• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

BrianLo

Nighttime spectaculars are a popular option due to quick lead time, relatively low cost, and the fact that they are wildly popular and keep guests in the parks for many extra hours.

Ya, it's just been slightly counter to what weve been used to under Iger. Taking Tokyo out of the equation, which always refreshes frequently - DL has done five-six new or refreshed shows since the 60th, HK has rolled out PtN, Paris is slated for things this year and WDW has gone through all the DHS offerings, updating this, the Drone thing and adding RoL. On top of the new entertainment added with Shanghai Disney.

Maybe it's a little premature to call, but if entertainment refreshes are a precursor to attractions, the parks may actually be heading in the correct direction for once.

ToTBellHop

Ya, it's just been slightly counter to what weve been used to under Iger. Taking Tokyo out of the equation, which always refreshes frequently - DL has done five-six new or refreshed shows since the 60th, HK has rolled out PtN, Paris is slated for things this year and WDW has gone through all the DHS offerings, updating this, the Drone thing and adding RoL. On top of the new entertainment added with Shanghai Disney.

Maybe it's a little premature to call, but if entertainment refreshes are a precursor to attractions, the parks may actually be heading in the correct direction for once.
There are those up high who realized WDW was being neglected to disastrous levels. Thus we have seen unprecedented amounts of money released with all four parks receiving major additions over the next four years. Since attractions take a while to come on line, entertainment was looked at across the board.

ToTBellHop

They already touched Spectromagic they better have Jimminy cricket host this show or it's an extra night of illuminations or rivers of light for me
That'll learn 'em! Because it's clearly important to you, I feel compelled to point out it is Jiminy. Funny to me that he's your line in the sand. I happen to like him as a narrator, however. He's classic. But classic is so out. I half expect Johnny Depp to host. As Mad Hatter for the first 9 minutes and Captain Jack for the second 9.

Sweeney Todd for Hallowishes.

Last edited:

VJ

I half expect Johnny Depo to host. As Mad Hatter for the first 9 minutes and Captain Jack for the second 9.

Ah yes, Johnny Depot. Brother of Home Depot, may he rest in peace.

Also, I'd be okay with the aforementioned Johnny Depp show.

SteamboatJoe

Nice. I'll be down there that week and will have the opportunity to bid Wishes! farewell and say hello to the new show. The only downside is that I'll miss Pandora by 2 weeks and really don't know when I will be able to get back down to WDW in the next few years.

bigrigross

This works out perfectly for my trip in May. My wife has never been to Disney World. We are set to go to Magic Kingdom on the 7th and the 11th. We get to begin our trip with wishes and then almost end it with the new show.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That'll learn 'em! Because it's clearly important to you, I feel compelled to point out it is Jiminy. Funny to me that he's your line in the sand. I happen to like him as a narrator, however. He's classic. But classic is so out. I half expect Johnny Depp to host. As Mad Hatter for the first 9 minutes and Captain Jack for the second 9.

And when all the main plot of the new show is over they owe us all a full versed orchestrated version of "When you wish upon a star" because this new soundtrack isn't warm sounding like any of the previous shows in the least bit. I don't even know why they resorted to this show in the first place, forever didn't last and Disneyland went back to their vershion of wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom