News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Minthorne

There was a permit filed by PCL Construction Services today for: "ITJ UTILITY RELOCATION & PREP" at the following addresses which seem to correspond to the 6 gondola structure which I have included in italics. I am still trying to figure out what "ITJ" stands for.

1874 Avenue of the Stars - International Gateway Station
251 E Buena Vista Dr - Boardwalk parking lot turn station
785 Studio Dr - DHS Station
1910 Animation Way - AOA/Pop station
1051 Sea Breeze - CBR Station 1
1074 Sea Breeze - CBR Station 2

ITJ Improved Triple Junction (solar cell) ?

COProgressFan

but it's Florida, and it rains all the time... Any open sides would mean wet seats and wet cars... They will have to use AC to make this system work... If it were California like Mickey's Fun Wheel, it might not be as big an issue, but in hot humid steamy rains-a-lot Florida, you need AC.

I truly wonder if anyone who even considered that no-ac cabins could be possible is Florida-based. From the comfort of a climate controlled cubicle in Glendale, it might seem feasible, but for anyone who knows anything about central Florida weather, it seems crazy.

I'm sure adding some form of climate control is both costly and adds significant weight to the cabins, but it is a necessity.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I truly wonder if anyone who even considered that no-ac cabins could be possible is Florida-based. From the comfort of a climate controlled cubicle in Glendale, it might seem feasible, but for anyone who knows anything about central Florida weather, it seems crazy.

I'm sure adding some form of climate control is both costly and adds significant weight to the cabins, but it is a necessity.
Only an idiotic bean counter would make such a stupid decision.

TimeTrip

I still think it would be somewhat reasonable if there was a large fan on top that sucked air out of the cabin continuously.

Code:
  --------------
    <-- FAN -->
/------  ^ ------\
|        |       |
|                |
|      CABIN     |
|                |
\------- ^ ------/
  --> intake <--
    ----------

Pretty much the AC without the compressor/condenser and exchange. Perhaps a much stronger fan to make it always feel breezy inside (although admittedly warm on hot days)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I still think it would be somewhat reasonable if there was a large fan on top that sucked air out of the cabin continuously.

Code:
  --------------
    <-- FAN -->
/------  ^ ------\
|        |       |
|                |
|      CABIN     |
|                |
\------- ^ ------/
  --> intake <--
    ----------

Pretty much the AC without the compressor/condenser and exchange. Perhaps a much stronger fan to make it always feel breezy inside (although admittedly warm on hot days)
I have to admit that since you won't be riding in one of these for very long - say under 10 minutes, as long as there is good air flow, it really wouldn't be that different from walking from EPCOT to the Swan or Dolphin.

ETA: But boy will people complain in July if it stops for 1/2 hour or more for some reason while they are on it. Yeeech!!

TimeTrip

I have to admit that since you won't be riding in one of these for very long - say under 10 minutes, as long as there is good air flow, it really wouldn't be that different from walking from EPCOT to the Swan or Dolphin.

ETA: But boy will people complain in July if it stops for 1/2 hour or more for some reason while they are on it. Yeeech!!
It would be even cooler than the walk since the roof essentially provides shade, and you're sitting instead of moving. As long as the windows are HEAVILY tinted.

TimeTrip

Interstellar Transit Journey. They're installing wormholes.
Matthew McConaughey in a glass enclosed transport without AC
CXXGu6bWQAA2A36.jpg

Skyman1971

There was a permit filed by PCL Construction Services today for: "ITJ UTILITY RELOCATION & PREP" at the following addresses which seem to correspond to the 6 gondola structure which I have included in italics. I am still trying to figure out what "ITJ" stands for.

1874 Avenue of the Stars - International Gateway Station
251 E Buena Vista Dr - Boardwalk parking lot turn station
785 Studio Dr - DHS Station
1910 Animation Way - AOA/Pop station
1051 Sea Breeze - CBR Station 1
1074 Sea Breeze - CBR Station 2
I mean they even call the boardwalk location a "turn" station. You have hit it right on the head!

jt04

Some of you play along with getting trolled I would assume or you are stuck in some spirited ground hog day nightmare. In either case it isn't pretty.

jt04

I just highly doubt they will have a cutting edge new transport system that is not air conditioned. Sure they may have priced different options because the board would expect that but that does not mean it was seriously considered. Plus consider who stirred this most recent pot of controversy. He has a bad habit of that. Just saying.

Time will tell on the AC vs no AC. I know what I believe.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just highly doubt they will have a cutting edge new transport system that is not air conditioned. Sure they may have priced different options because the board would expect that but that does not mean it was seriously considered. Plus consider who stirred this most recent pot of controversy. He has a bad habit of that. Just saying.

Time will tell on the AC vs no AC. I know what I believe.

Thanks, I just wasn't clear on which point of discussion you were referring to.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Only an idiotic bean counter would make such a stupid decision.

I will never understand why so many here consider it okay to denigrate Disney cast members doing there jobs. Would you like someone coming on an internet board trashing how you do your job? This is far the first time it's happened and I just do not understand why some consider it appropriate.

Bocabear

I will never understand why so many here consider it okay to denigrate Disney cast members doing there jobs. Would you like someone coming on an internet board trashing how you do your job? This is far the first time it's happened and I just do not understand why some consider it appropriate.
doing "their" jobs... and don't be so sensitive snowflake. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because only someone who is pinching pennies, despite the resort making Billions in profit every year, would even consider not making their guests more comfortable in the Florida heat with A/C that would only cost them in the tens of thousands of dollars. If I did my job this way, I would absolutely expect to get trashed on an internet forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom