Main Street Electrical Parade dining package replaced with Festival of Fantasy dining

THEMEPARKPIONEER

FoF isn't running twice daily, this is just replacing the dining package. I'm sorry to hear how you feel about (in my opinion) one of the best parades ever created by any of Disney's entertainment teams.
Well to me the Magic Kingdom is the one place I actually like shows with full symphony orchestras and whitty music like the electrical parade. Paint the night music to me is just like any other every day music. I like the work that was put into it but the music and theming to me wasn't a true castle park attraction. I like it but not on Main Street USA.

jrhwdw

Mentioned no extra FOF times in the MSEP/PTN thread, but just thought of something this morning: maybe they wanted to expand the dining package to every day? Since MSEP or anything in it's place(I Hope!)is only select nights with the parties?

ninjaprincesst

Sorry, but this statement begs for this. I highly doubt one or two events are going to spoil your Magical Disney Experience.

wahmbulance.jpg
Maybe so but I think it's legitimate when they pull the bait and switch after you have already booked. They are advertising an April opening and now can't even produce November that is 7 months after the posted opening, I mean that is just insane. And they yank the night time parade for Disney land that already has a nighttime parade and leave Disney World with nothing? They are whining about attendance being down but they keep closing stuff and delaying openings? It takes them forever to do anything I mean look it took them two years to yank the polar bears out and replace them with Elsa.

Last edited:

Greg H

Tried to book this today, but it seems that for our trip dates anyway, it is only happening on Christmas party dates.... The CM's I spoke with said they are likely still trying to iron out the details and to keep calling as new dates might be offered later.

carolina_yankee

I have zero faith in ROL ever happening, when we booked in February ROL was supposed to start in April and now with our trip 7 monts after that date no ROL and Ak closing at 6pm! It's just very frustrating when you finally get to take someone very important to you to your favorite place on earth after all these years and everything we had him hyped up for either is being yanked away or just not happening at all.

Having taken friends for first visits, I truly understand the desire for it to be as perfect as possible. When we took a friend a few years ago, we hyped Expedition Everest. Talked about how cool it was, etc. We made it sound so important to us that our friend didn't have the heart to tell us she was scared to death of roller coasters. She rode it on her first day. She sobbed for 30 minutes afterward and went back to the resort for a 3 hour nap. We now refer to it as the "Ride that broke K." The next day, she went back to the parks, experienced them her way, and had the most amazing time and is a huge Disney fan.

We can't take others with the mind that they'll see the parks the way we see them. They'll experience them the way they like them. Leaving room for that is what makes a magical trip.

Likewise, Walt said the parks would be forever evolving and changing. Yeah, it sucks when something important to us goes away, but dozens of other awesome opportunities remain. For a newbie, it can all be pure magic.

As for RoL - Disney got caught by surprise on that one, for whatever reason. Kudos to them that they at least got a temporary show in place to offer something (whatever one's opinion of the show is). That couldn't have been cheap to do on short notice. Yeah, it's gone - but that does hopefully mean RoL is soon to debut. If not - just enjoy the rest. If you and yours are such Disney fans, no way this could be the last trip.

As the song says, "More to do than could ever be done . . ."

Dirk

ninjaprincesst

It is pretty obvious this trip isn't about introducing her significant other to the fun that can be had at Walt Disney World. Sounds like this trip is all about HER desires and everyone else can either enjoy EVERYTHING she does or they can suck it. Pathetic and a great way to turn anyone off from Disney
Im pathetic because I want everything I have been telling him about to be available? And I never said he can't go to illuminations I just said I hsve not been hypeing it up because I don't like it. i just want everything we have been telling him about to be available and it's not going to be. I feel responsible for the lack of ROL and MSEP because I talked about it and made him look forward to it, and now they dont have them and I cant fix it

ninjaprincesst

Having taken friends for first visits, I truly understand the desire for it to be as perfect as possible. When we took a friend a few years ago, we hyped Expedition Everest. Talked about how cool it was, etc. We made it sound so important to us that our friend didn't have the heart to tell us she was scared to death of roller coasters. She rode it on her first day. She sobbed for 30 minutes afterward and went back to the resort for a 3 hour nap. We now refer to it as the "Ride that broke K." The next day, she went back to the parks, experienced them her way, and had the most amazing time and is a huge Disney fan.

We can't take others with the mind that they'll see the parks the way we see them. They'll experience them the way they like them. Leaving room for that is what makes a magical trip.

Likewise, Walt said the parks would be forever evolving and changing. Yeah, it sucks when something important to us goes away, but dozens of other awesome opportunities remain. For a newbie, it can all be pure magic.

As for RoL - Disney got caught by surprise on that one, for whatever reason. Kudos to them that they at least got a temporary show in place to offer something (whatever one's opinion of the show is). That couldn't have been cheap to do on short notice. Yeah, it's gone - but that does hopefully mean RoL is soon to debut. If not - just enjoy the rest. If you and yours are such Disney fans, no way this could be the last trip
As the song says, "More to do than could ever be done . . ."

Thanks for making me feel a little better, and I know DD an I will be back just dont know about BF.

Dirk

ToTBellHop

Im pathetic because I want everything I have been telling him about to be available? And I never said he can't go to illuminations I just said I hsve not been hypeing it up because I don't like it. i just want everything we have been telling him about to be available and it's not going to be. I feel responsible for the lack of ROL and MSEP because I talked about it and made him look forward to it, and now they dont have them and I cant fix it
I doubt he will care.

Call Festival of Fantasy the MSEP and call Fantasmic! Rivers of Light. He won't be able to tell the difference as he's never been before.

This elaborate ruse will provide excitement!

Or continue being an Eeyore, ruin his first visit so he never wants to return, and cry a lot.

Your choice.

trampdog

Is this the worst thing that has ever happened to you? Anywhere? Anytime?

It's not the end of the world. In my over half a century of life, I have been disappointed many times. Guess what? I'm still here!

If there is something I missed or want to see again, I just go on youtube and watch some of the umpteen videos of it.

If it is unacceptable to you, then cancel your trip and take the refund. Then book a trip to DL and see it.

Whining about it on the InterWebs is not going to change it. Just stop it already, smile, and be happy you are going to DW.

James Norrie

Wow... Got a trophy for participating, huh? This is WDW. There's so much to do it would take almost a year to see everything, but heaven forbid you hyped 2 things up and now they're not there! I just got back 2 weeks ago. The stuff I thought I'd like this trip, some of it I didn't. The things I thought I would hate, I enjoyed. Let DBF decide what he likes, get over your heartache, and enjoy your trip! I was upset Dinosaur was down, did it ruin my trip? NOPE! I got to ride EE 4 times and that was Gucci!

And I wouldn't call WDI morons... considering how much engineering and programming goes into a show like RoL, I'd venture to say they've got a sizeable brain trust... JM2C

21stamps

I doubt he will care.

Call Festival of Fantasy the MSEP and call Fantasmic! Rivers of Light. He won't be able to tell the difference as he's never been before.

This elaborate ruse will provide excitement!

Or continue being an Eeyore, ruin his first visit so he never wants to return, and cry a lot.

Your choice.
My mother basically told me something similar when I had my own meltdown on my son's first trip.
First I was devastated that after booking I realized Pirates was closed. Then, I was devastated that we missed festival of fantasy. Then I was devastated that he fell asleep during MSEP. And then I was devastated that he fell asleep the first night we were watching wishes from our balcony. Most of all I was devastated because my kid had just had a meltdown on day 3. In the Happiest Place on Earth.

Luckily she slapped some sense into me via 4G LTE. I was running him ragged trying to get him to experience everything that I had done over the years...trying to create the "perfect trip". In reality, he didn't know what he missed, and me trying to run us from one thing to the next was definitely the opposite of magic. From that point on our vacation improved tremendously.

ninjaprincesst

My mother basically told me something similar when I had my own meltdown on my son's first trip.
First I was devastated that after booking I realized Pirates was closed. Then, I was devastated that we missed festival of fantasy. Then I was devastated that he fell asleep during MSEP. And then I was devastated that he fell asleep the first night we were watching wishes from our balcony. Most of all I was devastated because my kid had just had a meltdown on day 3. In the Happiest Place on Earth.

Luckily she slapped some sense into me via 4G LTE. I was running him ragged trying to get him to experience everything that I had done over the years...trying to create the "perfect trip". In reality, he didn't know what he missed, and me trying to run us from one thing to the next was definitely the opposite of magic. From that point on our vacation improved tremendously.

Thanks for that, it's nice to know Im not the only one having stressed out meltdowns, I'm just going to try to look at all the good things and focus on those

Launchpad McQuack

My wife and I may need to keep this in mind for our upcoming trip. It will be our daughter's first, but she'll only be like 15 months old at the time of the trip, so I think we're going to have to keep reminding ourselves that a) we can't run her ragged the whole trip and b) she won't remember any of this, so we need to make sure to spend time really appreciating how she reacts to everything she does like because we will remember it forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom