Sum of All Thrills Closing?

RSoxNo1

Really begs the question if Colortopia "Eventually" Closes.....What is the fate of the Electric Umbrella???....All I got to say right now is Enjoy the Innoventions plaza loop for as long as you can folks......Who knows if and when it does go the way of the Dodo..:(

What do you think has caused more health problems for people. The Electric Umbrella restaurant or an actual Electric Umbrella?

HauntedMansionFLA

How much square footage does each of the Innoventions Plazas have to offer? Would they ever move the Food and Wine out of WoL over to these two buildings?
Really begs the question if Colortopia "Eventually" Closes.....What is the fate of the Electric Umbrella???....All I got to say right now is Enjoy the Innoventions plaza loop for as long as you can folks......Who knows if and when it does go the way of the Dodo..:(

roj2323

They are really going to have to start announcing what's replacing Innoventions sometime soon as they have closed way too much of it for people not to notice or complain. this makes someting like 7-10 innoventions attractions that have closed. basically all that's left is colortopia.

Disney730

:oops: I just recently found out about this ride and was really looking forward to trying it out... so of course it's closing. This November trip is really panning out to be awesome. I won't have to stress about not getting to do everything I want, there won't be much left by the time I get there... :hilarious:

Cmdr_Crimson

They are really going to have to start announcing what's replacing Innoventions sometime soon as they have closed way too much of it for people not to notice or complain. this makes someting like 7-10 innoventions attractions that have closed. basically all that's left is colortopia.
Best bet (but doubtful) D23 expo for anything about it..

brb1006

Don't forget the extended version of the area loop. Sure Epcot never had it's own "Theme Song" but I always viewed the Innoventions loop as the unofficial theme song to Epcot since it still had that old Epcot charm to it.

azox

It's closing during my vacation, looks like I get to ride it one last time.

I really hope they don't take away the Epcot loop as it's a big part of what makes Epcot what it is. It's sad to see what used to be my favorite park being slowly shutdown. I love Soarin, Test Track and living with the land, but it's no where near a full day visit . Based on how long it takes them to build new attractions, I just can't see this park turning around for a couple of years even if they broke ground now.

With a new attraction opening per year at Disney World and large number of attractions closing, I wonder how badly this will affect their attendance. I suppose as long as the majority of their profit comes from costumers that only visit every 4-5 years then their current strategy will be fine from a business perspective.

From my perspective, we love to vacation in Florida once a year. Based on the state of Disney world this fall, we are only doing 2 days of Disney World vs the 4 days we have normally done. Instead we opted to do a 3 day park pass for $116 to visit Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa and Aquatica. I know it's not Disney, but we do like these parks and they offer a fun time as well.

Hopefully whatever they have planned for innoventions will be fun and something awesome to look forward to, though based on some comments I have read on this website I am skeptical.

No Name

I enjoyed both attractions, but Sum of All Thrills is beyond excellent. In my very honest opinion, it's a better attraction than Mission Space. I was very pleasantly surprised when it first opened.

And I'm very sad to know that it'll be going.

I hope they do something good with innoventions, but I am skeptical. And rightfully so.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
SoaT is excellent, but it's also extremely low capacity and most guests don't even know it's there. Officially, Colortopia is supposed to stay until the Glidden contract expires but I expect Disney and Glidden will come to an agreement to terminate the contract early. There won't be any draw into Innoventions to support it.

That said, people need to read ALL the threads before they start complaining. Insiders have indicated in the Future World thread that this could be the start of a major overhaul on the scale of "Epcot 3.0," and that's a very, VERY good thing.

Also, Maelstrom was terrible and Frozen has some of the best AA work that Disney has ever done.

JohnD

SoaT is excellent, but it's also extremely low capacity and most guests don't even know it's there. Officially, Colortopia is supposed to stay until the Glidden contract expires but I expect Disney and Glidden will come to an agreement to terminate the contract early. There won't be any draw into Innoventions to support it.

That said, people need to read ALL the threads before they start complaining. Insiders have indicated in the Future World thread that this could be the start of a major overhaul on the scale of "Epcot 3.0," and that's a very, VERY good thing.

Also, Maelstrom was terrible and Frozen has some of the best AA work that Disney has ever done.

Never done it. Will have to try on my upcoming Labor Day weekend trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom