Passholder single day ticket offer

JohnD

Does anyone know the restrictions on this offer? My sister is a seasonal pass holder, do they restrict this deal to only Platinum pass holders?

Thanks in advance!

My reading is any AP. Probably even Epcot after 4 pass but that doesn't help the passholder who restricted to only Epcot after 4pm.

FLDIS86

I am very excited for this deal! I was just at the parks this past weekend and yes attendance was very low and shocking to see, but if Disney is offering a discount why not take advantage of it? I have my sister in law coming into town and she wants to go to Disney with us so now I can afford to buy her a ticket. My question is can you purchase these tickets on consecutive days? Meaning if we buy the 1day ticket on lets say a Friday use it can we buy another 1day ticket the next day if we are going to be in the area for the whole weekend?

TheBuckeye

We've done it as well. Just a few attractions in each and off you go.

Sorry, but the new systems don't make it any less or more possible than before. Whatever your 3rd or 4th park was going to be, the likelihood of riding the premiere attractions was very much doubtful under the old system as well.

Actually, the new Fastpass system is much harder to get away with doing every park in one day. Before the new system I was able to do every park in one day multiple times and able to ride the more sought after rides. Now, not so much.

As already stated, this is a slow time of the year for Disney parks, so wouldn't it be good business sense to offer something to add people????? It has nothing to do with nice, but it certainly is a good offer.

If you've ever been to Disney 8-10 plus years ago you would know what slow time is. Disney has no slow time now. In the past couple of years I've gone in pretty much all seasons of the year. November used to be a great time to go but it's definitely more crowded than it used to be. My last trip I did see a big drop off which was crazy because it was middle of summer. I attribute it to the high prices Disney has brought upon it's guests. I mean come on, 100 dollars for a one day pass to Hollywood?

Keep smoking the pixie dust and giving TWDC your money 'cuz its Diznee' people like YOU are the reason Disney gets away with constantly degrading the experience because you enable the behavior. There is a saying in the business world 'Bad Money drives out the Good Money' think on that one for a while.

For a very long time my family in aggregate spent new economy car type money at Disney every year. This is no longer the case.

I will tend to agree with this although it comes off a little aggressive. I've been visiting Disney since I was 10 (27 now) and can definitely see a major difference in what it was to what it is now. Parks are dirty, maintenance isn't up kept and rides are in terrible condition. I'm with him on this, Disney has really blown it for me.
I'm a DVC member and annual passholder and I feel like I'm nothing but a money ploy to them. Being DVC I think I should get a crack at any hotel I want up until a month or two before vacation. But no, I cant even book the hotel I want a year out. As a passholder, what kind of incentives do they offer me? 10 percent off here and there? Too many people are blinded by the pixie dust and can't see the major faults with Disney and trust me, they have them.

Will I continue to go? Yes, because I do like enjoying the vacation time and it is a relaxing place to be. Will I go the 2 or 3 times a year I have been? No, I will not be.

jakeman

Actually, the new Fastpass system is much harder to get away with doing every park in one day. Before the new system I was able to do every park in one day multiple times and able to ride the more sought after rides. Now, not so much.
It's not, but it's my anecdotal evidence versus yours.

I was able to do every park in one day and see most of the headliners.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Shame they alienated their passholders with the rate hike in the first place....
Honestly how I feel. My family and I decided not to renew when our passes expire in November and just plan a two-three week trip to Cali next summer and also get to experience Disneyland for the first time. We probably won't be back to WDW for at least 5 years

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
As already stated, that isn't true. First off, exactly how would you do all 4 parks more than once in one day and ride more?? There is no way you could have done that with the old FP system. Even if you are talking about a day in January or February, well maybe true, but the person stated that they had just recently done this. You would be spending most of your day just traveling to the parks.

If you've ever been to Disney 8-10 plus years ago you would know what slow time is. Disney has no slow time now. In the past couple of years I've gone in pretty much all seasons of the year. November used to be a great time to go but it's definitely more crowded than it used to be. My last trip I did see a big drop off which was crazy because it was middle of summer. I attribute it to the high prices Disney has brought upon it's guests. I mean come on, 100 dollars for a one day pass to Hollywood?
I've been going to WDW for almost 40 years - all as an adult. I have no rose colored or pixie dusted glasses. Only what was reality then and now. Yes, there used to be a slow time and those are pretty much gone. Everyone needs to get over it and understand that the parks are going to be busy year round.

Really?? You're spouting the 100 dollars crap?? Nobody on vacation pays that, so it is disingenuous to keep bringing it up like the doom & gloom crowd keep spouting. A 10 day MYW ticket is $400 - so only $40/day. A far cry from $100.

I will tend to agree with this although it comes off a little aggressive. I've been visiting Disney since I was 10 (27 now) and can definitely see a major difference in what it was to what it is now. Parks are dirty, maintenance isn't up kept and rides are in terrible condition. I'm with him on this, Disney has really blown it for me.

Wow, a nice sensationalist post, just like some of the regular doom & gloom crowd. You have really joined the minions, haven't you. We are also DVC members and AP holders every year. We go multiple times every year, and have yet to see the "dirty" parks or restrooms as has been reported.

I will absolutely not state that other people haven't seen it, but it is the exception, and not the norm. And we have NO idea whether the items that people saw were cleaned up soon after, as they don't stick around to see how long it is before a CM cleans it up.

I'm a DVC member and annual passholder and I feel like I'm nothing but a money ploy to them. Being DVC I think I should get a crack at any hotel I want up until a month or two before vacation. But no, I cant even book the hotel I want a year out. As a passholder, what kind of incentives do they offer me? 10 percent off here and there? Too many people are blinded by the pixie dust and can't see the major faults with Disney and trust me, they have them.

Did you do any research whatsoever about DVC before buying in? What makes you think that you should get a crack at any hotel a month or two before you want to go?

And you do know that you can't book DVC until your 11 month window, right? So what couldn't you book a year out?

So you are one of those youngsters that think that they are entitled to something. Oooh, I'm a passholder and I should get tons of discounts and other things handed to me on a silver platter. Please. Give me a break.

I suppose you think that because you are a DVC member as well that Disney should just bow down and kiss your feet because you grace the parks with your presence.

Will I continue to go? Yes, because I do like enjoying the vacation time and it is a relaxing place to be. Will I go the 2 or 3 times a year I have been? No, I will not be.

You know, reading this back, it is a bit harsh, but it really gets tiring when I read about how you think WDW sucks. If it is that bad, then sell your points, and just stay away.

DinoInstitute

Keep smoking the pixie dust and giving TWDC your money 'cuz its Diznee' people like YOU are the reason Disney gets away with constantly degrading the experience because you enable the behavior. There is a saying in the business world 'Bad Money drives out the Good Money' think on that one for a while.

For a very long time my family in aggregate spent new economy car type money at Disney every year. This is no longer the case.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Pixie Dust was something that was snorted...?

tissandtully

This is great actually. Now when my buddy comes from out of town we can get drunk at Epcot and then go to MK to ride BTM, I'm not being saracastic, this is awesome, it cost him the full 1-day parkhopper price last year.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This is great actually. Now when my buddy comes from out of town we can get drunk at Epcot and then go to MK to ride BTM, I'm not being saracastic, this is awesome, it cost him the full 1-day parkhopper price last year.
Might I suggest saving the $79 dollars and getting drunk at home? Much Cheaper, trust me.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

All I really want from Disney is for them to once again live up to the standards they set for THEMSELVES, Without needing to visit Japan to do so.

TheBuckeye

As already stated, that isn't true. First off, exactly how would you do all 4 parks more than once in one day and ride more?? There is no way you could have done that with the old FP system. Even if you are talking about a day in January or February, well maybe true, but the person stated that they had just recently done this. You would be spending most of your day just traveling to the parks.

I've been going to WDW for almost 40 years - all as an adult. I have no rose colored or pixie dusted glasses. Only what was reality then and now. Yes, there used to be a slow time and those are pretty much gone. Everyone needs to get over it and understand that the parks are going to be busy year round.

Really?? You're spouting the 100 dollars crap?? Nobody on vacation pays that, so it is disingenuous to keep bringing it up like the doom & gloom crowd keep spouting. A 10 day MYW ticket is $400 - so only $40/day. A far cry from $100.

Wow, a nice sensationalist post, just like some of the regular doom & gloom crowd. You have really joined the minions, haven't you. We are also DVC members and AP holders every year. We go multiple times every year, and have yet to see the "dirty" parks or restrooms as has been reported.

I will absolutely not state that other people haven't seen it, but it is the exception, and not the norm. And we have NO idea whether the items that people saw were cleaned up soon after, as they don't stick around to see how long it is before a CM cleans it up.

Did you do any research whatsoever about DVC before buying in? What makes you think that you should get a crack at any hotel a month or two before you want to go?

And you do know that you can't book DVC until your 11 month window, right? So what couldn't you book a year out?

So you are one of those youngsters that think that they are entitled to something. Oooh, I'm a passholder and I should get tons of discounts and other things handed to me on a silver platter. Please. Give me a break.

I suppose you think that because you are a DVC member as well that Disney should just bow down and kiss your feet because you grace the parks with your presence.

You know, reading this back, it is a bit harsh, but it really gets tiring when I read about how you think WDW sucks. If it is that bad, then sell your points, and just stay away.

Honestly, I'm not even going to continue with it. I can tell you're one of those people who can't have Disney talked bad about around you. Nothing is wrong with Disney, I get it. Your thoughts are right and mine are wrong. Sorry for offending you with my thoughts. And yes, you do have pixie dusted glasses.

And for the record, never did I say Disney sucks or I think it sucks. Let's not put words in my mouth.I I simply stated that it has fallen off.

TheBuckeye

All I really want from Disney is for them to once again live up to the standards they set for THEMSELVES, Without needing to visit Japan to do so.

Preach! If Walt Disney were alive today half of the rides at WDW wouldn't even be open because they aren't show ready. It seems management has moved away from that mindset and isn't worried about anything but price gauging guests to death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom