Club 32 - Fantasia, Fantasyland Project

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
For all who come to this happy thread, welcome!

3de25a7a4e8f756be1421f3adbf7ce35.jpg

Through the wonderful team over at Club 32, I have been honored to take leadership in the creation of Fantasia experiences in our Fantasyland Project. This thread is for any and all brainstorming for the following:

• Our park's icon, a Castle taking cues from German architecture and featuring cues to both "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000"
  • An attraction held around the castle, preferably a show that pushes the boundaries of what's currently possible
  • Any additional concept involving the franchise if one comes to be!
@kap91 has created some great content so far (if you could repost the stuff you posted in the Lounge, that'd be great!) that we can use to build from. I'll repost the posts I made so discussion can really begin! :D:D

kap91

Here's the map.
IMG_3024.JPG

The Fantasia attraction will likely be taking up the blank plot to the right of the castle. A portion of it may also be in and under he castle courtyard. We have a lot of space to work with. And we'll probably be responsible for at least some of the hub as well.

For the exterior of the castle we've been thinking of using the breadth and overall shape of this castle.
IMG_3038.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG
IMG_3039.JPG

With some added details of this (because i can never spell the name correctly)
IMG_3037.JPG

And the overall palate and some stylizing (glass, color) of Cinderella
IMG_3030.JPG
IMG_3031.JPG

kap91

IMG_3032.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG
The exterior surrounding Fantasia area/hub is inspired by these two images above.

And then interiors.

Interior of the castle might look like this.

IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3044.JPG

The start of the queue for the fantasia attraction
Is inspired by this.
IMG_3042.JPG

And the actual show/ride will be much more stylized and colorful (and least the indoor portion)
IMG_3035.JPG

I think that's everything I posted in the other thread. I think the general idea is we're trying to create an attraction that's all show/ride hybrid that really takes things to the next level. But no one really knows what that means yet. So yeah onward! :)

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
Bullets!
  • I really wanted some impressive furnishes in the castle / attraction queue before we head into Yen Sid's workshop (is it a workshop? I think more Geppetto when I think workshop:confused:). Fountains, maybe colored topiaries. I noticed the picture referenced a possible hub, but I want it to blend so it doesn't feel like a hub and then a castle, if that makes sense.
  • Maybe be able to walk through the castles, and see fixtures inspired all Disney movies?
  • Gothic might clash with German, but I want the walls to feel drab almost. The kaleidoscopic stained glass should stand out. I want the blandness to have it feel like as you get closer to the attraction, the "light" grows further and beautiful, so that you feel like you're in a beautiful observatory or theater to watch Mickey "perform." Ask me to clarify if you don't get what I'm saying.
  • Have characters' shadows frequently appear along the walls?
  • The second shot of Cinderella's Castle, can we recreate that :eek::cry::cry: That's really beautiful... if we stick to the tans and green/blue/purple furnishes, we could maybe bath the castle in baby blues and pinks?
I'll have more about my idea for the attraction tomorrow, don't have the time right now to flesh out an outline.

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

Bullets!
  • I really wanted some impressive furnishes in the castle / attraction queue before we head into Yen Sid's workshop (is it a workshop? I think more Gepeto when I think workshop:confused:). Fountains, maybe colored topiaries. I noticed the picture referenced a possible hub, but I want it to blend so it doesn't feel like a hub and then a castle, if that makes sense.
What about taking some design elements from The Sorcerer's Workshop in California Adventure?
beauty-and-the-beast-disneyland-engagement-0016.jpg

StevenU

Bullets!
  • I really wanted some impressive furnishes in the castle / attraction queue before we head into Yen Sid's workshop (is it a workshop? I think more Geppetto when I think workshop:confused:). Fountains, maybe colored topiaries. I noticed the picture referenced a possible hub, but I want it to blend so it doesn't feel like a hub and then a castle, if that makes sense.
  • Maybe be able to walk through the castles, and see fixtures inspired all Disney movies?
  • Gothic might clash with German, but I want the walls to feel drab almost. The kaleidoscopic stained glass should stand out. I want the blandness to have it feel like as you get closer to the attraction, the "light" grows further and beautiful, so that you feel like you're in a beautiful observatory or theater to watch Mickey "perform." Ask me to clarify if you don't get what I'm saying.
  • The second shot of Cinderella's Castle, can we recreate that :eek::cry::cry: That's really beautiful... if we stick to the tans and green/blue/purple furnishes, we could maybe bath the castle in baby blues and pinks?
I'll have more about my idea for the attraction tomorrow, don't have the time right now to flesh out an outline.
Great job!

orlando678-

As for the attraction, i think it would be cool to start out with an introduction by Yen Sid in his workshop ( a la Mystic Manor) where he creates a portal to this magic world which sends you past the flying whales, dancing flowers, the green sprite and firebird, majestic fish, the sugar plum fairies, greek gods, something past a bookshelf opening up with moving projections coming from the shelf and audio animatronics around it(also objects from disney movies like the poisoned apple, the glas slipper etc) (similar to the crystal grotto ride in Shanghai, well the cavern part itself) and eventually bringing us to the sorcerers apprentice. The brooms will then send you down a big drop ending with a splash. And idk if we want to include this in this ride, but this boat ride could still continue to go past dioramas of pegasus and the other ancient greek creatures.

kap91

As for the attraction, i think it would be cool to start out with an introduction by Yen Sid in his workshop ( a la Mystic Manor) where he creates a portal to this magic world which sends you past the flying whales, dancing flowers, the green sprite and firebird, majestic fish, the sugar plum fairies, greek gods, something past a bookshelf opening up with moving projections coming from the shelf and audio animatronics around it(also objects from disney movies like the poisoned apple, the glas slipper etc) (similar to the crystal grotto ride in Shanghai, well the cavern part itself) and eventually bringing us to the sorcerers apprentice. The brooms will then send you down a big drop ending with a splash. And idk if we want to include this in this ride, but this boat ride could still continue to go past dioramas of pegasus and the other ancient greek creatures.
What if there's an outdoor section that's the pastoral dioramas and then there indoor section is where it becomes becomes a much more immersive ride - projection domes, motion bases, and such.

The Excavator

Bullets!
Could there be an observation deck in the castle? You were mentioning walking inside the castle, that could be a fun walk-through attraction.

MA Screamin'

Original Poster

I like it, here's what I had in mind:

So, the queue is the castle and guests will continue towards the attraction stepping down into the workshop. I picture it almost feeling like a dungeon, to the extent that guests will almost be intimidated by the greatness of Yen Sid and his sorcery. The furnishes need to be clean and, if I'm pulling from the short right, both wooden and stone, not feeling rustic, but clean and trim.

From there, it's really tough. This attraction needs to be classic; it needs to feel like the greatest damn thing Imagineering has ever done. So, the queue can't be bogged down by touchscreens and cheap attempts at interaction or "immersiveness." The only way I see the queue having these features are if they lean entirely on practical effects. Things like dancing water, etc. But even then, it would feel gimmicky. I'm stuck at this point. Maybe the "magic" is busted at the seams in cracks and crevices, or in the objects scattered in the observatory that pay homage to Disney history... and the message at the end is something connected to that, like magic is all around us.

But the main show portion would be in a dome, furnishing to appear like an observatory, but the dome could maybe be very subtle, and maybe just appear like a ceiling (emphasis on the wood/stone though)...

Cal-HT-3.jpg

The centerpiece is an open table with the skull. Yen Sid gives a demo, and then Mickey creates things that more like the sweeping scenes of the film. Then something happens, a giant boom, let's say. And then the theater blasts open! The seats will have transformed into vehicles in the midst of the brewing chaos, then the flume ride begins.

I want to further elaborate, but I really want to watch both the films tonight! I suggest that you guys all check them out, they're both on Netflix.

spacemt354

Chili's
I like it, here's what I had in mind:

So, the queue is the castle and guests will continue towards the attraction stepping down into the workshop. I picture it almost feeling like a dungeon, to the extent that guests will almost be intimidated by the greatness of Yen Sid and his sorcery. The furnishes need to be clean and, if I'm pulling from the short right, both wooden and stone, not feeling rustic, but clean and trim.

From there, it's really tough. This attraction needs to be classic; it needs to feel like the greatest damn thing Imagineering has ever done. So, the queue can't be bogged down by touchscreens and cheap attempts at interaction or "immersiveness." The only way I see the queue having these features are if they lean entirely on practical effects. Things like dancing water, etc. But even then, it would feel gimmicky. I'm stuck at this point. Maybe the "magic" is busted at the seams in cracks and crevices, or in the objects scattered in the observatory that pay homage to Disney history... and the message at the end is something connected to that, like magic is all around us.

But the main show portion would be in a dome, furnishing to appear like an observatory, but the dome could maybe be very subtle, and maybe just appear like a ceiling (emphasis on the wood/stone though)...

Cal-HT-3.jpg

The centerpiece is an open table with the skull. Yen Sid gives a demo, and then Mickey creates things that more like the sweeping scenes of the film. Then something happens, a giant boom, let's say. And then the theater blasts open! The seats will have transformed into vehicles in the midst of the brewing chaos, then the flume ride begins.

I want to further elaborate, but I really want to watch both the films tonight! I suggest that you guys all check them out, they're both on Netflix.
Ah they are on Netflix? I may have to check it out seeing as tomorrow we will be snowed in lol

spacemt354

Chili's
What about a Fantasia attraction for every land, based on separate scenes or new scenes developed in the style of the movies? :jawdrop::confused: Maybe not, but it could be crazy good
Fantasia in every land? Like in Frontierland? lol I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but are their any western scenes.

This idea reminds me of S.E.A. -- we could place Fantasia "hidden mickeys" and clues throughout the park that build a cohesive story together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom