Perfect Packing List

KrzyKtty

I am now officially less than 90 days till DW day, bored at work, and impatient. So, I am getting together my perfect packing list. It made me think of all of those items we pack that might seem strange, impracticable, or even ingenuous to others.

What are the off the wall things you can't go to Disney without?

I don't have any historically really, but I would like to know yours! This year though we are going with one of those Running Buddy magnetic pouches instead of the dreaded f@nny pack.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
THANK you for the idea of the Running Buddy, I was almost about to buy the (insert scary horror movie music here) ***** pack.
***I always pack a few Clorox or other sanitizing wipes in a snack sized plastic bag to wipe down the remote, door handles and other commonly touched items in the hotel room. Plus a few Wet Wipes in my bag for wiping hands before quick service meals.
We bought them last year and gave them a test run at SIx Flags in Atlanta. They were great. Just enough room for our cell phone (we got a slightly larger version due to the length of our phones,) credit cards, and tickets. They aren't huge, but waterproof, and kept our items in arms reach without digging into bags. They are also very thin and stayed hidden under our shirt most of the time.

Upvote 0

mmnw

Thanks for the poncho link. I should glance at the reviews. I had to cut the slightly nicer/$$ for myself (adult size) and kids (child size). We are not super tall. I feel like once you open them, they are not as compact. Again, I haven't read the reviews, and I'm happy to, but I'll ask my question anyway...do you think these are better than the ones from the dollar store?

And doesn't it rain 2x some days? I always like to reuse/not throw away because it may rain again that day.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I think they are about the same as the dollars store type since they say disposable. But I HATE dragging used ponchos around, so I prefer to just toss. I know it isn't nice for the planet, but I just can't do that to my back anymore.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I bring an extension cord with multiple plugs so we don't have to look for every wall plug to charge our numerous electronics. I bring my own tea bags and true lemon packets, which I also keep in my purse for iced tea out dining. I bring laundry packets, dryer sheets for laundry half way through the trip (extra dryer sheets in luggage make everything smell nice). So much cheaper than buying at Disney. A flat stopper is also handy for sink or tub for a quick hand wash or when the tub drain isn't working. I like to bring a door stop, too, that I put under the door when we're asleep (every trip, not just Disney). Earplugs and sleep mask, too. Travel lighted makeup mirror is handy, and I have a curling iron case that is heat proof inside. The Dollar Store has lots of little Disney finds you can pick up for kids - from sandwich bags to tissue and hand sanitizer. For the holidays I even pack decorations for the room (Easter, 4th of july, xmas, etc). Clothes pins are nice to keep clothes on hangers, or for wet suits or clothes. Or to clip the curtains closed to keep out the light during a day nap. I have lots more, but I'll stop for now! Good luck!

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

I bring an extension cord with multiple plugs so we don't have to look for every wall plug to charge our numerous electronics. I bring my own tea bags and true lemon packets, which I also keep in my purse for iced tea out dining. I bring laundry packets, dryer sheets for laundry half way through the trip (extra dryer sheets in luggage make everything smell nice). So much cheaper than buying at Disney. A flat stopper is also handy for sink or tub for a quick hand wash or when the tub drain isn't working. I like to bring a door stop, too, that I put under the door when we're asleep (every trip, not just Disney). Earplugs and sleep mask, too. Travel lighted makeup mirror is handy, and I have a curling iron case that is heat proof inside. The Dollar Store has lots of little Disney finds you can pick up for kids - from sandwich bags to tissue and hand sanitizer. For the holidays I even pack decorations for the room (Easter, 4th of july, xmas, etc). Clothes pins are nice to keep clothes on hangers, or for wet suits or clothes. Or to clip the curtains closed to keep out the light during a day nap. I have lots more, but I'll stop for now! Good luck!

Love the extension cord idea!

Upvote 0

radiorae

I always make sure to bring disposable ponchos like the other posters suggested. I also bring plastic bags (gallon and quart) -- that way I can protect my phone on water rides, or store any unfinished food (like popcorn or a pretzel) if I don't finish it before getting on a ride. A water bottle is key -- you can fill them up with water either at the water fountains or in the restaurants that have the soda fountains (like Restaurantasaurus). If I know it's going to be hot, I also bring one of those cheap, handheld fans you find in the drug store during spring/summer (the small ones that usually come on a lanyard) -- this helps a ton when it gets to be just a little too hot, especially when you're stuck in line and there's not a lot of air circulation.

Oh! And I also bring a portable phone charger -- I love those things! You'll never have to worry about a dead phone in the parks again.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I always bring liquid soap. I hate using the bar soap for washing hands because it makes such a mess around the sink. Also mini sewing pack with needle and thread for fixing a button. I like having safety pins so when we throw the beach towels over the rail I pin them together and they won't fall down.

EDIT - My count down is 3 sleeps so I printed my spreadsheet yesterday and a few other things I always bring is moleskin, a night light and body glide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LowesChevy

I hate to admit this (must be the **** retentive accountant in me), but I made up a Disney packing list (clothes, food, other essentials) on the computer and printed out several copies which are now on a clipboard hanging on a hook in my closet. I left space to add stuff for a particular trip (Halloween costume and the like). I just cross stuff off the list as I pack. Unlike my daughter, I've never forgotten to pack toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair brush or underwear (yes, she actually forgot to pack them for a week's trip to Colorado - must have been the excitement about the snow, lol). I've perfected my list over the years - but I still end up bringing too much....

Nice to know Amazon has ponchos with sleeves - I hate the $1.99 specials from the grocery store....

I also have an Excel spread sheet that I print out for every trip. Every time you think of something new, you add it and print it off a couple days before you pack. Mine manifested out of anxiety-if it is crossed off on the list it is in the bag I tell myself :rolleyes: I always have fear that I have forgotten items, even though most can be picked up at stores nearby, but who wants to do that?!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I also have an Excel spread sheet that I print out for every trip. Every time you think of something new, you add it and print it off a couple days before you pack. Mine manifested out of anxiety-if it is crossed off on the list it is in the bag I tell myself :rolleyes: I always have fear that I have forgotten items, even though most can be picked up at stores nearby, but who wants to do that?!

I've made a run to Publix on more than one occasion to pick up things my daughter or son in law forgot to pack - toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, razor, shaving lotion, etc. I think my car knows the route to the Publix at Lakeside as well as it does the route to WDW!

Upvote 0

JohnD

• Poncho (for rain or water rides. Cheaper purchased at home instead of at WDW)
  • Lots of 16 oz bottles of water (you can purchase a case from any supermarket for $4.99 vs. one 20oz bottle at WDW for $2.75. Put in frig in room to keep cold. I put one in each net on my backback--two total. When the bottles get warm ask for a cup of ice to pour water into)
  • Coffee Maker (I go solo mostly so take a 1-4 cup model and brew my own coffee every morning because the room may not necessarily have a coffee maker. Bring mugs or coffee cups. If you forget ask for several in food court)
  • Moleskins and scissors (Or purchase the moleskins at the resort gift shop. Cut them up in the room and apply them to feet where needed before leaving for a park. If you forget scissors ask to cut them up at gift shop after purchasing. Take some to park if needed. Leave scissors at the resort!)
  • Portable phone charger. A must. I bring several and charge them in the room. Remember to take charger AND charger cord to connect phone to charger. Saves you from having to find some place to re-charge phone later.
As you can see, easier to bring some items if driving rather than flying. If flying forget bringing scissors and just ask to use scissors in resort gift shop to cut up moleskins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
  • Poncho (for rain or water rides. Cheaper purchased at home instead of at WDW)
  • Lots of 16 oz bottles of water (you can purchase a case from any supermarket for $4.99 vs. one 20oz bottle at WDW for $2.75. Put in frig in room to keep cold. I put one in each net on my backback--two total. When the bottles get warm ask for a cup of ice to pour water into)
  • Coffee Maker (I go solo mostly so take a 1-4 cup model and brew my own coffee every morning because the room may not necessarily have a coffee maker. Bring mugs or coffee cups. If you forget ask for several in food court)
  • Moleskins and scissors (Or purchase the moleskins at the resort gift shop. Cut them up in the room and apply them to feet where needed before leaving for a park. If you forget scissors ask to cut them up at gift shop after purchasing. Take some to park if needed. Leave scissors at the resort!)
  • Portable phone charger. A must. I bring several and charge them in the room. Remember to take charger AND charger cord to connect phone to charger. Saves you from having to find some place to re-charge phone later.
As you can see, easier to bring some items if driving rather than flying. If flying forget bringing scissors and just ask to use scissors in resort gift shop to cut up moleskins.

Not only is the water at Disney expensive, it's that nasty Disani crap....

You should see the back of my car...it's pretty full with all the stuff I bring to Disney - like you I bring my own coffee maker - a Keurig since I drink tea, along with a filtered water pitcher and other necessities beyond clothes.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Not only is the water at Disney expensive, it's that nasty Disani crap....

You should see the back of my car...it's pretty full with all the stuff I bring to Disney - like you I bring my own coffee maker - a Keurig since I drink tea, along with a filtered water pitcher and other necessities beyond clothes.

I tend to purchase Zephyrhills. Dannon comes in a close second. Dasani is nasty.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Because they have a contract with Coca Cola. Hence Dasani water and Club Cool in Epcot among other things.

I know that. But the springs at Zephryhills are how far from Orlando? So instead of Disney telling Coke "everything but your water", we get to drink fortified tap water from New Jersey....

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member

I bring just about everything you listed, including the curling iron, sleep mask and makeup mirror, but I never thought about the door stop. Does it really work to keep out unwanted entry into your room? I'll have to get one for my next trip.

In addition to everything else everyone listed, I pack a nightlight (hate to stumble around in the dark if I have to use the bathroom) and several of those locking suction cup hooks to hang up shower sponges and wash clothes on the shower wall since some tub/showers don't even have a soap dish.

I have this large purple tub that I pack all this stuff in - actually it never gets unpacked, just replenished....

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I bring just about everything you listed, including the curling iron, sleep mask and makeup mirror, but I never thought about the door stop. Does it really work to keep out unwanted entry into your room? I'll have to get one for my next trip.

In addition to everything else everyone listed, I pack a nightlight (hate to stumble around in the dark if I have to use the bathroom) and several of those locking suction cup hooks to hang up shower sponges and wash clothes on the shower wall since some tub/showers don't even have a soap dish.

I have this large purple tub that I pack all this stuff in - actually it never gets unpacked, just replenished....
Yeah, I have a little rubber door stop that works great. I also bring a couple of door hooks for the bathroom door to hang towels. Keeps them off the floor.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom