Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2016

21stamps

How about Canadians? We celebrated our Thanksgiving weeks ago.

Are we exempt from this edict?
I don't live in Canada. I live in the U.S.A. Our Thanksgiving is not until 19 days from today.

I don't live in Canada but DW already told me the lights and tree will go up before American thanksgiving. Better pull out the ladder.

Also been listening to Christmas music for 2 weeks while I work
I understand putting lights up. I don't understand subjecting your neighbors to lights on.

If we have to get approval to change the color of our shutters we should be able to have an HOA mandate on Christmas lights prior to Thanksgiving.lol

Color me Scrooge.

Last edited:

21stamps

Do lights hurt your eyes or something?
I actually love Christmas lights. I love that my neighborhood does a luminaria display through the entire subdivision...starting Black Friday. I still have my Fall flair out right now..it will remain until Thanksgiving and then I make the switch.

I just don't like seeing lights before Christmas...I feel the same way about the mall. Maybe it's Nostalgia, maybe it's just that I love Thanksgiving- because it is the one Holiday that is strictly about giving Thanks, not Gifts. I hate to see it skipped over by Christmas starting the day after Halloween.

Edit-- here's a good rule of etiquette... If Fall soccer is still going on- Winter holiday lights shouldn't be up :)

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

I still think the ratio of wreath to arched arm is off. Plus the candle in the middle is massive. The wreath needs to be about 2 foot bigger.

edit: should have said I still think.. not I still this... oops

Last edited:

Hyperspace Hoopla

Can anyone help with some character locations at the MVMCP? We've been before so we have a good idea, but I'm trying to fill in some blanks. Specifically, do you know where Nick and Judy are meeting?

I hate to ask here, but I'd rather not feed the pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom