Walt Disney World Christmas Parade Taping

COProgressFan

Because its Christmas parade is lousy and outdated compared to the current MVMCP parade in Florida, and even that is a shadow of the MVMCP parades in the early–mid 2000s, which were 20+ minute spectacles featuring four live bands and a massive paddleboat.

Oh, how I miss the old Christmas parade...

Loved all the live music back then.

raymusiccity

Oh, how I miss the old Christmas parade...

Loved all the live music back then.

Looks like there's no going back to the good ol days for awhile. This is exactly what's been happening to the Macy's 'Christmas' Parade. You'd be hard pressed just to find one marching band that's even allowed to play a Christmas song as they go by. The television coverage has morphed into a series of Broadway show tunes and individual 'celebrities', that are interrupted for a minute or two by an actual parade or a glimpse of a balloon going by! :(

prberk

But you can avoid having to buy a MVMCP ticket, so it's totally worth it...... Shudder. Don't know if you could pay me to be there at that time.

Of course they make it up in the seasonal increase in food prices (another upcharge that only recently existed) and hotel prices.

Otherwise I actually enjoy going at that time -- but for me it's about the atmosphere at that time, not so much about the standard rides; so the crowds don't bother me, and actually add to the festive feel at that particular time.

asianway

But you can avoid having to buy a MVMCP ticket, so it's totally worth it...... Shudder. Don't know if you could pay me to be there at that time.
To me the shows are tired, the only thing worthwhile is the parade, and since they run it 2x, you can usually see it without too much trouble. All depends on when you visit really

WildRide

I'll be in the parks the weekend all of this is going on (not by choice). When will we find out what performances are happening where and who? Want to try and avoid where crowds will be heaviest.

surfsupdon

Of course they make it up in the seasonal increase in food prices (another upcharge that only recently existed) and hotel prices.

Otherwise I actually enjoy going at that time -- but for me it's about the atmosphere at that time, not so much about the standard rides; so the crowds don't bother me, and actually add to the festive feel at that particular time.
I have been lucky enough to travel Christmas thru New Years for 6 Disney vacations. You are absolutely right. The crowds add to the festive feel, and it forces us to try new rides, shows, entertainment, instead of a normal routines. It is such a great time to be in the Parks; I actually prefer it to most other times of the year. Everything is open super late, and there is entertainment everywhere you look. We would be there more often if Disney dropped its night by night pricing scheme.

NearTheEars

If you're local and you only go to see the parade and show, it's not too bad. You have to get there early though. Last year they had us park in the grass.

Unfortunately we can't do that this year since we are blocked out Christmas week.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

CwRsvvZVIAAfQN0.jpg

Zjg1NGFiNWMyNCMvNTFHNjM4TFFSMWNfaVlVMkxydzF5bUJ5d0l3PS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20veHpmYWRmZGZ0c2FwcnRpZ2VtMDFpaXVxaXlzbWh0dWtsajN0ejljYm10d2lsZmZvc3doa2V6cHd2Z3J4dTBpbi5naWY.gif

tirian

Still can't top this

That was the best Christmas performance Disney ever had.

Edit: This was also back when the performances were excellent, and the production didn't rely on two-second cuts with looped screaming to make things "exciting." From 2011–2014, the parades were almost unwatchable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom