Pre-Trip Prince Charming's 1st Trip! June 2017

Helloooooooooooooooo humans! :p
b4255e10f60fc8cc0f664ca8904d629e.jpg

After what seems like FOREVER, it's finally getting to the point in my countdown that I can start my PTR! For those of you who don't know me, you can check out my past TR's here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-take-on-disney.914554/

Here we go! :D

Who: I'm Brittany, 24 years old, hardcore Disney diva. I'm the planner, organizer, ADR guru, and FP+ booker. This will be my 9th trip to WDW and the excitement is just as real as it's ever been. :joyfull: I will be accompanied on this trip by my Prince Charming, Dylan. He's 25 years old and has NEVER been to Disney! What is this madness!? He's excited to experience what my life revolves around, but I think that most of that excitement is just to appease me. :rolleyes: I'm sooooo excited to show him what Disney is all about and *cough* convert him *cough*. ;)

We've known each other for years as we grew up just a few towns away from one another. When we were in 9th grade, we messaged back and forth on MySpace (lol) and actually made plans to meet up at a basketball game to hangout. He ended up DITCHING ME! My little teenage heart was broken. :p Fast forward a few years and we ended up going to the same college and crossed paths often. I worked in the campus bookstore and waited on him multiple times, while he worked at a sub shop and made me lunch a time or two. It's funny to look back now and hear each other's "sides of the story" about our interactions. :) Anyway, we reconnected a couple of years ago, finally went on our first date, and the rest is history. Now we're a happy little family. :inlove: We'll have been together for about 2 years at the time of our trip.
image1.JPG

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic: I'm sure that we'll get into a few tiffs because WE CANNOT CHANGE THESE PLANS I SLAVED OVER FOR A YEAR and he'll remind me that yes, we can. It's been a long time since I've been to Disney with a first timer, so I'm going to try really hard to always keep that in mind and SLOW DOWN so he can take everything in. I'm headstrong and obviously have certain things at Disney that I can't miss and things that I don't make time for.. So that alone is going to be a challenge lol. He is my perfect complement and will make me appreciate Disney in ways I never have before. Did I mention that I can't wait!? :D

When: June 6th - June 13th, 2017

How: I'm not sure yet.. It depends on where I can find the cheapest flight. We typically fly Spirit out of Latrobe, however their prices haven't been as reasonable as they once were. I flew Southwest to a conference this summer and the prices weren't bad. Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free." :rolleyes: So we may end up flying Southwest out of Pittsburgh instead. That will also impact what time we arrive which could leave opportunity to visit DS on our arrival day, which I've never done before! The Spirit flight always arrives late at night, but Southwest may give us some other options.

Where: All Star Sports; Every year I consider staying at a moderate or AOA, but I just don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the extra cost. I asked Dylan which of the All Star resorts he wanted to stay at and he thought Sports looked awesome! It's where I stayed last year, but I actually loved it there so don't mind staying again! :)

Other: We have PhotoPass/Memory Maker.. I'm still not sure what the proper thing to call it is lol. I've gotten it on my last two trips and it's SO WORTH IT. We're also on the Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, and 3 SC per day). I tried it for the first time last year and loved it. I don't feel guilty about getting what I want, regardless of price, it makes it easier to budget for my meals since it's included in our package price, and DESSERT. :p

So there you have it! This is my most anticipated trip yet and the next 180 days are (hopefully) going to fly! Back to you soon with our ADR's! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Today was our 180 mark, so let's talk about one of the most exciting parts of the planning process! :hungry: I was up and ready at my computer to book our reservations at 6am sharp, but of course the website was down. I logged in and out, restarted my browser, tried different days/times/restaurants, tried two computers and the app on my phone, EVERYTHING. I was freaking out. But the pixie dust flowed at 6:30am and everything magically started working! I've never had this much luck with ADR's.. I was getting "time match" for every reservation I wanted (meaning the time I selected was available, rather than being given other options around that time.) I'm so excited with what I got! :D

I tried to make our reservations for later in the evening because last year I was often still so full from lunch that I couldn't finish my meal at dinner. So hopefully this will work out and if we do get hungry through the day, we always have snack credits!

Tuesday, 6/6: No ADR's. This is our arrival day and we won't be doing any parks. Depending on what time our flight gets in, we'll just grab a QS meal at either Disney Springs or the resort food court.

Wednesday, 6/7:
Lunch @ Be Our Guest (11:30am) This is my FAVORITE restaurant on property, and though I prefer dinner (so I can see my man :inlove:), lunch is just as good and you have the same meal options. This is such a good use of a QS credit and I can't wait for GREY STUFF - it really is delicious. Plus.. French Onion Soup!!!!

Dinner @ Grand Floridian Cafe (7:05pm) This was a recommendation from @Tuvalu and I'm really excited to try it out. It seems like this may be a hidden gem.:)

Thursday, 6/8:
Lunch @ whichever QS place in the World Showcase we're in the mood for. I like to snack a lot when walking around WS, so that'll also come into play. :)

Dinner @ Garden Grill (7:00pm) This was my favorite new restaurant that I tried on my last trip. I loved everything about it! The food is phenomenal and the character interactions aren't rushed. The characters actually ended up coming to the table more than once!

Friday, 6/9:
This will be our "rest day," and Dylan will be golfing in the morning. I'm planning on going with him, but I'll just ride in the cart. :) I'd like to do a little bit of resort hopping as well as Disney Springs, especially if we don't make it there on our arrival day. There's a pizza place at DS that I saw in another TR that I'd like to try, so that may be lunch. I also want to try the Coke Sampler at the Coke Store and Ample Hills at the Boardwalk! :hungry:

Dinner @ California Grill (9:00pm) I still cannot believe that I got this!!!! We're going to get to watch Wishes! from the California Grill!!! :D When the website was malfunctioning, this was the one I was sure I would never get. The Disney gods were on my side!

Saturday, 6/10:
This is our AK day, so lunch will be QS at Flame Tree BBQ. :p It's been (I think) 3 years since I've been to AK! Dylan is going to golf again in the morning, so we won't get there until a little later. Hopefully we're able to hit everything with a late start.

Dinner @ Sanaa (7:50pm) This is one that I've had my eye on for awhile thanks to @lostpro9het and his rave reviews. I'm not really an adventurous eater so it makes me a little nervous, but I MUST HAVE THE BREAD SERVICE. :hungry: Any excuse to visit AKL is okay in my book.

Sunday, 6/11:
This is our HS day, and we all know the food options here are limited. :depressed: Hopefully something sounds good to us and we can grab a QS meal.

Dinner @ 'Ohana (7:00pm) I've heard so many good things about this place that I couldn't possibly take another trip to WDW without trying it for myself! I love the Poly and pictures that others have posted make my stomach growl! :p

Monday, 6/12:

We'll be back at MK this day so lunch will be a QS option there.

Dinner @ Kona Cafe (7:05pm) This is another one that I've seen lots of positive reviews for and the pictures look amazing! Plus, we'll be at the Poly. ;)

Tuesday, 6/13:

Departure day :cry: It already makes me sad to think about. Where we eat lunch will depend on what time our flight leaves. If it's later, I'd like to hop back to DS to grab something. If it's earlier, we'll either eat at the food court or at the airport.

That covers our planning for now! Thanks for reading and I'll post additional plans as they become available. :)

Last edited:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Loving your plans so far! My husband had never been to Disney before either until I took him... twice in 2015 :D. The first time I was so stressed out trying to make sure he got to see and do EVERYTHING just in case I could never get him to go back LOL. So the second trip I made sure to slow down and enjoy things more. My next trip will just be with my mom, but I'm hoping to go back with the hubby late next year :). Oh and you will NOT regret Ohana.. so Good!!! :hungry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Loving your plans so far! My husband had never been to Disney before either until I took him... twice in 2015 :D. The first time I was so stressed out trying to make sure he got to see and do EVERYTHING just in case I could never get him to go back LOL. So the second trip I made sure to slow down and enjoy things more. My next trip will just be with my mom, but I'm hoping to go back with the hubby late next year :). Oh and you will NOT regret Ohana.. so Good!!! :hungry:

I have the same mindset! I need him to love it so I need him to experience everything that is amazing.. But that's pretty much ALL OF DISNEY. :eek: He's so relaxed and easy going so I worry that this kind of "vacation" is going to be overwhelming for him. But I'm terrible about spending much downtime at the room, in the pool, etc. because I feel like I'm "missing out" on something in the parks. The struggle is real!

'Ohana is one of my most anticipated meals of the trip! I got so many great ones.. I can't wait!!!

Longers

Oh how I wish I was going to Disney soon :(.
And fingers crossed Dylan finds the love of Disney you have (if not it's time to split up - only joking)
You might find that he teaches you some new things, or makes you look at things differently. Sometimes we get set in our ways and because it has always been that way we don't question it but others might. That was evident this year with my brother - we had quick service dining plan and last year I asked if I could swap meals for snacks and was told no - so I told him no but he asked and bingo you can now (and 1 meal is 3 snacks) needless to say it only came to light about 4 days before we left so that was a lot of snacks we bought home :)
I'll be looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yay!! Our trips overlap again, but I don't think we are in the same parks on any day!:( Hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Go figure! Maybe things will change and we'll end up crossing paths. :) I hope you have a fantastic time, too!

Oh how I wish I was going to Disney soon :(.
And fingers crossed Dylan finds the love of Disney you have (if not it's time to split up - only joking)
You might find that he teaches you some new things, or makes you look at things differently. Sometimes we get set in our ways and because it has always been that way we don't question it but others might. That was evident this year with my brother - we had quick service dining plan and last year I asked if I could swap meals for snacks and was told no - so I told him no but he asked and bingo you can now (and 1 meal is 3 snacks) needless to say it only came to light about 4 days before we left so that was a lot of snacks we bought home :)
I'll be looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

Your next trip will be here before you know it. :) I hope he falls in love with it, but as long as he will tolerate future trips, I guess that'll be okay. :) You're exactly right about him teaching new things and changing my perspective.. I'm so excited to experience my first love with him. :inlove:

LisaBelle

Brittany I am soooo excited that you started your pre-trip! Your plans look awesome! Sorry you had such a nerve racking experience making your ADRs! You scored great ones! Glad you got everything you wanted. You will absolutely love watching Wishes from California Grill. One of my favorite moments from my last trip. I also love BOG and Kona (although I've only had breakfast at Kona). I've never been to Sanaa or Ohana, but both are on my list of must try TS restaurants. Keeping my fingers crossed that Dylan will be converted to loving all things Disney as much as you do! I will be following along!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Great restaurant choices!! Sanaa is one of my favorite places to eat! The food is good and I love the big windows surrounding the restaurant so you can watch the animals.

I'm so happy with everything that I got! I stayed at AKL when I was younger, but appreciate it so much more as an adult. Hopefully the weather is nice and the animals cooperate. :)

Brittany I am soooo excited that you started your pre-trip! Your plans look awesome! Sorry you had such a nerve racking experience making your ADRs! You scored great ones! Glad you got everything you wanted. You will absolutely love watching Wishes from California Grill. One of my favorite moments from my last trip. I also love BOG and Kona (although I've only had breakfast at Kona). I've never been to Sanaa or Ohana, but both are on my list of must try TS restaurants. Keeping my fingers crossed that Dylan will be converted to loving all things Disney as much as you do! I will be following along!

Thank you! I'm so happy with all of my ADR's. :) I think that watching Wishes from CG with Dylan is going to be so special! I wouldn't want to share that experience with anybody else. :inlove: I've read so many good things about both Sanaa and 'Ohana, so I'm super excited to try them for myself! Thanks for following! :D

I am soooooo excited for you!!!!! I can't wait to read about all your dining, I swear you influenced so many of my decisions! Lol!!!! Enjoy your pre trip feelings, the time truly flies. I miss my countdown... can I come?!? ;)

My life revolves around food.. What can I say. :hilarious: It's so hard to slow down and enjoy the pre feelings because I just want the trip to be here!!! But after it's all over, I miss those pre feelings so much! Must. Enjoy. Feelings.

Can you come??? Uhhhhh YESSSSSS. Although Dylan might have second thoughts about continuing our relationship after seeing two Disney freaks (princesses) do Disney together. :hilarious:

I'm enjoying your pre-trip excitement! :happy:

Thanks for following! :)

Dylan is extremely laid back and "go with the flow," while I tend to get stressed easily and can be a little high strung. :angelic:

:hilarious: Haha - that is us to a T, so I can relate. Looking fwd to following along.

Lol! Glad I'm not alone. Thanks for reading. :)

Doc Disney

YAY! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!

Plus, I love the option of taking TWO suitcases for "free."

This is the best/worst part of Southwest. I was never a light packer....but now I'm even worse if I can take 2 suitcases :( haha

Dinner @ California Grill (9:00pm) I still cannot believe that I got this!!!! We're going to get to watch Wishes! from the California Grill!!! :D When the website was malfunctioning, this was the one I was sure I would never get. The Disney gods were on my side!

Thats so awesome!!! I love CG!!!! My recommendation would be to say you are celebrating something even if you aren't. You tend to get a better table for the fireworks this way :)

Dinner @ Sanaa (7:50pm) This is one that I've had my eye on for awhile thanks to @lostpro9het and his rave reviews. I'm not really an adventurous eater so it makes me a little nervous, but I MUST HAVE THE BREAD SERVICE

I'm totally not an adventurous eater, but my sister and I ate here last trip and really loved it. Especially the bread service. Probably could have just eaten that honestly :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
YAY! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!

This is the best/worst part of Southwest. I was never a light packer....but now I'm even worse if I can take 2 suitcases :( haha

Thats so awesome!!! I love CG!!!! My recommendation would be to say you are celebrating something even if you aren't. You tend to get a better table for the fireworks this way :)

I'm totally not an adventurous eater, but my sister and I ate here last trip and really loved it. Especially the bread service. Probably could have just eaten that honestly :)

Thank you!! :D I'm pretty good about packing but always end up with so much stuff in my carry on for the flight home because of all the souvenirs that I buy lol. It would be so nice to be able to have that extra space so I don't have to take a massive carry on that breaks my shoulder!

Do you put that in your reservation notes or just mention it when you get there? I forgot to mention it in my original post, but I'm graduating with my Master's degree in May so I actually will be celebrating!!! I'd also like to be celebrating an engagement but we'll see about that. :rolleyes: Thanks for the tip!

It makes me feel better that you loved Sanaa! I'm sure I'll find something that I like, however I might also be totally stuffed from the bread service and it won't matter. :hilarious:

DimpledDevil18

I'm so excited to be hearing your plans for your upcoming trip! I know you've been talking about taking this trip with your bf, so I'm glad to see that it is becoming a reality. Sounds like you have great ADRs planned! I only ate at Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast so I can't say much about dinner, but it is very pretty in there and gives you a great chance to explore the resort. Can't wait to hear more of your plans as they unfold. I hope he catches the Disney bug!

Doc Disney

Thank you!! :D I'm pretty good about packing but always end up with so much stuff in my carry on for the flight home because of all the souvenirs that I buy lol. It would be so nice to be able to have that extra space so I don't have to take a massive carry on that breaks my shoulder!

Do you put that in your reservation notes or just mention it when you get there? I forgot to mention it in my original post, but I'm graduating with my Master's degree in May so I actually will be celebrating!!! I'd also like to be celebrating an engagement but we'll see about that. :rolleyes: Thanks for the tip!

It makes me feel better that you loved Sanaa! I'm sure I'll find something that I like, however I might also be totally stuffed from the bread service and it won't matter. :hilarious:

I would probably call ahead and let them know! Congratulations on almost being done with your Masters! Thats so exciting! It would be extra exciting to celebrate an engagement too :) It is definitely nice to have an extra suitcase for souvenirs :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
I'm so excited to be hearing your plans for your upcoming trip! I know you've been talking about taking this trip with your bf, so I'm glad to see that it is becoming a reality. Sounds like you have great ADRs planned! I only ate at Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast so I can't say much about dinner, but it is very pretty in there and gives you a great chance to explore the resort. Can't wait to hear more of your plans as they unfold. I hope he catches the Disney bug!

Thank you!! I'm so excited that we're finally making a dent in the planning and the countdown. :) I love the GF and can't wait for Dylan to see it.. And maybe take a casual walk past the wedding pavilion while we're in the area. :rolleyes:

I would probably call ahead and let them know! Congratulations on almost being done with your Masters! Thats so exciting! It would be extra exciting to celebrate an engagement too :) It is definitely nice to have an extra suitcase for souvenirs :)

I will do that.. Thank you so much! It's such a good feeling to finally have the end in sight! Lol.

DonnaOnTheRocks

I have the same mindset! I need him to love it so I need him to experience everything that is amazing.. But that's pretty much ALL OF DISNEY. :eek: He's so relaxed and easy going so I worry that this kind of "vacation" is going to be overwhelming for him. But I'm terrible about spending much downtime at the room, in the pool, etc. because I feel like I'm "missing out" on something in the parks. The struggle is real!

'Ohana is one of my most anticipated meals of the trip! I got so many great ones.. I can't wait!!!

I think the biggest mistake I made with my husband's first trip is I made our FP's too close together mixed with our ADRs. So we would get off one ride and then have to book it to the next then book it to lunch/dinner, so we were constantly in a hurry and didn't have time to wander and take it all in :oops:. Rookie mistake!:rolleyes: That was also before you could add more FP's after the 3rd. He's very easy going too so he was fine with everything that I planned (EXCEPT Garden Grill) but his favorite part of every night was going back to the hotel and getting a drink at the bar and just hanging out for a few hours.

So excited for your trip! I need to rewrite my PTR, it was deleted for some reason:(

blreinsel

Original Poster
I think the biggest mistake I made with my husband's first trip is I made our FP's too close together mixed with our ADRs. So we would get off one ride and then have to book it to the next then book it to lunch/dinner, so we were constantly in a hurry and didn't have time to wander and take it all in :oops:. Rookie mistake!:rolleyes: That was also before you could add more FP's after the 3rd. He's very easy going too so he was fine with everything that I planned (EXCEPT Garden Grill) but his favorite part of every night was going back to the hotel and getting a drink at the bar and just hanging out for a few hours.

So excited for your trip! I need to rewrite my PTR, it was deleted for some reason:(

That's definitely something to think about. Right now my tentative plan is to have the first hour or so with no FP+'s since crowds will still be low and we can hit some rides with minimal waits.. Then do our FP+'s for mid-morning/early afternoon.. have lunch and then an open afternoon to schedule more FP+'s or whatever we feel like doing. Dinners are at about the same time every night so that'll kind of have us into a routine at least somewhat. Planning for this trip is so much different than what I'm used to! I do like the idea of ending the evenings with a drink and relaxation though. :)

Sorry to hear about your PTR.. What a bummer! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom