News Caribbean Beach Expansion

Jon81uk

Why demolish the existing low-rise buildings to add a high-rise? Is it not possible to add the new building on undeveloped land?

TiggerDad

upload_2017-1-18_10-7-27-png.184911

Pond E3 (above the new building in this picture) has a peculiar shape, like its meant to go around something.

Your options now are:
-New building
-Close to food building
-Trinidad South
upload_2017-1-18_10-7-27-png.184911

Pond E3 (above the new building in this picture) has a peculiar shape, like its meant to go around something.

Your options now are:
-New building
-Close to food building
-Trinidad South

Pond E4 is also an odd shape. I think the shape of the large building looks like it is designed to have hotel rooms featuring a water view.

Does this change come with an upgrade of the entire resort out of the Moderate category? Shrinking the number of non-DVC rooms if the rumors are correct about what goes in the multistory tower. They just installed larger TVs and added the murphy beds to many of the rooms.

Jahona

Why demolish the existing low-rise buildings to add a high-rise? Is it not possible to add the new building on undeveloped land?

I was thinking the same thing. Looking more closely at the plans it seems the section of Martinique that is being removed is becoming a water feature. the other large removal could be used as buffer or supporting grounds for the new taller building.

bhg469

Pond E4 is also an odd shape. I think the shape of the large building looks like it is designed to have hotel rooms featuring a water view.

Does this change come with an upgrade of the entire resort out of the Moderate category? Shrinking the number of non-DVC rooms if the rumors are correct about what goes in the multistory tower. They just installed larger TVs and added the murphy beds to many of the rooms.
Moderates aren't that moderate anymore but you're probably right.

I was in my early 20s and I could easily afford/justify the cost of a moderate over a value resort. Now I'm in my late 30s and somehow I got majorly priced out of the moderates..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was really holding out hope for a DVC tower (similar to BLT) on that empty pad...

Also had fantasies of a water canal connecting CBR to a second International gateway on the empty pad in WS :(

O well, still fun to dream
View attachment 184915
There are plans for tower(s). Just maybe not here.

The second Epcot gateway (third entrance) was looked at but so far as I'm aware discounted.

grimb168

Just thinking about this. What is going to be the DVC hook? We own Animal Kingdom Lodge because of the animals, We own Saratoga because of the Downtown Disney (springs) area. Old Key has the Springs, Boardwalk and Beach Club have the back of Epcot, Bay Lake, Poly, Grand Flo and Wilderness have Magic Kingdom.
I can not see someone purchasing points at 165.00 a point for this area just so you can go to the top of the tower and watch both Epcot and Studios fireworks

Slowjack

After doing a quick an rough estimate the new building seems to have about the same size foot print as the parts of either the Swan or Dolphin that hold the guest rooms. So this could easily add a 1000 rooms if it's tall enough.
Anything remotely as tall as a Swolphin building would completely change the character of the resort, though. They've pushed against such boundaries in the past (like the DVC at the Grand Floridian) but this would really take the idea to a whole 'nother level.

peter11435

But if it was a new waterway it would show up in these plans and there would have to be some point on the plans where the work area extended over to Epcot.
What if it was not a water based connection? A walkway would not need sfwmd approval if it had no impact to drainage or waterways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom