News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

ToTBellHop

Didn't @Magic Feather or @marni1971 say that UK could leapfrog the possible France attraction, if that is the case...and France is a box with screens and a smooth floor (LPS ride). Wouldn't by some Sherlockian deduction, mean that whatever is happening in UK would be a pretty basic flat ride, walk thru, or movie attraction. Nothing nearly as elaborate as what has been pitched over the last couple of pages.

I wonder how much of France and UK getting attractions, simply has to do with the amount of construction that will need to happen at the IG for the Gondola station/ enhanced security/ increased tapstiles that would facilitate focusing on this side of the park before others.
I specifically said it wouldn't be elaborate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I specifically said it wouldn't be elaborate.

Mary Poppins Carousel...

upload_2017-3-15_19-9-14.png

Princess Leia

Didn't @Magic Feather or @marni1971 say that UK could leapfrog the possible France attraction, if that is the case...and France is a box with screens and a smooth floor (LPS ride). Wouldn't by some Sherlockian deduction, mean that whatever is happening in UK would be a pretty basic flat ride, walk thru, or movie attraction. Nothing nearly as elaborate as what has been pitched over the last couple of pages.

I wonder how much of France and UK getting attractions, simply has to do with the amount of construction that will need to happen at the IG for the Gondola station/ enhanced security/ increased tapstiles that would facilitate focusing on this side of the park before others.
I could have sworn it was Feather, but I can't find the post anywhere :( It's been said (I think by Martin) that the attraction would be anywhere from a B to a D ticket, but if the attraction is relatively easy to put in, I'm going to guess that it's something small (like a carousel) with a M&G next door. If Disney wants synergy, what would be better than a small Poppins-themed ride, and the chance to meet Mary and Bert/Lin-Manuel Miranda adjacent to it?

MCast

I could have sworn it was Feather, but I can't find the post anywhere :( It's been said (I think by Martin) that the attraction would be anywhere from a B to a D ticket, but if the attraction is relatively easy to put in, I'm going to guess that it's something small (like a carousel) with a M&G next door. If Disney wants synergy, what would be better than a small Poppins-themed ride, and the chance to meet Mary and Bert/Lin-Manuel Miranda adjacent to it?

Question: What rides at WDW constitute as a B to D ticket. What's the classification?

MCast

I think the Carousel in MK is a B.

I would consider Grand Fiesta Tour to be a C

Frozen/Little Mermaid to me are D level rides.

Okay, perhaps I'm missing something, but what are these level based on? Popularity? Capacity?

Is a D attraction better than a C? Trying to learn this terminology.

ToTBellHop

Okay, perhaps I'm missing something, but what are these level based on? Popularity? Capacity?

It's more of a feeling. Level of detail, scal, and scope, mostly, but it's highly subjective. Es need to master all three. Highly detailed with tremendous scaleand scope. Like Mansion. Big Thunder. Splash. The carousel is detailed but misses the other two. I fault Midway Mania for missing on detail. Otherwise, it'd be an E.

MCast

It's more of a feeling. Level of detail, scal, and scope, mostly, but it's highly subjective. Es need to master all three. Highly detailed with tremendous scaleand scope. Like Mansion. Big Thunder. Splash. The carousel is detailed but misses the other two. I fault Midway Mania for missing on detail. Otherwise, it'd be an E.

Interesting, okay thanks for explaining. Out of curiosity, why do you feel MWM is missing detail? I really enjoy their queue.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

It refers to the original ticket books that guests bought. They were ride coupons and you only had so many A's, B's, C's, D's, and E's. E-Ticket were the biggest and best.

For example, the following required the following tickets at some point or another:
A: Omnibus, Horse Cars, Main Street Vehicles
B: Swiss Family Robinson Tree House
C: WDW Railroad Steam Train, Peter Pan's Flight, Toad, Snow White's Scary Adventures
D: Skyway, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents
E: It's a Small World, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion

Of course, this has all now changed (and it's really all relative to the person now that the ticket books don't exist), but I believe the terminology is still used inside the company.

ToTBellHop

Because the ride itself is all flat walls.
That's the issue. I don't detest appropriately-utilized screens as much as some. They make some effects possible (and reliable) that wouldn't work as well with practical effects. They can also add depth (imagine four AA Storm Troopers interacting with guests and hundreds shown seemlessly on screens behind. The effect would be impressive). But, they should complement, not supplement physical sets. If Midway Mania had physical sets and AAs with a clear story between games, it'd be a clear E.

The queue is nice and builds a story (whether or not everyone finds it compelling). But it leads to a warehouse where we play a 3D video game, which you can now do from home.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I have no qualms with MWM - It's a fun ride. I'm not going for a story, I'm going to play carnival games.

I get that, and agree with most of it - but it is supposed to set the story that you've been shrunk down to the size of a toy, and you're playing these games under Andy's bed where's he's built this midway. A few AA's and a set or two would have been nice. Other than that, I agree that it's a great ride.

MCast

Walt Disney World built itself on story. Disneyland differentiated itself from carnivals with story.

I like the ride. I was explaining why it is not considered an E.

Understood - I guess the point I was making was do all rides necessarily need a story for them to be considered E-ticket? Are there E-tickets without a story?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom