Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Tony the Tigger

You said this:

I said this:

I fail to see how I didn't comprehend your post.

If you go back and actually read the discussion from yesterday it was a civil conversation about the topic at hand. I'm sorry if it bothers you that people have different opinions but the point of the boards is to have discussions. WS did have a specific theme when it was conceived and first built. Frostrom does not fit in that theme.

And for the record, I do enjoy the rides (including Frostrom) and it won't stop me from going to WDW or enjoying myself while I'm there. We were having a civil discussion about whether rides based on moves like Frozen, Aladdin, Ratatouille , BatB or other IPs fit into the original theme of WS. It's an academic debate.

And if you go back and read you will see you are misinterpreting one sentence.

Also, I do not accept you as the arbiter of what is or is not authentic to Epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not related to Aus. or Brazil- @marni1971, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you once say that the Outpost expansion pad is now unable to be used, or was that another area? Thanks!

It can be used, just with precaution. Due to the proximity to the marina and the explosives in that area it would have to be blast proof, as it were, and internal in the correct places (like Mexico) as opposed to say the UK.

This has caused issue with past plans but may be able to be fixed for future plans.

Last edited:

21stamps

Food, drinks,dancing, and soccer... wow, you could be speaking about any country on planet Earth. You have completely stereotyped a place with so much more to offer than just entertainment value.
Those are my favorite things about Brazil.. well, I hate their soccer, but I love when my team, Argentina beats them. That and Havaianas, which I think are already sold somewhere in Disney Springs.
When you visit Brazil what do you enjoy? What do your Brazilian friends enjoy? I'm guessing soccer, food, and dancing are probably on the top of their lists. They're a fun people with bad taste in soccer teams ;). Yes it's a stereotype, but a generally true one.
A good empanada and caipirinha in Epcot would be awesome.
You said this:

I said this:

I fail to see how I didn't comprehend your post.

If you go back and actually read the discussion from yesterday it was a civil conversation about the topic at hand. I'm sorry if it bothers you that people have different opinions but the point of the boards is to have discussions. WS did have a specific theme when it was conceived and first built. Frostrom does not fit in that theme.

And for the record, I do enjoy the rides (including Frostrom) and it won't stop me from going to WDW or enjoying myself while I'm there. We were having a civil discussion about whether rides based on moves like Frozen, Aladdin, Ratatouille , BatB or other IPs fit into the original theme of WS. It's an academic debate.

I attempted to have an academic discussion 2 days ago on this thread. I thought it would be interesting, but it failed miserably..

lazyboy97o

Theme is not just setting and aesthetics. World Showcase, and really the whole of EPCOT Center, is about man's achievements. Disney's Animal Kingdom is about how man lives with and should appreciate the non-human wonders of the world. They are two completely different subjects that would not be overlapped if there was more than just shallow setting and slightly matched franchises. There is and always was to be georgraphic and political overlap between the two and it worked because they had very different purposes.

CanadianGordon

It can be used, just with precaution. Due to the proximity to the marina and the explosives in that area it would have to be blast proof, as it were, and internal in the correct places (like Mexico) as opposed to say the UK.

This has caused issue with past plans but may be able to be fixed for future plans.

Wait. Blast proof? :eek:

21stamps

North America: 3 (Canada, USA, Mexico)
Europe: 5 (Norway, Germany, Italy, France, UK)
Asia: 2 (China & Japan)
Africa: 1 1/2 (Morocco & the Outpost)
South America: 0
Australia: 0

If any country is added to the WS, it should be from Africa or South America, but I will make a case for India for another Asian pavilion.

Hopefully a South American country (cough cough) Brazil, will be included someday. Obviously, for all of the reasons I've already stated, and more, I think it would be wonderful.

Even if only Brazil they could offer food, drinks, and different items from the other South American country's. An Argentinian meat stand during F&W..glorious.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully a South American country (cough cough) Brazil, will be included someday. Obviously, for all of the reasons I've already stated, and more, I think it would be wonderful.

Even if only Brazil they could offer food, drinks, and different items from the other South American country's. An Argentinian meat stand during F&W..glorious.
Hopefully Brazil would offer another much needed quality Showcase attraction. There's already enough places to eat and drink.

Mike S

Theme is not just setting and aesthetics. World Showcase, and really the whole of EPCOT Center, is about man's achievements. Disney's Animal Kingdom is about how man lives with and should appreciate the non-human wonders of the world. They are two completely different subjects that would not be overlapped if there was more than just shallow setting and slightly matched franchises. There is and always was to be georgraphic and political overlap between the two and it worked because they had very different purposes.
In Australia's case I could easily see how it would work in both. Epcot gets an area resembling Sydney or whatever and Animal Kingdom gets the Outback.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom