Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza - (permanently?) closed

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here's a thought. Maybe they can squeeze the busts in over at GMR courtyard. I think that would be a pretty good fit, no matter what direction the park takes. So long as GMR remains . Although I'm not sure how long that will actually last given the Mickey rumors.

The Orlando Sentinel article says that they are being returned to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They will be adding things within SWL and other areas, yes, however, what's the point of getting rid of the busts? The park is about entertainment/show business, they still fit the theme imo.

It's sort of sad to see them go if true. It's a small space too, not much they can really do with it. We'll probably get a M&G or something there. :rolleyes:

And.......... What is the point of removing this? :confused:o_O

Meh, every few minutes the First Order of either wandering out on patrol or waiting for Phasma to turn them into a boy band. The place is being given reinvented no matter how much you want to try and hold onto that crumbling sandcastle. I had a blast this morning during early extra magic hours. My wife and I literally were on Midway Mania for an hour just cycling through.

"Why do we have all this building space devoted to this guy? What's he ever done for this company? Besides, we need to promote our newest film. Corporate synergy is more important that some old guy who just happens to be named after this company!"

"Walt who?" How I feel about 90% of the decisions TDO has made this decade. I'm not one of those "Walt would be turning in his grave" people but you get the jist
While not "technically" griping, these are all from just the first page of this thread. How do you see these? As positive comments lauding it?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I see this as people expressing their opinions on it. Nothing wrong with negative opinions.
I have no problem with negative opinions either - except that people were expressing them before knowing the full picture. If it had been reported that they were never coming back - sure complain away. Why not wait to get the full and correct picture before spouting off nonsense and complaints???

Jon81uk

I have no problem with negative opinions either - except that people were expressing them before knowing the full picture. If it had been reported that they were never coming back - sure complain away. Why not wait to get the full and correct picture before spouting off nonsense and complaints???

We still don't know if they are coming back. The academy might leave them in a warehouse and do nothing with them, or destroy them or they might put them on display somewhere.

The fact they are going to the Academy doesn't mean they will be on public display. Also we don't know if it was Disney's idea or the Academy's idea to remove the area.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We still don't know if they are coming back. The academy might leave them in a warehouse and do nothing with them, or destroy them or they might put them on display somewhere.

The fact they are going to the Academy doesn't mean they will be on public display. Also we don't know if it was Disney's idea or the Academy's idea to remove the area.
OK, good point there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
While not "technically" griping, these are all from just the first page of this thread. How do you see these? As positive comments lauding it?

Describing how insignificant a sculpture garden is to an entertainment venue ? Just set dressing that's interchangeable with other props or plantings for atmosphere.

You'd have as much success campaigning to reduce the number of perforations between the individual sheets on a roll of paper towels than trying to halting the company plans for their facilities.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Calling out people for expressing opinions without knowing the full picture would be a full time job here, just not worth it.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I see this as people expressing their opinions on it. Nothing wrong with negative opinions.
... or cluelessness. It's the factless musings of the clinically uniformed that make the online world go round.

It gets really interesting when two opposing pseudo-fact spinners argue over who is less informed.

It's our own little Carousel of Progress. After a century of talk, we end up right back where we began...

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Nov. 19. The sign is gone, but the vines remain.

IMG_8775.JPG

elchippo

Sad. New meet n greet possibly? Since the Animation Building always housed the revolving door "new release" meeting spot, this might actually be a great spot for that from a marketing standpoint. High visibility and such.

What am I saying? They took away the busts! Boooo!!!!

J. D.

Sad. New meet n greet possibly? Since the Animation Building always housed the revolving door "new release" meeting spot, this might actually be a great spot for that from a marketing standpoint. High visibility and such.

The revolving meet and greet is going to be in One Man's Dream. Moana will be appearing there possibly as early as tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Nice try it won't be a M&G for Star & Marco, it's a food and drink eatery instead.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom