Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

FigmentPigments

Yeah I don't believe any of the versions have been medieval before!
Absolutely. Here is a story that could provide inspiration. I'll think some more on this in the meantime.

The story begins as a Hebridian woman named Thorgunna arrives in Iceland one winter. A local woman named Thuirda notices the rich treasures that Thorgunna possesses, and presses her to come and stay with her at her home in Froda.

Thorgunna refuses to part with any of her precious things, but agrees to stay and work as a servant. Soon Thorgunna falls ill and dies, but leaves behind a warning: her bedding is to be burnt, and most of her effects given to local monks. This, she says, is not out of spite, but as a way to protect the settlement from an evil that is coming.

Inevitably, Thurida can't resist taking the rich bedding of Thorgunna for herself, and sure enough the residents of Froda begin to fall victim to a series of grisly accidents, ghostly attacks, and mysterious plagues. After a funeral feast is held, they are beset by a crowd of walking ghouls that refuse to leave, and which gather around the central fire of the main hall each night.

But deliverance soon arrives when Kiartan, the son of Thurida, engages a local priest to stage a trial. The ghouls are charged with staying unlawfully in the hall, and eventually their leader declares, somewhat petulantly: “We have here no longer a peaceful dwelling, therefore will we remove.”

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Absolutely. Here is a story that could provide inspiration. I'll think some more on this in the meantime.

The story begins as a Hebridian woman named Thorgunna arrives in Iceland one winter. A local woman named Thuirda notices the rich treasures that Thorgunna possesses, and presses her to come and stay with her at her home in Froda.

Thorgunna refuses to part with any of her precious things, but agrees to stay and work as a servant. Soon Thorgunna falls ill and dies, but leaves behind a warning: her bedding is to be burnt, and most of her effects given to local monks. This, she says, is not out of spite, but as a way to protect the settlement from an evil that is coming.

Inevitably, Thurida can't resist taking the rich bedding of Thorgunna for herself, and sure enough the residents of Froda begin to fall victim to a series of grisly accidents, ghostly attacks, and mysterious plagues. After a funeral feast is held, they are beset by a crowd of walking ghouls that refuse to leave, and which gather around the central fire of the main hall each night.

But deliverance soon arrives when Kiartan, the son of Thurida, engages a local priest to stage a trial. The ghouls are charged with staying unlawfully in the hall, and eventually their leader declares, somewhat petulantly: “We have here no longer a peaceful dwelling, therefore will we remove.”
Thank you! This actually will help -- I'll definitely be pulling from this.
Btw did you just write this now? :hilarious: If so -- smashing job!:geek:

FigmentPigments

In a way it could! It would also make sense to have the villains take over the Haunted Mansion during the holiday.

What if the HM was at the foothills of Bald Mountain? And the surrounding dark forest area blended in with the scenery.
You got me on a role... so after Mickey or Yen Sid bans Chernabog from the Fantasia-castle attraction, he infiltrates Bald Mountain, haunting the Haunted Mansion :geek:
This could work very well. At the start of Bald Mountain on Walpurgis night, ghost of knights and their horses rise from their graves.

FigmentPigments

Just a quick throwaway idea: how do you guys feel about it being loosely based on Bluebeard? o_O

It would be kind of a nod to one of the crypts at the Haunted Mansion.
haunted_mansion_bluebeard_large.jpg

MA Screamin'

Haunting of Frodriver is our medieval theme, a second ghost, a connoisseur of fine cinema and modeled in the Mel Brooks-style could handle a traditionally-frightful show, and the Museum of the Weird could be hosted by a "ghost host" of it's own? We can put more thought into this, or if you guys like the more-specific medieval approach, that sounds great too! Wanna help right that script with whoever ends up fleshing it out!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Haunting of Frodriver is our medieval theme, a second ghost, a connoisseur of fine cinema and modeled in the Mel Brooks-style could handle a traditionally-frightful show, and the Museum of the Weird could be hosted by a "ghost host" of it's own? We can put more thought into this, or if you guys like the more-specific medieval approach, that sounds great too! Wanna help right that script with whoever ends up fleshing it out!
For sure! We'll wait for @MonorailRed to chime in -- but it'll probably end up being a group effort to do the write up.

I'm not too concerned with detail -- just the general scope of the attraction. I'm going to try to get back to doing artwork for this so I'm probably going to be putting more of a focus on that because a picture can say a 1,000 words!:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom