Spring Training, with a dash of Disney. Live.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Having spent so much time out of the Disney Bubble this trip, there are two major things that we are seeing everywhere that we don't see at home.

1 - People driving and talking on their cell phones.
This is a big no-no in Ontario. Handheld devices are prohibited. $490 fine and three demerit points.

2 - People smoking on outdoor patios. You don't see this at Disney, so we were surprised that anytime we are having dinner or drinks outside we are surrounded by smokers. In Ontario, it is illegal (since 2015) to smoke on any outdoor patio, whether covered or not. Prior to that, I believe that you could smoke on an outdoor patio provided it wasn't covered.

There you go - two laws you must obey should you ever wish to head North and visit me.

Goofyernmost

Having spent so much time out of the Disney Bubble this trip, there are two major things that we are seeing everywhere that we don't see at home.

This is a big no-no in Ontario. Handheld devices are prohibited. $490 fine and three demerit points.

2 - People smoking on outdoor patios. You don't see this at Disney, so we were surprised that anytime we are having dinner or drinks outside we are surrounded by smokers. In Ontario, it is illegal (since 2015) to smoke on any outdoor patio, whether covered or not. Prior to that, I believe that you could smoke on an outdoor patio provided it wasn't covered.

There you go - two laws you must obey should you ever wish to head North and visit me.
Before that you could smoke any damn place you pleased. Even hospital rooms back in the days when the entire hospital building smelled of ether.

The south, because of it's dependence on the Tobacco crop, especially here in NC, was the last area to decide that smoking might not be as good for you as they imagined. There still is a lot more resistance here then elsewhere and most outdoor locations are still smoking areas. Check out the history of Durham, Winston/Salem and others. So the area between Richmond, VA and So.Carolina basically came into existence because of tobacco. We have no problem with restricting bathroom usage, but, don't mess with the tobacco lobby.

NYwdwfan

You can't do those things here either. Actually, more aptly put, it is illegal to do them. Jackwagons do both on a regular basis.

Lucky

You see 1 here but not 2. Smokers here are generally viewed as a lower life form.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hubby is bugging me to get another Dooney. I do not need another Dooney, silly boy.

This is the one he likes:
IMG_2238.JPG

I have the smaller one on the right already.
IMG_2237.JPG

More stuff:
IMG_2236.JPG IMG_2235.JPG

I need a landscape oriented print, not vertical.
IMG_2240.JPG IMG_2241.JPG

$55. I want him to get it. Carolina Blue water bottle from The Trophy Room.
IMG_2228.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Between the 20 minute delay for an accident, a five minute detour for a potty break, and the mess that is I-4, we've left it a little late for lunch at POFQ without ruining dinner.

So we are here:
IMG_2248.JPG

Mr. I-Never-Met-a-Carb-I-Didn't-Like had the holiday turkey sandwich.

I don't like him right now. ;)
IMG_2244.JPG IMG_2247.JPG

With chips.
IMG_2245.JPG

I had the usual - bottled water and a slightly mangled protein bar. Just 3g net carbs.
IMG_2246.JPG
Don't feel too bad for me though - there will be steak for dinner. :hungry:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Between the 20 minute delay for an accident, a five minute detour for a potty break, and the mess that is I-4, we've left it a little late for lunch at POFQ without ruining dinner.

So we are here:
View attachment 194777

View attachment 194778 View attachment 194779

With chips.
View attachment 194780

I had the usual - bottled water and a slightly mangled protein bar. Just 3g net carbs.
View attachment 194781
Your not the only one that doesn't like your husband right now ....

NYwdwfan

So we are here:
View attachment 194777

View attachment 194778 View attachment 194779

With chips.
View attachment 194780

View attachment 194781
I had the holiday turkey sandwich in Vegas last week.

Slurp.
Multiple, multiple times.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, now I want to go on the boat over to POFQ for a little walkies, and someone (not saying who) is miffed, saying he (that's a hint) would have waited and had his sandwich over there.

"It would NOT have wrecked my dinner. I'm not going now. Nope, not gonna do it."

Yeah well, waiting another hour would surely have spoiled my dinner.

Do we head toward the boat dock or not? I guess we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom