The Town Center construction

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Monday, August 29. Sometime ago, these tiles were added to the four insets on the second level escalator platform at the Lime Garage, as well as above the two elevator doors.

View attachment 157986

View attachment 157987
thanks for the photos @WDWtraveler, question. How good is the illumination at night?
I noticed it was pretty dark when I was there by january. But then.. springs was a long way to be built.

Next Big Thing

Origins and Luxury of Time recently opened in the Town Center. Not sure of exact dates but both were walled off last week.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I doubt it would be anything todo with fire protection, or they would not have been allowed to open.

I do not work in this area or have any knowledge way a full certificate of occupancy was not issues on this job. I can tell you that I have had project given a conditional certificate of occupancy for fire protection if the owner agreed to provide a 24/7 fire watch. A local security company was hire to have someone walking the halls of the building until the final system came on line, So it can happen for short periods of time if the government issuing the certificate of occupancy wants it to for some reason.

WhatJaneSays

I don't recall it being 365 Days of Christmas. The sign and area had little pull-off calendar pages around it but I don't ever remember seeing a "365" on the sign.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, March 1, 2018. Construction walls have reappeared on both sides of the former Pleasure Island bridge. From the scaffolding on the left side of the photo (and other scaffolding positioned under the bridge), and the fact that the stringed light bulbs have been removed from the bridge arches, it appears the bridge will be repainted soon.

IMG_0259.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, March 16, 2018. Here is the new color scheme for the old Pleasure Island bridge. The above grade structure is a dark gray, with a blue/green hue (the color is much darker and grayer than in the photo). The beam at the base of the bridge is painted black, with all the understructure black also. This is the only section that is painted. The remaining parts of the bridge still have scaffolding and are covered with beige construction cloth to hide the ongoing work.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMDREW

Is there any hope of the cheesecake factory coming to Disney Springs? I do love that restaurant and seeing it in Disney Town in Shanghai gave me some hope!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom