remember Dreams Come True, and Disney Dreams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom