• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

rob0519

Well, Wishes is my all time favorite fireworks show at WDW, so I'm somewhat disappointed I won't get to see it one last time before it goes away. A new fireworks show has potential. My concern is that Wishes could, more or less, be watched from anywhere in the park. It didn't have the same effect as head on from Main St., but it was still ok.

With projections on the castle unless you are on Main St. or in the hub, you'll be missing a big part of the show. It just means more people trying to cram into an already impossibly crowded space.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (I added)
  • Sleeping Beauty (I added)
  • The Jungle Book (I added)
  • Beauty and the Beast (I added)
  • Peter Pan (I added)
Can't find what the asterisks mean.
Why is Brave on there and NOT TANGLED? :mad: neither is Inside Out, Pinocchio, nor Finding Nemo. :(

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Well, Wishes is my all time favorite fireworks show at WDW, so I'm somewhat disappointed I won't get to see it one last time before it goes away. A new fireworks show has potential. My concern is that Wishes could, more or less, be watched from anywhere in the park. It didn't have the same effect as head on from Main St., but it was still ok.

With projections on the castle unless you are on Main St. or in the hub, you'll be missing a big part of the show. It just means more people trying to cram into an already impossibly crowded space.
That's my main criticism with Disney Dreams over at Paris. I suppose we'll see.

Donaldfan1934

Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (I added)
  • Sleeping Beauty (I added)
  • The Jungle Book (I added)
  • Beauty and the Beast (I added)
  • Peter Pan (I added)
Can't find what the asterisks mean.
Yikes! I take back my comment saying that all the movies selected were "good and natural" picks. Some of these I just can't see flowing all too well in a traditional Magic Kingdom fireworks show show. How the hell are they even going to get all of those in a 20-25 minute show?

Daveeeeed

Yikes! I take back my comment saying that all the movies selected were "good and natural" picks. Some of these I just can't see flowing all too well in a traditional Magic Kingdom fireworks show show. How the hell are they even going to get all of those in a 20-25 minute show?
Easy... scrap Big-Hero-6, Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen.
Anyway... I'm sure most of the other ones won't have their own scene and will be more like Fantasmic! unless they pull a World of Color. I'd expect this to be very similar to Disneyland Paris' Disney Dreams.

Aladdin, Pirates, Princes and the Frog, The Lion King, and Hunchback are all proven to work very well for castle projections. I'm worried though that it will be a Disney Dreams / World of Color in which it uses a ton of ips excessively. Nothing wrong with using them if you do it right ala Fantasmic! Rivers of Light & IROE still seem to be very good shows, and I am sure this new show will not disappoint. I just hope the score works as well with the fireworks as Iris and Wishes have.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

You brought up a very valid point. I'm curious about how the projections will interact with the Dream Lights later this year. I obviously can't see them removing the Dream Lights, but how would they look along with the projections? Perhaps @marni1971 @MansionButler84 or @Magic Feather has some insight?
The exact same way that Celebrate the Magic and Once Upon a Time work. Shut off the lights. Play the show. Turn them back on after the show ends.

EDIT: On the other hand, will the arches stay or will they be taken down? Because they break the illusion of the transformed castle with a massive silhouette from an angle and I don't think that they would want that for their major nighttime offering.

Last edited:

jpinkc

That makes me sad to see Wishes go..... Electric Light gone now Wishes. I am a bit afraid of the new show. Wishes may have been old but it was a great Show and Display.

culturenthrills

I can't see them keeping the current projection show and this
And Move It Shake It, now at night! ;)

I don't see that changing. They have taken a hit without MSEP to keep people in the park. I am wondering if the start date for the new fireworks was moved it because so many people were leaving the park early. And esp after Wishes the park would really clear out. It is amazing how important that late MSEP parade was in keeping people in the park. I am amazed how dead the park would get after Wishes even when it was a busy time of year.

Sped2424

Are they adding lasers like the ones from Tokyo? Because if so that can make this show NEXT level! As I noticed our version of Once upon a time sadly doesn't have lasers like the tokyo one.

BrianLo

TDO doesn't just rely on Davison anymore. The long term effect is still to be seen.

In a sense, it's not surprising. In the last 2-3 years worldwide there has been a massive amount of new spectaculars, compared to the rate things were happening 5 years ago.

I kind of want to know who is ultimately responsible. Despite the loss of the night parade I'm actually kind of impressed at the rate these things are coming. Are shows more the tip of the Chapek iceberg since they require a shorter lead time than attractions?

ToTBellHop

In a sense, it's not surprising. In the last 2-3 years worldwide there has been a massive amount of new spectaculars, compared to the rate things were happening 5 years ago.

I kind of want to know who is ultimately responsible. Despite the loss of the night parade I'm actually kind of impressed at the rate these things are coming. Are shows more the tip of the Chapek iceberg since they require a shorter lead time than attractions?
Nighttime spectaculars are a popular option due to quick lead time, relatively low cost, and the fact that they are wildly popular and keep guests in the parks for many extra hours.

Bacon

the one thing that drives me nuts is I WISH they'd give more notice !
i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

VJ

Disney should make a fireworks show that has every Disney movie ever released.

Maybe for once no one will complain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom