The Merch Alert Thread

SuddenStorm

I have a pull-back vehicle toy I bought years ago at the 'Splash Mountain' gift shop at the exit of WDWs version of the Attraction that looks similar to this.
The log has a nice logo on the front, and features pvc figures or Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear inside with their hands up.
Pull it back and the little rubber wheels propell it racing forward.
A fun item, and nicely detailed.

I went looking on eBay a couple of months ago to see if I could find another one just out of curiosity and was surprised at the crazy prices I saw for it ($60 and up ).
This obvious kids toy was originally $7.00 in the early 2000s.
Perhaps it's considered a 'rare collectible' now since most were probably played with and damaged pretty badly.

-

I had one of those! I think it's still at my parents house, if they tossed it there'd be hell to pay....

My best guess is people on eBay have an old Disneyland item, and price it super high expecting people to buy it and severely overestimate it's value. I doubt anyone is actually paying $60 for it.

Figments Friend

Yep, that is it.
I just uploaded a photo of mine...here it is.
$25 still seems a lot for this...I paid $7 at the Park back in the day, but that's the collectibles market for you...

It IS a cool item though.
A nice 'large' size and plenty of detail, plus the fun pull-back racing action.
Glad I have it!

These were sold loose with no packaging or tags at the WDW Splash Mountain gift shop back in the early 2000s.

image_zpstbwvodqw.jpeg

-

Figments Friend

I had one of those! I think it's still at my parents house, if they tossed it there'd be hell to pay....

My best guess is people on eBay have an old Disneyland item, and price it super high expecting people to buy it and severely overestimate it's value. I doubt anyone is actually paying $60 for it.

Agree...I have seen a lot of that across many different 'collectibles' markets.
Just because it has a certain branding or character the seller just automatically assumes its 'rare and valuable'.
This is the cause of some of the truly nutty prices you can see sometimes for the silliest of things.

I always tell folks who are thinking of selling their collectible stuff to do their research.
I also advise that if they look on eBay to see what said items are going for, to only look at the 'finished auctions' section to see what people REALLY paid for a item.
Active listings can be any crazy price and nobody will touch them.
Sold items give you a more accurate idea of what someone might actually pay for it.

-

Figments Friend

Looks like a Happy Meal toy.

I can see a resemblance....but it is a legit Disney Parks merch item that is much larger then your typical McDonald's toy.

You just reminded me that I DO have some Disneyland themed Happy Meal Toys.
Here is a photo I just snapped of the few I have.

McDonald's did a promotion for the Parks' 40th Anniversary in 1995, and released this set of fun toy vehicles.
These doubled as viewfinders, as they each contained a photo scene inside them that could be seen by holding the vehicle up to a light and peering through a hole.

These are the ones I have...never bothered getting the BTMR one ( dislike Pooh ) or the Space Mountain one that exists.
What the heck does Pooh bear have to do with Big Thunder...??
Always irked me..as I LOVE that Attraction but despise Pooh in general.

Shown are the toys for Toontown, Aladdin's Oasis, Lion King Parade, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain.

image_zps8sc1yjcw.jpeg

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yep, that is it.
I just uploaded a photo of mine...here it is.
$25 still seems a lot for this...I paid $7 at the Park back in the day, but that's the collectibles market for you...

It IS a cool item though.
A nice 'large' size and plenty of detail, plus the fun pull-back racing action.
Glad I have it!

These were sold loose with no packaging or tags at the WDW Splash Mountain gift shop back in the early 2000s.

image_zpstbwvodqw.jpeg

-

Its pretty cool. I like the fact the all 3 of em are in there unlike the one I just bought.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Surprised no one has reported any of the cool March Magic (their play on March Madness) merch... Some fun stuff covering both DL and WDW here: https://www.disneystore.com/march-magic/mn/1027901/

Some of these are really cool. Do you know if they are a nice material like the Twenty Eight n Main line or cheap cotton construction type shirts? They look like the latter. I ve never seen any of this at the park. Only online.

dweezil78

Some of these are really cool. Do you know if they are a nice material like the Twenty Eight n Main line or cheap cotton construction type shirts? They look like the latter. I ve never seen any of this at the park. Only online.

No idea, but I'm guessing cheap as well...

Figments Friend

I bought two of the 'March Magic' shirts two years ago and love them.
'Fantasmic! Dragons' and the first version of the Figment themed 'Dreamfinders' team.

Very comfy shirts to wear.
Sized nicely, made out of very soft and comfy thin-to-medium 100% cotton, and they have a quality graphic application.
I have worn them many times in those two years and they still look like new.
The fabric is still in great shape as is the graphic...no cracks, peels, or fading.
I would say the shirts feel very similar to the Twenty Eight & Main line, yes.

Of course, that was how the shirts were two years ago...but all of the online exclusive 'limited edition' Park related t-shirts I have bought through the Disney Store since then have been the same quality with one exception.
The exception was simply due to a different fabric blend ( 50 poly / 50 cotton ).
100% cotton versions are worth getting if you really like a design, as these will not be availible for long and are not sold in the Parks.

Also, the clock is definitely ticking on their availability -
Once a 'team' is eliminated from the online voting game it is deleted from the sales list.
So if you see something you consider a 'must have', BUY NOW before the voting begins!
It may not be there when you go to look again, exspecially the less popular or lesser known Attractions.

The two standout shirt designs this year are the Cranium Commanders and the EWP Sea Serpents.
Cool, unusual...and a first for both I think.

-

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I bought two of the 'March Magic' shirts two years ago and love them.
'Fantasmic! Dragons' and the first version of the Figment themed 'Dreamfinders' team.

Very comfy shirts to wear.
Sized nicely, made out of very soft and comfy thin-to-medium 100% cotton, and they have a quality graphic application.
I have worn them many times in those two years and they still look like new.
The fabric is still in great shape as is the graphic...no cracks, peels, or fading.
I would say the shirts feel very similar to the Twenty Eight & Main line, yes.

Of course, that was how the shirts were two years ago...but all of the online exclusive 'limited edition' Park related t-shirts I have bought through the Disney Store since then have been the same quality with one exception.
The exception was simply due to a different fabric blend ( 50 poly / 50 cotton ).
100% cotton versions are worth getting if you really like a design, as these will not be availible for long and are not sold in the Parks.

Also, the clock is definitely ticking on their availability -
Once a 'team' is eliminated from the online voting game it is deleted from the sales list.
So if you see something you consider a 'must have', BUY NOW before the voting begins!
It may not be there when you go to look again, exspecially the less popular or lesser known Attractions.

The two standout shirt designs this year are the Cranium Commanders and the EWP Sea Serpents.
Cool, unusual...and a first for both I think.

-

Yes I don't remember either of those teams / logos. So is it the 50 % poly that gives the shirts the softer and more refined feel?

Figments Friend

Yes I don't remember either of those teams / logos. So is it the 50 % poly that gives the shirts the softer and more refined feel?

Here is a photo of my two 'March Magic' shirts i bought back in 2013...or was it 2014..?

LOVE the Maleficent one...and would like the 'Dreamfinders' one better without the reference to the dreaded 'Imagination Institute'.
Still a cool shirt though....before they started portraying 'aggressive Figment' on the later shirts -

image_zps5iskhvne.jpeg

The 'March Magic' shirts i have are 100% cotton Disney Parks branded Hanes tees.
Thin to medium soft and comfy cotton.

The one limited edition shirt i bought that was 50/50 and not as comfy is the retro 'Journey Into Imagination' ringer tee reproduction offered last year.
It was not a part of the 'March Magic' series, it was a part of the 'YesterEARs' collection which seems to have gone nowhere.
Love the design, but it's not as comfy to wear.

-

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

That Fantasmic! Dragons shirt reminded me of this shirt I got on Ebay last year.
p.jpg
Sorry for the small photo, it's the best I could find right off the bat and is of the shirt I bought.

It's a glow in the dark Fantasmic! shirt released in '92, with the "Glow in the Dark" sticker and tags still attached. The shirt is brand new and in immaculate condition. The fabric is noticeably thicker than the current material Disney uses for their shirts.

I haven't worn it- I'm trying to decide if it's worth wearing or if it's something I should hang onto and keep brand new. I mean, this shirt is older than I am (and in much better condition ;))

I got it for $20, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I almost missed the listing cause the sell misspelled it as "Fantismic" in the title.

SuddenStorm

They don't sell Fantasmic merchandise, like there's some sort of copyright issue or something.

There was some when they switched F! over to Fastpass, like some special sippers or something. But for as popular as the show was, I was surprised by the lack of F! specific merchandise. There's a lot of opportunity for cool collectibles.

The only other noteworthy bit of Fantasmic! merchandise I have is this poster. It was an official DL poster, a little bigger than 12x18. It was, once again, brand new. The seller said they had it in storage since it was purchased in 1992. The sticker on the packaging (along with the receipt) were included and the original sale price was $2.99 if I remember correctly, I don't have it with me.
latest

Figments Friend

Always liked that poster graphic since the day I first saw it a few years ago.
They should have totally made a black t-shirt with that design on it!

:greedy:

-

disneyC97

There was some when they switched F! over to Fastpass, like some special sippers or something. But for as popular as the show was, I was surprised by the lack of F! specific merchandise. There's a lot of opportunity for cool collectibles.

The only other noteworthy bit of Fantasmic! merchandise I have is this poster. It was an official DL poster, a little bigger than 12x18. It was, once again, brand new. The seller said they had it in storage since it was purchased in 1992. The sticker on the packaging (along with the receipt) were included and the original sale price was $2.99 if I remember correctly, I don't have it with me.
latest
Have had this poster since the early 90s...it's very cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom