Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Okay, so we have an idea for Haunted Mansion, Elephant Graveyard Restaurant, hydro/hyper (???) Coaster for Bald Mountain.

I think there was also a mention of a Museum of the Wierd, a villains themed meet and greet...any other ideas guys?
That should be enough for now -- tomorrow/Tues I will have more free time! Then I can really get down to business.

MA Screamin'

Hopefully if we have a snow day Tuesday, my timeline will be the same!

I think we could fit one or two more elements, here's the ideas I have, and whatever one you guys like, I'll try to develop:

• A "Nightmare Before Christmas" attraction through the Seven Trees
  • An attraction, maybe a simulator, where a "Ghost Host" tours you through the finest of haunting cinema... maybe comical in the vein of "Young Frankenstein" or more 50's horror films inspired. Would be a stretch, but I love to take thematic risks like this!
  • A attraction like the Museum of the Weird, may it be a more traditional omnimover, or maybe a real walkthrough haunted house

FigmentPigments

Hopefully if we have a snow day Tuesday, my timeline will be the same!

I think we could fit one or two more elements, here's the ideas I have, and whatever one you guys like, I'll try to develop:

• A "Nightmare Before Christmas" attraction through the Seven Trees
  • An attraction, maybe a simulator, where a "Ghost Host" tours you through the finest of haunting cinema... maybe comical in the vein of "Young Frankenstein" or more 50's horror films inspired. Would be a stretch, but I love to take thematic risks like this!
  • A attraction like the Museum of the Weird, may it be a more traditional omnimover, or maybe a real walkthrough haunted house
I love the ideas. The only one I'm iffy about is the Haunted cinema. I'm having trouble connecting it to the rest of the land which is leaning towards mideival.

However, I really like the idea and maybe we can move it to a main Street area *especially I've we go funny with it. It's too good of an idea not to use!:inlove:

I would like to see the Museum of the Weird be an actual walkthrough. I think we have a lot of rides and an actual area were people can take their time and get involved in the atmosphere.

This could be a golden opportunity to have some great special effects and maybe even reference other Disney attractions with haunted/creepy themes like cursed gold from Thunder Mountain (may not work for the time period), aztec gold piece referencing the Pirates movie, a music box since one is in ever haunted mansion, the Persian music box as seen in Mystic Manor, the idol from Harrison Hightower or at least a drawing or painting (these are just easter eggs not the main focus).

Each cursed object can perform a series of different actions like the candle man reaching out to guests.

What are everyone's thoughts on this possibly being a restaurant?:cautious:

MA Screamin'

I love the ideas. The only one I'm iffy about is the Haunted cinema. I'm having trouble connecting it to the rest of the land which is leaning towards mideival.

However, I really like the idea and maybe we can move it to a main Street area *especially I've we go funny with it. It's too good of an idea not to use!:inlove:

I would like to see the Museum of the Weird be an actual walkthrough. I think we have a lot of rides and an actual area were people can take their time and get involved in the atmosphere.

This could be a golden opportunity to have some great special effects and maybe even reference other Disney attractions with haunted/creepy themes like cursed gold from Thunder Mountain (may not work for the time period), aztec gold piece referencing the Pirates movie, a music box since one is in ever haunted mansion, the Persian music box as seen in Mystic Manor, the idol from Harrison Hightower or at least a drawing or painting (these are just easter eggs not the main focus).

Each cursed object can perform a series of different actions like the candle man reaching out to guests.

What are everyone's thoughts on this possibly being a restaurant?:cautious:

I agree with it all, the restaurant is the only thing I'd be hesitant with. What did you have in mind?

FigmentPigments

I agree with it all, the restaurant is the only thing I'd be hesitant with. What did you have in mind?
Honestly, it was just a quick thought and a possible way for people to really take their time to see all of the details. I was inspired by the skippers canteen that always felt like they could've done so much more but didnt. Maybe the lights would dim ever half hour and the Haunted objects all come to life and depending on where people are sitting, objects react differently. ????

It's totally okay if we don't want to go that route. I was just trying to find a way where we don't have to shove people through quickly and maybe miss all of the cool things.

MA Screamin'

Honestly, it was just a quick thought and a possible way for people to really take their time to see all of the details. I was inspired by the skippers canteen that always felt like they could've done so much more but didnt. Maybe the lights would dim ever half hour and the Haunted objects all come to life and depending on where people are sitting, objects react differently. ????

It's totally okay if we don't want to go that route. I was just trying to find a way where we don't have to shove people through quickly and maybe miss all of the cool things.

Maybe have both a walkthrough and restaurant? It would all be tied into the land, so there's nothing stopping it except overkill, I suppose.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
No worries! :cool:I just wanted to know for my own personal info ( I've fallen behind in the main thread and trying not to here). Take your time. I hope nothing is going too bad.
Lol I'm in the same boat -- I feel like I'm leaving people hanging because I can usually keep up.

Tomorrow if everyone is still willing I'm going to have some time to look everything over (and I'll make that synopsis/recap thread @kmbmw777 suggested)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Lol I'm in the same boat -- I feel like I'm leaving people hanging because I can usually keep up.

Tomorrow if everyone is still willing I'm going to have some time to look everything over (and I'll make that synopsis/recap thread @kmbmw777 suggested)
The good news is everyone is doing a great job and some neat ideas are coming out of this!

And like MA said -- if anyone has ideas now is the time to throw them out there!

* cough @tcool123 if you are interested:p:D

tcool123

To help us design a villains mini-land for a hypothetical fantasyland! If ye be willing!:D
I have an idea from one of the 100 concepts I'm working on the same time. It's not really done, but here are some ideas:

Attractions:

· The Elephant Graveyard : A Lion King themed play area to the Elephant graveyard.

· Bald Mountain : A steel launch coaster which has Yen Sid sending guests to defeat the evil Chernabog.

· Escape from the Underworld : A drop tower ala TOT attraction where guests attempt to escape the Underworld and Hades.

· Sinner’s Inn : A meet and greet location similar to that of Princess Fairytale Hall

· Legends from Sleepy Hollow : A traditional dark ride that has the guests take Ichabod's position, and are chased by the Headless Horseman.

· Mad Madam Mim’s Malicious Magical Whirlers : A teacup flat themed to Mad Madam Mim.

· Ursula’s Shipwreck Swing : A swinging boat flat ride themed to Ursula

· Floatsem - Jetsam: An indoor dueling rollercoaster

Entertainment:

· Meet Maleficent and The Queen at Sinner’s Inn

· Meet Dr. Facilier and Jafar at Sinner’s Inn

Restaurants:

· Nottingham Tavern

Stores:

· Underworld Mercantile

· The Light Spot

· Dr Facilier’s Voodoo Emporium

· Madame Medusa’s Pawn Shop Boutique

· Murky Waters Grotto

FigmentPigments

This was brought up in the main brainstorming thread -- but what would you think of having a swiss village influence to this mini-land...similar to the matterhorn.

Like a "dark" version of the matterhorn and surrounding village of villains?
I'd be okay with that especially if the area tied into the Haunted Mansion area; my only question is would having two mountains in the same area be too much? :bookworm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom