Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Original Poster
We were the last ones to climb aboard the Pop bus and were serenaded the entire 18 minute ride by a screaming, inconsolable 6-month-old. (Em and I did feel bad for his parents!)

We briefly popped into our room for cold drinks and a couple items needed for tonight. Then we jumped into the car and sped off to AK. I always forget how close Pop is to AK ~ less than 10 minutes.

AK still has the old metal detectors. They were making everyone walk through them.
IMG_5720.JPG

New Passholder entry:
IMG_5721.JPG

We'd made a 4th FP for the Safari. The FP line was a bit lengthy.
IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5723.JPG

It was a great expedition. The following less-than-stellar quality pics are mine.

Hippo out of water!
IMG_5725.JPG

Giraffes are back, yay!
IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

Hello zeeba neighbor!
IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

The lion sleeps tonight.
IMG_5731.JPG

Tuvalu

Original Poster
After our safari, Em went in search of an adult libation.

IMG_5735.JPG

She opted for an African Margarita.
IMG_5733.JPG

Before she had a chance to finish, it was time to check in for our Rivers of Light Dining Package. Cause everyone in Florida eats dinner at 4:30 pm. :rolleyes:

IMG_5734.JPG

Mickey arrived at the same time we did.
IMG_5736.JPG

We were seated in the back room.
IMG_5738.JPG

Tuvalu

Original Poster
It was our fastest character interaction dinner ever. The gang came in quick succession, before we even had a chance to check out the buffet.

IMG_5740.JPG

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

The character handler assigned to our room took a liking to Em and spent a lot of time at our table making conversation. I figured I could ask him to take the pictures of us with the last two character friends.

IMG_5761.PNG

IMG_5762.PNG

Tuvalu

Original Poster
The Rivers of Light Dining Package costs $7 more than the regular dinner buffet price. And there are NO discounts ~ no Tables in Wonderland or AP. :bored: Here's a look at some of the food:

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG

The Cape Malay Curry Chicken is a clone of Butter Chicken, minus the cilantro. :hungry:
IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

Wasn't impressed with the carving board selections. We are not fish eaters and the pork shoulder was very fatty and chewy.
IMG_5750.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

The desserts were okay. I thought it was funny that the leftover muffins and danish from breakfast were offered as dessert selections.

IMG_5766.JPG

But let's be honest. The real reason we spent the $$ to eat supper in late afternoon was for these priceless beauties ~
IMG_5765.JPG

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Em and I wanted to walk the tiger trail (we miss our domesticated kitties!) but it had closed early for some reason. There were no more FPs for any rides and we still had 45 minutes to an hour before we were supposed to line up for Rivers of Light (following the 15 to 35 minutes arrival prior to showtime ~ per ticket instructions.)

Then we noticed CMs were allowing Dining Package ticket holders entry. We thought, "Let's go!" and scored first row seats.

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

Time passed quickly (since we could sit and it wasn't 95 degrees-in-the-shade hot) and soon it was dark.

This was the light fixture closest to us:
IMG_5778.JPG

And the lotus flowers during the preshow.
IMG_5777.JPG

Em took pictures during the show and will post her thoughts tomorrow.

Color me very impressed with Rivers of Light! I had not seen a preview nor any concept art (intentional choice) so I had no expectations and was delighted by everything I saw. Beautiful colors!! Visually amazing!! @prfctlyximprct, I am so sorry you missed this ~ you would have LOVED it!!!!!

Goodnight for now. Thanks for following along!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Saturday, February 18

Happy to report no wild parties in our building last night. Noise? Yes ~ but it only woke me a couple times and I was able to go back to sleep.

The Pop food court is slammed this morning with teen females ~ either part of dance/cheer groups or South American tours. Very few adults or families. Em and I had to walk around the entire dining area twice to find a table.

And if one more of them hits me in the back with their backpack......

But I wanted Mickey waffles so had to suffer the consequences.

IMG_5779.JPG

When I asked for strawberry waffles, the CM started to pour on strawberry syrup. I asked if I could have fresh strawberries and he retorted: "Those are for the yogurt parfaits. I will give you some today, but don't come back tomorrow expecting them."

Alrighty then. Duly noted.

TrolleyFollower91

SPOILER: RoL photos coming. I don't know how to do that fancy shmancy spoiler bar.

First, a walk around Asia.

untitled-0072i.jpg

untitled-0079i.jpg

A peek at the bridge. It's like illuminations where the floats appear in the afternoon.

untitled-0078i.jpg

Soon we entered the theater and snagged our first row seats.

IMG_2347.JPG

untitled-0110i.jpg

untitled-0116i.jpg

untitled-0120i.jpg

We were surrounded by Disney bloggers who had media passes. I had no idea what to expect, but the colors and fountains were beautiful. IMO, the soundtrack was not as moving as other nighttime spectaculars. I would like to see it again now that I know what to expect.

Post over...entering Hollywood!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom