My Disney Experience app on iOS now supports PhotoPass editing

NelsonRD

This is not how I want to memorialize my Disney Vacation. My expectations are around experiences, not touching up a photo, or seeing my name on a TV screen (even when I return home). Disney seems to have lost its way in this digital age, and is failing to realize we go to Disney to escape the digital, computer, video game, TV, interaction to actually experience a safari, to soar around the world, ride a steam train, and to become part of the Tower of Terror story.

Whats next with this app? FaceTime with Mickey instead of actually meeting him?

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This is not how I want to memorialize my Disney Vacation. My expectations are around experiences, not touching up a photo, or seeing my name on a TV screen (even when I return home). Disney seems to have lost its way in this digital age, and is failing to realize we go to Disney to escape the digital, computer, video game, TV, interaction to actually experience a safari, to soar around the world, ride a steam train, and to become part of the Tower of Terror story.

You know you can wait to do that until you get home right?? Just because it's on the app also does not mean you have to do it while you are on vacation or ever. Lol I am excited just because the website it was not as easy to add the borders etc sometimes, and this is going to cut out the need to do it on the very glitchy website. I won't do them while on vacation but will be happy to do it on the app when I get back home. ;)

21stamps

You know you can wait to do that until you get home right?? Just because it's on the app also does not mean you have to do it while you are on vacation or ever. Lol I am excited just because the website it was not as easy to add the borders etc sometimes, and this is going to cut out the need to do it on the very glitchy website. I won't do them while on vacation but will be happy to do it on the app when I get back home. ;)

This is great news to me! I have exactly 928 photos in my photopass right now. It will help to be able to get through them on my phone!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Good for YOU. This isn't how YOU want to memorialize YOUR Disney vacation so that means Disney shouldn't do it? YOU still have the option to ignore this completely, just like I will. OTHER PEOPLE might enjoy this. People are taking pictures and posting them on their vacations already, this just allows them to do it right in Disney's app infrastructure instead of via Instagram or Snapchat.

I'm so sick of this attitude that everything Disney does is illegitimate unless it's exactly the way YOU want to experience their products and services. The self-centered attitude is staggering.

sxeensweet

This is great news to me! I have exactly 928 photos in my photopass right now. It will help to be able to get through them on my phone!

Yep I was ecstatic to see this! The website and having to do it on an actual computer was a pain sometimes. Can't wait to try it after my next trip. ;)

NelsonRD

Good for YOU. This isn't how YOU want to memorialize YOUR Disney vacation so that means Disney shouldn't do it? YOU still have the option to ignore this completely, just like I will. OTHER PEOPLE might enjoy this. People are taking pictures and posting them on their vacations already, this just allows them to do it right in Disney's app infrastructure instead of via Instagram or Snapchat.

I'm so sick of this attitude that everything Disney does is illegitimate unless it's exactly the way YOU want to experience their products and services. The self-centered attitude is staggering.

You missed the point. The point was about more digital additions, and less physical ones.

NelsonRD

I think you vastly overestimate what this cost. It probably didn't even ding the capital budget, as software development on a scale this small is absorbed into operating expense.

Again, not about cost, not about sharing pictures. My comment was a post about the Disney's attention to digital media by digital additions, opposed to focusing on physical experiences and attractions.

NelsonRD

I guarantee you, somebody will be at that park, touching up a photo, over and over, while their kids run wild, unsupervised at the Dumbo play wait area.

sxeensweet

I guarantee you, somebody will be at that park, touching up a photo, over and over, while their kids run wild, unsupervised at the Dumbo play wait area.

That's the same type that would be doing something else on their phone anyway whether it's their pictures or game or being on twitter or Facebook. So this is not going to make someone who doesn't do that do more of that like me. Lol Personalky I could care less what others do with their time at the parks. ;)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Again, not about cost, not about sharing pictures. My comment was a post about the Disney's attention to digital media by digital additions, opposed to focusing on physical experiences and attractions.
"Focus" has absolutely nothing to do with it. The software engineer who specializes in iOS or Android app development can't, by definition, do anything to build a new E-ticket in Future World. His attention isn't being divided because his attention is for a very specific area.

Probably. But that has nothing to do with this. That person will already be touching up their photo on the Instagram app or the Snapchat app anyways. This changes nothing.

21stamps

You don't think they can do that with Instagram, or Facebook?

This annoyance to you is a great thing for me, and probably anyone else who was at WDW recently. Can people just look outside of their own pettiness once in a while?

Look---

IMG_9140.JPG

NelsonRD

That's the same type that would be doing something else on their phone anyway whether it's their pictures or game or being on twitter or Facebook. So this is not going to make someone who doesn't do that do more of that like me. Lol Personalky I could care less what others do with their time at the parks. ;)

You will care someday when you have kids, and one of them is disruptive, and you start looking around to see where the parents are, because nobody is watching their kids.

NelsonRD

"Focus" has absolutely nothing to do with it. The software engineer who specializes in iOS or Android app development can't, by definition, do anything to build a new E-ticket in Future World. His attention isn't being divided because his attention is for a very specific area.

Probably. But that has nothing to do with this. That person will already be touching up their photo on the Instagram app or the Snapchat app anyways. This changes nothing.

Focus has everything to do with it this. They have invested so heavily on MM+ they have to constantly attempt to engage people with it.
The reward here is very little vs the cost and attention it has received. This is not a MM+ rant, rather than a grievance against more technology delivered digitally, opposed to something more meaningful.

sxeensweet

You will care someday when you have kids, and one of them is disruptive, and you start looking around to see where the parents are, because nobody is watching their kids.

I see that all the time but it's not my kids, and would feel the same if I had kids or not, as do many of my family and friends that have kids that go to Disney. We all don't let it bother us this much. Like I said these same people already do it anyway regardless of this new added feature. :)

NelsonRD

I see that all the time but it's not my kids, and would feel the same if I had kids or not, as do many of my family and friends that have kids that go to Disney. We all don't let it bother us this much. Like I said these same people already do it anyway regardless of this new added feature. :)

I understand, and agree. However, it is another distraction, and they keep adding up. You might change your mind when somebody pushes your child (like one did to my 3 year girl in Dumbo) only to find out the parents were too busy putting a cute little border on a photo opposed to watching, or enjoying the moment with their child.

I wonder if I can put a cute border on a picture of future world rotting if it would make it look better?

sxeensweet

I understand, and agree. However, it is another distraction, and they keep adding up. You might change your mind when somebody pushes your child (like one did to my 3 year girl in Dumbo) only to find out the parents were too busy putting a cute little border on a photo opposed to watching, or enjoying the moment with their child.

I wonder if I can put a cute border on a picture of future world rotting if it would make it look better?

Granted no I would not be happy if my child got pushed but it's not a Disney problem or the app it's a society problem. Again even if Disney had no app at all these same people would be causing the same problems by using other social media etc or in general not paying attention. I see this everywhere even on the road not just at Disney. It's not going to change so I just don't let it get to me in that way. If something directly affects me I won't be thrilled but it's the persons fault that does it, not the internets or company's fault. ;)

joshwill

people are allowed to have opinions that differ from yours, arent they?

EthanMagicBands

You guys seems to be missing the bigger story here, which is that the Android version of the app was upgraded to 4.0 (iOS is only on 3.8), which completely redesigned the app to look, feel, and work like the current Disneyland app. MAJOR MAJOR change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom