Obsessed with Moana

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
My daughter is obsessed with Moana... We are coming to the bubble May 28th for a week and I was wondering if there is a meet and greet for Moana and/or Maui yet??

Thanks!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The Lord of Meet and Greets, Kenny the Pirate @thekennypirate (twitter) she is indeed at the studios.

He posted this with his kids.

How-to-meet-Moana-in-Walt-Disney-World-Hollywood-Studios-11.jpg

ZimZim

Yes! I saw some blog posts about the meet & greet from Nov and hoping it's still a go. We're obsessed too! I'm expecting the fever to spread now that she's officially on DVD

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Yes! I saw some blog posts about the meet & greet from Nov and hoping it's still a go. We're obsessed too! I'm expecting the fever to spread now that she's officially on DVD
My friend just went in February and she said that moana was at "Every Man's Dream" in Hollywood Studios. Hoping she sticks around too!!! We're not going until August lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My friend just went in February and she said that moana was at "Every Man's Dream" in Hollywood Studios. Hoping she sticks around too!!! We're not going until August lol
One Man's Dream, not Every Man's Dream :).

But I expect her to be permanent. All of the princesses are, and I expect Moana to be "inducted" before too long.

ETA: I don't think we'll see a Maui. He would be EXTREMELY difficult to cast.

Otterhead

Yeah, they could get the look that way, but Maui really needs facial expressions IMO. He's very Gaston in that way.
Exactly -- he's got to have tons of personality and be able to chat with kids and challenge them to arm-wrestling and such. And if they get a guy who's just kinda bulky, kids will be like 'what happened to Maui? he's all skinny!'

At One Man's Dream in HS. We randomly stumbled upon it when there in late December. Given how popular Moana is, I imagine this will be "permanent" for awhile. Plus, it's a smart way to get people into that Exhibit about Walt, which is awesome. You pretty much have to go through the whole exhibit to get to Moana line.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see her move to Adventureland at some point. It seems like the natural progression of things to move from Hollywood Studios to a more "natural" fit, depending on the character.

Oooh, now that I think of it, does Adventureland have any expansion pads? A Polynesian sub-land would go nicely along with the Arabian village and Caribbean plaza.

Kakamora chase dark ride FTW.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I wouldn't be surprised to see her move to Adventureland at some point. It seems like the natural progression of things to move from Hollywood Studios to a more "natural" fit, depending on the character.

Oooh, now that I think of it, does Adventureland have any expansion pads? A Polynesian sub-land would go nicely along with the Arabian village and Caribbean plaza.

Kakamora chase dark ride FTW.

Adventureland would be perfect for a Moana meet and greet too! Either way, as long we get to meet her we'll be happy and my 3 year old will be extatic!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
The Lord of Meet and Greets, Kenny the Pirate @thekennypirate (twitter) she is indeed at the studios.

He posted this with his kids.

How-to-meet-Moana-in-Walt-Disney-World-Hollywood-Studios-11.jpg
Where did this meet and greet take place at? My daughter would LOVE to meet her. She is still Moana obsessed! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom