Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Metal detectors at DHS. Only "random" selected guests had to go through them. We did not. :D

IMG_5781.JPG

Streetmosphere performers were out. These girls were invited to "walk the red carpet" to the entrance.

IMG_5782.JPG

Mimi Kaboom and her sidekick were flirting with passers-by.

IMG_5783.JPG

Found a lonely Photopass photographer.

IMG_5794.JPG

Guess the Star Wars stage is a permanent thing. Tried to capture the theater without it.

IMG_5784.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Using our first FP here:

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

While we may have posed for the picture, the real scary part happened after we finished the drops. Our elevator did not back up and turn sideways as usual. We just sat there. And sat there. Then the auxiliary light went out and we were in TOTAL darkness. And we could hear things powering down.

The young girl next to me whispered to her dad, "Why did the light go out?" I felt sorry for her as she hadn't been too excited to be on they ride in the first place.

Our elevator began to move backwards very slowly...and stopped...moved a bit more....made the turn and the door opened.

Dad and daughter were the first ones off!

A big pile of unattended backpacks (the same variety we had to dodge in the food court) outside ToT. This would give TSA employees a heart attack!
IMG_5792.JPG

Woodywrkr

Saturday, February 18

When I asked for strawberry waffles, the CM started to pour on strawberry syrup. I asked if I could have fresh strawberries and he retorted: "Those are for the yogurt parfaits. I will give you some today, but don't come back tomorrow expecting them."

Alrighty then. Duly noted.

Tomorrow, order the parfait with strawberries but request that the waffles be substituted for the yogurt. That'll show 'em.

Dad 2 M & M

Methinks Disney purchased generic handles to attach to their leftover inventory of handle-free mugs.

View attachment 190403
Not even sure what this thread is about...but you got me on that handle thing....have you noticed they are down to four mug colors? Blue, Red, Purple, and Red? We've been down three times this year, already, and the last two trips they had only Blue and Red available. We stayed at Music, and checked Sports and Movies too (I know you have to be saying, seriously dude, that was your mission?). Anywho, where did you get that mismatched handle mug?

Woodywrkr

We were surrounded by Disney bloggers who had media passes. I had no idea what to expect, but the colors and fountains were beautiful. IMO, the soundtrack was not as moving as other nighttime spectaculars. I would like to see it again now that I know what to expect.

Post over...entering Hollywood!

You really got some impressive night shots of the RoL. It is really hard to get that level of color and clarity especially considering all the movement going on. Well done!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not even sure what this thread is about...but you got me on that handle thing....have you noticed they are down to four mug colors? Blue, Red, Purple, and Red? We've been down three times this year, already, and the last two trips they had only Blue and Red available. We stayed at Music, and checked Sports and Movies too (I know you have to be saying, seriously dude, that was your mission?). Anywho, where did you get that mismatched handle mug?
Not my mug but all the ones at Pop Century have the white handles. And I have noticed others (in strollers like the pic above) with the white handles as well.

P.S. This is a trip report. ;)

Dad 2 M & M

Not my mug but all the ones at Pop Century have the white handles. And I have noticed others (in strollers like the pic above) with the white handles as well.

P.S. This is a trip report. ;)
Thanks....I'll check out Pop in March.....maybe many resorts have them now...and I'll bet you are correct it's the generic fix to the ones without handles....

Pirate Magic

We picked up a snack to share in the food court. We did not know what kind of cupcake it was (there was no sign) but Em said the chocolate icing looked good.

View attachment 190076

It was a chocolate strawberry cupcake! :hungry: Inside were real strawberries.

View attachment 190077

We have both been awake since 4:30 am and it's time for bed. We need to be up early for EMH, so we'll see you tomorrow!

The cupcake looks delicious!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom