News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

OvertheHorizon

A few random thoughts:

1) I much appreciate Martin's thoughts on the potential for the future of Epcot. Recognizing that what's coming may not be the way we "Epcot Center" purists would like it, it's promising that plans for revitalization may be taking shape.
2) We fans of WDW have had to learn patience when it comes to change. The company that built Disneyland in a year and a half and Epcot within three years now takes as long to renovate a single pavilion.
3) I pray for Universal to announce its third Orlando gate SOON, on the theory that news will accelerate the pace of change at WDW. Competition helps, folks!
4) With regard to Epcot, removal of the mausoleum, re-painting the Communicore buildings, and a strong statement of their intentions (i.e. new Mission Statement for what has been Future World), and possibly a preview center with plans and models we can drool over while we are waiting - will go a long way toward helping my patience. :)

Mike S

A few random thoughts:

1) I much appreciate Martin's thoughts on the potential for the future of Epcot. Recognizing that what's coming may not be the way we "Epcot Center" purists would like it, it's promising that plans for revitalization may be taking shape.
2) We fans of WDW have had to learn patience when it comes to change. The company that built Disneyland in a year and a half and Epcot within three years now takes as long to renovate a single pavilion.
3) I pray for Universal to announce its third Orlando gate SOON, on the theory that news will accelerate the pace of change at WDW. Competition helps, folks!
4) With regard to Epcot, removal of the mausoleum, re-painting the Communicore buildings, and a strong statement of their intentions (i.e. new Mission Statement for what has been Future World), and possibly a preview center with plans and models we can drool over while we are waiting - will go a long way toward helping my patience. :)
Uni's third gate is still a ways off even though it's very obvious why they bought all that land. It's better to just focus on and be excited for* what's coming to the current parks :)

*Except Fast & Furious. No one's excited for that and rightly so :facepalm:

WDWdream97

Are they gonna redo the front of Epcot on the sly while most publicity is focused on Hollywood (insert new noun)? Or will TDO and WDI officially announce this?

Mike S

I heard that more height balloons were see

*and except a jimmy fallon ride.
Lol. That one could at least have humor going for it and be a more fitting placement than Twister was in the New York section. F&F is just bad all over and from recent aerial construction photos there will be no big changes from Hollywood like they did for Kong :(

scarr13311

I had read in an article that there are rumors floating around that Disney is going to take out Ellen's U of Energy and put in a Guardians of Galaxy roller coaster ride, anyone else hear that rumor?? Hope they don't take away Tower of Terror at HS and put Guardians ride there, like they are doing out at Disney California Adventure, love Tower of Terror.

Phicinfan

I had read in an article that there are rumors floating around that Disney is going to take out Ellen's U of Energy and put in a Guardians of Galaxy roller coaster ride, anyone else hear that rumor?? Hope they don't take away Tower of Terror at HS and put Guardians ride there, like they are doing out at Disney California Adventure, love Tower of Terror.
yes, rumor was out here first about GotG coming to Ellen's Energy. There is a thread here on it

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep there is a 3000+ post discussion about it here - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-coming-to-epcot.915061/

Daveeeeed

OK thanks have not been on the forum for a while so behind in reading all the rumors :)
Essentially as it stands, it can probably be compared best to Escape from Gringotts, except with a backwards launch, and the Innoventions plaza area and entrance will receive updates.

SpaceMountain77

When Test Track 2.0 opened, I sincerely believed it put the Future back in Future World with its blend of emerging technologies from industry and edutainment. Personally, I thought it marked the beginning of a new Future for Future World, a modern look at how technology available to us today will create the world of tomorrow. It certainly is no World of Motion, but embraces some utopian spirit.

I only wish a similar approach had been taken for Energy 3.0.

bhg469

When Test Track 2.0 opened, I sincerely believed it put the Future back in Future World with its blend of emerging technologies from industry and edutainment. Personally, I thought it marked the beginning of a new Future for Future World, a modern look at how technology available to us today will create the world of tomorrow. It certainly is no World of Motion, but embraces some utopian spirit.

I only wish a similar approach had been taken for Energy 3.0.
Isn't this a huge bummer for epcot fans? It really does put a fork in any idea that it will have a on actual theme anymore.

They might as well put up a transport between DHS and epcot and call it one park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom